Guide / Tutorial Pilot's Federation Authority starter district (Noobzone) Welcome Mission demonstration video

I have to say that first station is in a beautiful location.
I think it will make a great impression on newbies.

Although with the same breath I'm gonna add that it might have not been a good idea to put newcomers on a big station with a lot of traffic (as you promptly demondtrated :LOL:)
Small outpost is much more friendly when comes to the first-time fumbles. :)

I noticed when you landed at the end point, you had the same problem that I am seeing...The display saying that you need to restock for 10Cr. Mine does the same thing after the new update, but when I click on it to clear it, a box pops up that says there is a server error and an 'OK' box to click. Never clears off though...But I know I haven't used any chaff or expendables. Bug in the machine I guess. Hasn't caused a problem yet, so I have decided to just ignore it for now.

Take Care and Check Six Commanders! o7

I noticed when you landed at the end point, you had the same problem that I am seeing...The display saying that you need to restock for 10Cr. Mine does the same thing after the new update, but when I click on it to clear it, a box pops up that says there is a server error and an 'OK' box to click. Never clears off though...But I know I haven't used any chaff or expendables. Bug in the machine I guess. Hasn't caused a problem yet, so I have decided to just ignore it for now.

Yes that is a known issue that F D have acknowledged (along with many others - the most annoying of which is the module priorities resetting).

I have to say that first station is in a beautiful location.
I think it will make a great impression on newbies.

Although with the same breath I'm gonna add that it might have not been a good idea to put newcomers on a big station with a lot of traffic (as you promptly demondtrated :LOL:)
Small outpost is much more friendly when comes to the first-time fumbles. :)
That NPC sitting there was the only time I saw an issue in the newbie zone in a couple of days (I went in on release and then again today to do a video). I wasn't going to try to redo the video as it took an awful lot of clear saves to get the welcome mission to appear that time.

The single hollow icon at the start station was the fewest I have seen - the arrival station had a good few but that start station was normally chock-a-block with them.

Last edited:

yah, that's a current bug. When it shows 10 cr...there's nothing actually needed, at least so far for me. If I actually need to restock It is higher credits and the button works properly. It's on their list of bugs to be fixed next week-ish.

@Para Handy, thank you so much for making this video. I was curious about the whole thing but in no way willing to wipe my (relatively new) commander to check things out. That video is a great service to the community.

It has been brought to my attention that the audio for my commentary is rather low in this video and drowned out by the game's FX. (I must have tweaked my mixer-desk for something else and not re-tested for this.) My apologies for that but I am not going to re-do the video as I won't be doing another clear-save again soon (I hope).

Top Bottom