Pilots and Squadrons of the galaxy - we need YOU - 2HOT2MESSY is ON.

For those with very long memories - you might remember the HOTMESS event that Hutton Hosted a while back. Its singular mission - to Mug Every Single Station

The plan was to bring a Hutton Mug to EVERY station in the galaxy.... Helping keep MODS (Mug Ownership Deficiency Syndrome) at bay.

It has come to the attention of the crew that the Pilots' Federation in their infinite wisdom added "just a few" more commodity markets to the galaxy when Odyssey arrived, and without their shipment of Hutton Mugs, they're in severe danger of contracting MODS. What's more, scientists based in the bar at Hutton have realised that the effect of the Hutton Mug can be amplified by actually having something to put in it. EVEN BETTER - it was discovered that Centauri Mega Gin was the perfect choice. Which by sheer coincidence is ALSO sold at Hutton.

The original MESS took 90 days to deliver mugs to 50,000 stations

NOW there are over 130,000 commodity markets. Which, with the community's help, in the single biggest trucking mission in the galaxy ALL need their delivery.

What is MODS?
MODS is horrible. Not owning a Hutton Mug can cause Pilots to experience all sorts of lurgy from Space Mumps, Itchy Flight Suit Syndrome and sudden bouts of Forum-Itis.
MODS masquerades as all manner of other illnesses. Tiny Tim's head fell off. Floor Mopping Guy turned purple. Taren4295 had a strange compulsion to go the "full Buck Nekkid" en route home from Lavecon.

When?
We're starting loading ships up with mugs and gin at Hutton Orbital NEXT THURSDAY (28th) from 2030BST. We're also loading up fleet carriers (there is a waiting list as the area is a bit full) as well as the larger vessels. In Hutton PG as well as Open (or solo, or your own player groups).

We're starting the actual mission the week after. On the 4th. Ceremonial 1st mug during the radio show, then off we go!

What do we DO?
Take 1 tonne of Hutton Mugs and 1 tonne of Centauri mega gin to EVERY commodity market in the galaxy.
Volunteer to be part of the "teabagging team" loading people up at Hutton - remember, we only have medium pads so we'll need smaller ships to ferry out to the larger ones for loading. 3 loaders can do a full cutter in an hour. There will be prizes for the loading teams.

How is it tracked?
Any 2HOT2MESSY deliveries are tracked using the Hutton Helper available at http://hot.forthemug.com
Results and event details are at: https://hot.forthemug.com/hot_mess_2
Stations and settlements will be crossed off the list and the commander name placed alongside them as they go.
This can work as an EDMC plugin, or online authorisation which also works for console commanders. NOTE there may be a 20 min or so lag in the online version
The event page will be going live soon and we'll add a link. It will show which systems do not yet HAVE a delivery.
ALSO - there will be settlements that no one has ever visited. It's a self improving list. As we find more, the list will expand.

Are there prizes?
Yes. Hutton Mugs. Real ones. Plus swag from Spidermind and others. There will be a mug a week until the mission is completed. Anyone who has delivered 10 mugs and gin in that week will go into the draw for a Hutton Mug - you will NEVER have a better opportunity to win one. Plus decals
Details to follow.
We're aiming to track individual progress as well as each player squadron's progress - are the Hussars going to beat Hutton? Are Canonn all over this one like a rash? Are the Rats top Dog?

WeekWinner
3Impala_Mark
2Rocky Star
1Winny_1974

Any bonus content?
Well, if you're logging things with the Hutton Helper, then your Hutton Run times will ALSO go in the league table and there is a sincere possibility that you might get top Hutton Run status.

How do I join in/join the loading/get my group involved?
We're hoping that the squadrons will look after their OWN systems...
We will publicise loading evenings - just watch this space for news.
Get the HH set up, get loaded and wait for the "go!" on the 4th. (Mugs and gin dropped before this point won't count).

Last edited:
Loading events:

The carrier Dibbler's Emporium will be at Alpha Centauri A and available with a store of mugs from 1900 to 2100 each night from the 4th onwards. Limpets available for purchase. Will need the carrier owner to drop mugs for you between these times.

Will also need restocking at some point too.

There will be a BIG mug loading event at Hutton Orbital next THURSDAY evening (the 28th) starting at 2030BST in open/private groups etc during the Hutton Radio show
Please DO join us for fun and shenanigans.

BRING LIMPETS as none are available for sale at Hutton.

