Pinned Blueprints need the name of the engineer on them.

It is quite frustrating looking through one's pinned blueprints & trying to work out which engineer you picked it up from.
Please, can we have their name prominently displayed on the blueprint? So that should we need to return to them for
adding experimental effects or engineering more of similar modules, then we can do.

If you just want to find "an engineer for X module" then inara is your best bet.

Not convinced that just putting names next to pins is enough, often there will be another engineer who can do the job closer. The engineers page in-game is annoyingly vague about their capabilities, but adding all the inara functionality would be a big task.

If you just want to find "an engineer for X module" then inara is your best bet.

Not convinced that just putting names next to pins is enough, often there will be another engineer who can do the job closer. The engineers page in-game is annoyingly vague about their capabilities, but adding all the inara functionality would be a big task.

Well, if INARA can do it, why the game couldn't? As you correctly point out, the Engineer section of the game is absolutely vague. I don't understand why they can't list all the modifications they can do instead of just mention 2 of them and also show the maximum level of modification.

If FDev wants to help new players, giving them enough information inside the game would be a good step towards that direction.

Suggestions like OP are often aimed at avoiding 3rd party resources. Besides breaking immersion and forcing the player out of the game for information that really should be in the game, it might help to remember that not all of us play on a PC which only further exacerbates the problem. Primarily, though, information - obvious information like an Engineer's name - should be in-game.

It's a simple, QoL suggestion. I agree with Factabulous - the name alone isn't really a solution. Engineer information is abysmally absent from the game. If Frontier were to take an 'unlock' approach a la most RPG titles, the codex would not outright display all engineer information. Instead, it would populate with the information you've found as you discover the engineers and work with them. Over time, then, the codex reflects knowledge you have gained but is still a handy resource that isn't just dropped in your lap like a wiki page.

I wanted the name because I found that going to another engineer who does the same modules, you have to start from scratch again. That wastes a lot of mats.

Top Bottom