pip management

i'm on ps4
pressing down key on d-pad gives us a 2,2,2 split
i would like very much like to have a customisable pre-set for the left, up down and right keys
if you press left you could have a 3,2,1 split or a 4,1,1 or 4,2,0 or 3,1.5,1.5 and so on
if you press up you could have a different split and another split for right key and down key
this would mean we would know what pips we have and where they are so we don't
have to keep looking at the distributor and can focus on the action
i have got fed up cliking away only to find no pips in WEP then clicking away only to find
no pips in SYS or ENG.

really hope you see this

thanks Ghostmaker-71

i'm on ps4
pressing down key on d-pad gives us a 2,2,2 split
i would like very much like to have a customisable pre-set for the left, up down and right keys
if you press left you could have a 3,2,1 split or a 4,1,1 or 4,2,0 or 3,1.5,1.5 and so on
if you press up you could have a different split and another split for right key and down key
this would mean we would know what pips we have and where they are so we don't
have to keep looking at the distributor and can focus on the action
i have got fed up cliking away only to find no pips in WEP then clicking away only to find
no pips in SYS or ENG.

really hope you see this

thanks Ghostmaker-71
There were many such suggestions. People who play the computer for a long time using third-party programs with macros. How to be on a console... :(

I definitely agree with this. There are very few things the PC players have that I realy want but this is one of them. Everything from PVP to AX combat is much harder while constantly having to cycle through pips to get the configuration you need in that moment. Let us have a keybinding so we can configure it ourselves

I will say the way I've learned to compensate is ive gotten in the habit of tapping down and then the system that needs it. That way everything still gets power. It's not ideal but we have to make due.

Last edited:
I think instead the power management keys should have a repeat feature that keyboards have had for decades: You hold down the button for some time and it keeps activating/filling up that power capacitor. The repeat delay and repeat rate should be configurable.

Playstation's D-pad has been a long standing issue in this sort of situation because small thumbs can't comfortably sit in the center of the pad and just tilt to actuate the directions. Additionally, you can't slide the thumb around the circumference of the pad as you could with circular pads to go to adjacent directions, like left to left-down to down. You have to lift your thumb off a direction, move it to the next direction, and press.

Top Bottom