Photo booth

Souvenir Photo Studio

Edited: Made a new and better title.

- - - - Original post - - - -

A photo booth with costumes. Guests come in, dress up, SNAP! Goes out happy with a photo to take home. Possibility for some extra revenue to the park.
Could maybe have some different themes, so in a cowboy area of the park, the photo booth is a saloon, a bank or jail, and the guests dress up in costumes to fit the setting.

Last edited:
A photo booth with costumes. Guests come in, dress up, SNAP! Goes out happy with a photo to take home. Possibility for some extra revenue to the park.
Could maybe have some different themes, so in a cowboy area of the park, the photo booth is a saloon, a bank or jail, and the guests dress up in costumes to fit the setting.
I'm not sure to understand your idea.

Are you talking about something like "Meet the characters" from Disneyland ? If yes, it's a very good idea. And it's (almost) already the case (We have already seen a Gulpee, and a young woman who takes a selfie nearby).

If yes, then you are right : This could be really better if they could have a specific "themed area" to do that, with hourly, and a queue. [big grin][up]
A bit the same principle of some ride that use the "hourly principle", like motion simulator, 3D/4D movie theater, concerts, shows, etc...). Like the attraction "Meet Mickey Mouse" at Disneyland Paris, or just a specific outside spot, where they come to specific hours (like this or this)

In case (highly unlikely but always makes me dream) if we have hotels , we should be able to place these "spots" in hotels too.

But "extra revenue" ? How ? This is always free (at least in my country) [weird] It's more to have "animation" in the park, and make kids happy <= And this makes me think we are not talking about the same thing

Last edited:
'Meet the characters' was a great idea actually, but I think that's covered with the mascots walking around in the park, with guests taking selfies and such?

The thought was, as I've seen in a couple of parks: it's usually a house, which in all its necessity is a photo studio, dressed with different props and backgrounds, and a huge amount of costumes available for the guests to put on and pose in front of the camera. The guests pay for the photo session and a set of photos. :)

'Meet the characters' was a great idea actually, but I think that's covered with the mascots walking around in the park, with guests taking selfies and such?
Well, it's more like an "evolution"

When you have a small park, to have a mascot who wanders on the paths is enough. But when you have thousands of guests, who want to take a picture (or get an autograph) with their favorite mascot, it's very complicated if you dont have "specific spots" (in reality, it's even impossible to manage).

The thought was, as I've seen in a couple of parks: it's usually a house, which in all its necessity is a photo studio, dressed with different props and backgrounds, and a huge amount of costumes available for the guests to put on and pose in front of the camera. The guests pay for the photo session and a set of photos. :)
Hmmm. Okay...

Never heard of this kind of thing.

I assume the OP is talking about something like this?

IMG_1896-e1294965456961.png

Sorry. Not by a long shot.
They have such thing at Liseberg at least. I can't imagine it being insanely uncommon?

A whole family, or a pack of friends.. 5-10 people could fit in the studio.

Last edited:
Ah I was also thinking of the "dress in victorian-20's fashion" photo studio at Liseberg. :)

it is a photo studio where they take professional photo of you as guest, they put victorian or 20's fashion on you and style you and then you will get to buy a sepia photo print in a frame for obcene amount of money. I dig it a lot back in 90s when it was new then I got tired of it, haha! (partly because I *am* interested in period fashion and the glaring mistakes/mismatch in fashion and accessoary just bugs me!) Plus the fact that sepia color (this brown-ish color hue) is just for up to 1870'ish then it became more black/white so sepia photo of 1920's is just plain wrong!

Haha, now I went off topic.

In the states it is common to get photographed in relation to some event, but it is more like you are there on a blue backdrop with your own clothes, and then you buy a print of yourself in your own clothes but with the theme's background digitally added. This is not common here in Sweden, however. Interesting. In Las Vegas almots everything you do they bug you with getting this photo, and then it continued with visiting the Space Needle in Seattle, the Willis Tower in Chicago.... you get bored quickly haha and say no already when asked to stand. ;)

But yeah, the one in Liseberg is actual photo studio in a dedicated store, not random blue backdrop.

Example of a photo:
1.jpg

Interior photo: (taken from a broken site:)
kostymer.jpg

- - - - - Additional Content Posted / Auto Merge - - - - -

With above said, the word Photo Booth is wrong because it is indeed this small automatic booth thing that can be placed like a vending machine.

Sorry, my mistake with the words then. But yes, you are totally correct. The one at Liseberg was especially the one I was thinking of, just couldn't find any pictures of it.

Well, it's just a "photo studio" in fact ... I dont think this to be legitimate in a theme park then.

it seems a little too rare and too "special"

I wouldn't mind seeing this feature, even if it was like the pic that Marvin posted.
The photo cabin ? [weird]
It's the same as you can see in any city hall here, to take the picture you need for your ID card, your passpor or driver license, etc...

photomaton-0ddff.jpg

Why do you want that in a theme park ? [weird]

No, see what Helena answered. Disregard my bad use of words. Photo 'booth' isn't correct. More like 'souvenir photo studio' ?
I edited the title.

Last edited:
I know exactly what you mean OlaHaldor
I went into one when I was a kid. Looked like a pirate ship on the outside, when I went in there were pirate outfits in different sizes and I put one on, stood in front of a Green Screen and the photo was of me and my sister on the ship!

Top Bottom