PiMAX 8K VR

Am going for the StarVR One 5K
From Reviews it’s The Best Headset Out there
But might be about 3k mark

I was interested but they have axed the developer program in the middle of privatisation.

"We regret to inform you that the StarVR Developer Program has been put on hold until further notice.

We believe it is the most responsible course of action to put the StarVR Developer Program on hold while our company is in the process of going private, which may entail some changes to our operations.

Your interest and support for StarVR is greatly appreciated. We understand that many of you were looking forward to purchasing the StarVR One headset, and apologize for any inconvenience this may have caused.

Sincerely yours,

The StarVR Team"

Last edited:
They also, a few days ago, dropped a some specs, and a declaration of intent to release this year, for the 8kX model.

(I reiterated my opinion, on the Pimax forum, that the 8kX should replace the "regular" 8k in the product lineup (given the latter does not distinguish itself enough from the 5k+ model to warrant existing), and cost no more above that device than mandated by the difference in component BOM, but it sure sounds like they are going to position it in the enterprise market segment, and charge accordingly. :7)

...(I reiterated my opinion, on the Pimax forum, that the 8kX should replace the "regular" 8k in the product lineup (given the latter does not distinguish itself enough from the 5k+ model to warrant existing), and cost no more above that device...

I really like my 8K, especially when playing ED. I agree that Pimax should try to limit their product line to a few good models which make economic sense.

The 8KX specs are appealing, but I won't be buying a new headset anytime soon.

Top Bottom