Pilots and Squadrons of the galaxy - we need YOU - 2HOT2MESSY is ON.

I suppose you HOTers spend a lot on repairing paint jobs?

It's the single best way I know to get a worn looking ships in a short time, 2-4 trips to Hutton does a marvelous job.

Can I make a plea. As with the first hot mess, this is an astonishing opportunity to get a visual on every single station and its location. Can we encourage people to maybe record (screenshot and brief description) any particularly notable ones in some central location? (perhaps this forum thread?) The first hot mess threw up Cortes base, an astounding planetary port perched right on top of a Pomeche like ridge which became something of a mecca for the racing comunity. If there are other amazing locations out there it would be such a shame for them not to be celebrated and catalogued for possible future use.
The same caveats about "what does a good Buckyball site look like? - maybe some pointers?"

Wide shot to include the ice geysers left and right and dominating peak I've privately christened "Eddie-the-Eagle's-Eyrie". Azevedo's Obligation in Togher.
Screenshot (799).jpg

Looks like at present around 15 percent of the bases we are landing at and selling to are 'dark' and have either not at any point been added to the EDDN crowd sourced database for Elite, or have incorrect information about markets. Most likely as a result of no one actually ever having been there.

How can you help?

If you're using the EDMC version of the Hutton Helper, look in EDMC and make sure your data is being pumped to some of the community sites like Inara, EDSM etc

If you're using the online helper, you can configure some of these websites to pull data as we do from Frontier servers by authenticating.

Then. When doing your mission. If you see a settlement and it is NOT in the event list. Go there! Mug and gin it. It will be in our raw data feed and the Hutorn Hamster is chomping through that list and making sure not one mug is missed.

Looks like at present around 15 percent of the bases we are landing at and selling to are 'dark' and have either not at any point been added to the EDDN crowd sourced database for Elite, or have incorrect information about markets. Most likely as a result of no one actually ever having been there.
Still sounds low - the Odyssey patch notes (https://forums.frontier.co.uk/threads/elite-dangerous-odyssey-patch-notes.575175/) talked about 400k new settlements, and eddb only has 115k, so should be something like 75% new by the end. Big job!

I think i might wanna do this sometime after tuesday's big to-do. So just to be clear, for the "busses" in post 79 the jump times are BST?

I mean i love a good Hutton Orbital run, but doing this in a sidey would mean a few too many of those

Carrier R.Buckminster Fuller inbound for Proxima. I have limpets (Restock/Armoury). Will also be selling (after a break) 1280 tons each of Explosives (from Sol) and Beer (from Nanomam). EDDB indicated that there was some demand for those.

Explosives bad... As they increase unrest I think.
However, any trade or missions for Hutton as a faction are good.

We can boost supply by bringing in high demand trade items, or dropping explo data from our trips, or doing missions for Hutton.

We need to get back to BOOM

How long does it currently take for the market to reload? Seems like >15 minutes. Or do I share the allocation in Open with all CMDRs who might be around?

How long does it currently take for the market to reload? Seems like >15 minutes. Or do I share the allocation in Open with all CMDRs who might be around?
10 min respawn as long as you've not hit max allocation for purchases in your own ship. Then you'll wait forever.

So if loading carrier nearby or friends. Buy. Star timer. Fly. Drop. Return. Wait until 10 mins up. Rinse and repeat.

We are still not in boom state, so allocations are 30 and 7. If we can boost that by positive trade then awesome. Trade can be done with aldin in big quantities at jump in point.

Anyone who finds problem stations you can report them here.

Ps. Shut because the bgs is in a war state isn't a problem. Shut because outbreak or infrastructure failure isn't a problem.

However... Open and no commodity market existing IS a problem.

Or if you discover a station that DOES have a commodity market and it isn't listed...

The same caveats about "what does a good Buckyball site look like? - maybe some pointers?"

Wide shot to include the ice geysers left and right and dominating peak I've privately christened "Eddie-the-Eagle's-Eyrie". Azevedo's Obligation in Togher.View attachment 316768
Hard to say precisely, and I should add that it doesn't necessarily have to be race related. But a classic example would be Cortes Base in Ross 1047.

IKgBLMx.png

Perched as it was on a ridge like that, it provided a spectacular location for racing around a ringed city but also meant we could stage Pomeche ridge like SRV races to and from the city. Another great example would be two (or more) planetary bases less than a few hundred km apart (that we could race between). There were plenty of these in Horizons but it's not clear whether there are many in Odyssey at all which seems to have gone to great pains to spread them out around planets.

10 min respawn as long as you've not hit max allocation for purchases in your own ship. Then you'll wait forever.

So if loading carrier nearby or friends. Buy. Star timer. Fly. Drop. Return. Wait until 10 mins up. Rinse and repeat.

We are still not in boom state, so allocations are 30 and 7. If we can boost that by positive trade then awesome. Trade can be done with aldin in big quantities at jump in point.
Something's fishy here.

Just spent 30 minutes shipping beer and explosives from my carrier. I already got 3 allocations stashed on that carrier (rank 40 on the Hutton Helper, so that one works), so it's not the stuff on the carrier blocking me.
  • 30 minutes waiting: no new allocation
  • relog via menu: no new allocation
  • via menu to solo: no new allocation
  • via desktop to solo: no new allocation.

I want to collect at least 4, better 5, allocations. That'll fill up my Dolphin so I can go out and spread the gin (mugs aren't the bottleneck, but I'll take the surplus along for the profit)

P.S.: also dead quiet in system chat.

You can only collect 1 allocation per run. Put on ship, transfer to carrier. Return empty, get more... If there are any left on your ship you can't buy more.

If fishy, maybe relog?

You can only collect 1 allocation per run. Put on ship, transfer to carrier. Return empty, get more... If there are any left on your ship you can't buy more.

If fishy, maybe relog?
Like I said, all allocations stashed on the carrier. I'm circling in a Dolphin (largest small ship available to me... mumblemumblebloodycobrafourmumblemumble...) between Hutton and my carrier, shipping in 62 tons of goods each round and picking up whatever I can get in terms of mugs and gin. Relog (menu or desktop) didn't help 🤷‍♂️.

How can you help?

If you're using the EDMC version of the Hutton Helper, look in EDMC and make sure your data is being pumped to some of the community sites like Inara, EDSM etc

If you're using the online helper, you can configure some of these websites to pull data as we do from Frontier servers by authenticating.

Then. When doing your mission. If you see a settlement and it is NOT in the event list. Go there! Mug and gin it. It will be in our raw data feed and the Hutorn Hamster is chomping through that list and making sure not one mug is missed.

I've come across a few not in the list, even in popular systems. Other than visiting them, would scanning the nav beacon or some other action get them to show up reliably?

It seems like they're very easy to miss if you aren't paying attention.

I think i might wanna do this sometime after tuesday's big to-do. So just to be clear, for the "busses" in post 79 the jump times are BST?

I mean i love a good Hutton Orbital run, but doing this in a sidey would mean a few too many of those
Yes, BST. That's currently 1 hour ahead of UTC.

Last edited:
I've come across a few not in the list, even in popular systems. Other than visiting them, would scanning the nav beacon or some other action get them to show up reliably?

It seems like they're very easy to miss if you aren't paying attention.
Trick would be to ensure that they have a commodities market. In lieu of other guidance, might report them using the problem reporter shown in post #133

Last edited:
Top Bottom