Last edited:
ONE MUG EACH WEEK!!!! There has never been a better way to earn a REAL Hutton Mug.... Just deliver 10 mugs and 10 gin within the week and BINGO, you're in the draw for that week's mug....

One of the advantages of this project is that by the end of it, EVERY commodity market will have been visited, bringing the various community tools pretty much up to date if people are running the EDMC with the Hutton Helper plugin.

Hands up who wants to cover Colonia?

Can I make a plea. As with the first hot mess, this is an astonishing opportunity to get a visual on every single station and its location. Can we encourage people to maybe record (screenshot and brief description) any particularly notable ones in some central location? (perhaps this forum thread?) The first hot mess threw up Cortes base, an astounding planetary port perched right on top of a Pomeche like ridge which became something of a mecca for the racing comunity. If there are other amazing locations out there it would be such a shame for them not to be celebrated and catalogued for possible future use.

Can I make a plea. As with the first hot mess, this is an astonishing opportunity to get a visual on every single station and its location. Can we encourage people to maybe record (screenshot and brief description) any particularly notable ones in some central location? (perhaps this forum thread?) The first hot mess threw up Cortes base, an astounding planetary port perched right on top of a Pomeche like ridge which became something of a mecca for the racing comunity. If there are other amazing locations out there it would be such a shame for them not to be celebrated and catalogued for possible future use.
Maybe the Buckyballers can put up a little prize for the best location discovered for racers?

Mainly just replying so I can get a notification on this thread. One question, though: AFAIK mugs and gin are rares, and the last time I remembered, rares couldn't be bought or sold on carriers. Was that changed, or how are you going to load (or unload) carriers unless it's the owner's only?

Oh, and regarding those trinkets - do you have an official 2HOT2MESSY logo?

Flossy

Volunteer Moderator
Mainly just replying so I can get a notification on this thread. One question, though: AFAIK mugs and gin are rares, and the last time I remembered, rares couldn't be bought or sold on carriers. Was that changed, or how are you going to load (or unload) carriers unless it's the owner's only?
No, nothing has changed with the Fleet Carriers - you are right, rare goods can not be bought or sold on carriers, but they can be stored by the FC owners who can still drop them for other commanders to collect. The FC owners will have to collect their own mugs and gin, but as they will be using their own ships to do so, these can be loaded by other commanders. It's not about buying and selling them anyway. 😁

Flossy

Volunteer Moderator
Oh, and regarding those trinkets - do you have an official 2HOT2MESSY logo?
qsRBysN.jpg

No, nothing has changed with the Fleet Carriers - you are right, rare goods can not be bought or sold on carriers, but they can be stored by the FC owners who can still drop them for other commanders to collect. The FC owners will have to collect their own mugs and gin, but as they will be using their own ships to do so, these can be loaded by other commanders. It's not about buying and selling them anyway. 😁
Indeed. The carriers will act like mobile Hutton Orbitals. The owners can offload to people at key locations if offered.

Or you can load your own one up with mugs over a shirt period or with friends and save yourself lots of return journeys.

Okayy.... that's nice, but not (as is) 3d-printable on the backside of a coaster.

So, in regards of Buckyball plunder, I might be able to throw a few 3d-printed BRC coasters into the ring (will have to change the design, though, since I'm out of reasonably clear PLA). This might also be a possibility for me to unload one of my more gruesome creations - Bucky's old wall clock. It doesn't just tell the time, it tells stories:
ZxJ1ljq.jpg

No, I do not know (and I'm not sure I want to) what Bucky puts into the drinks.

Well. As Hutton Truckers we have many skills but drawing isn't one of them.... (OK apart from Draxxor... and BeetleJude - who is an honourary Trucker)

So, if someone is capable of making us a galactically epic logo that is suitable you would earn Alvin's eternal gratitude.

We are still working out good old Microsoft paint.

Last edited:
the elephant in the room question still remains though. Does this "real" hutton mug have a magnet at the base and a spill proof top to keep liquids inside like one would expect from a mug produced by an outpost without gravity or is this just another example of artificial gravity existing where fdev insists it does not (the biggest conspiracy the game has ever seen)?

the elephant in the room question still remains though. Does this "real" hutton mug have a magnet at the base and a spill proof top to keep liquids inside like one would expect from a mug produced by an outpost without gravity or is this just another example of artificial gravity existing where fdev insists it does not (the biggest conspiracy the game has ever seen)?
We've determined that there are 3 viable forces for such things.
1. Magnets
2. Velcro
3. Suction
ONE of them will work with the Hutton Mug

Top Bottom