Piracy and the BGS

I'm just curious, with all the activity happening in Borann, why hasn't there been a concerted effort to flip the system to an Anarchy? Are all the pirate groups no more? Do organized pirates not try to influence the BGS to their favor? I'm just a single pirate doing his thing, but if there was an alliance of pirates who banded together to flip Borann, I'd sign up for that. Anything to get these pesky security NPCs off my back!

Note - I'm a real pirate, not a ganker. Killing is bad for business.

iu

I'm just curious, with all the activity happening in Borann, why hasn't there been a concerted effort to flip the system to an Anarchy? Are all the pirate groups no more? Do organized pirates not try to influence the BGS to their favor? I'm just a single pirate doing his thing, but if there was an alliance of pirates who banded together to flip Borann, I'd sign up for that. Anything to get these pesky security NPCs off my back!

iu
Do you know how much time and effort it takes to flip a whole system, compared to some nice rewarding mining hours?
:ROFLMAO:

Ahem. As an official part time pirate and anarchy supporter I call to arms my friends in arms hooks and say "yarr, lets walk the plank that pesky system authority... and a buddle of rum! o?"

Do you know how much time and effort it takes to flip a whole system, compared to some nice rewarding mining hours?
:ROFLMAO:
Yep, actually I do. Many hands hooks make light work. Also, as a pirate, I'm not interested in mining (cough boring cough). Slaves mine, princes like myself take what we want and rule with an iron hook. These mindless miners will be so busy pickaxing the rocks that they'll offer little resistance to a system takeover.

Now turn in your pirate hat at the nearest rum keg, you lollygagger.

Old duck... what have you done :0
I guess it has potential to be biggest cg ever(?). Judging how much controversy is over borann.

On second thought - simple way for griefers to justify killing for fun. Sooo it might be bad for your bussines.

Yep, actually I do. Many hands hooks make light work. Also, as a pirate, I'm not interested in mining (cough boring cough). Slaves mine, princes like myself take what we want and rule with an iron hook. These mindless miners will be so busy pickaxing the rocks that they'll offer little resistance to a system takeover.

Now turn in your pirate hat at the nearest rum keg, you lollygagger.
Gonna be in Borann at the weekend latest, due to my Pranav Antal shenanigans coming to an end.
Still undecided if as pirate or miner, propably both. Provided I can get away some hours from that other pesky grind game...

On second thought - simple way for griefers to justify killing for fun. Sooo it might be bad for your bussines.
Ironically I actually do my best to protect my targets from griefers (including those griefing NPC pirates). Pay your due, and I'll protect you. That and most griefers are lazy, thus my proposal to all miners looking for a little thrill in their monotony:

Gonna be in Borann at the weekend latest, due to my Pranav Antal shenanigans coming to an end.
Still undecided if as pirate or miner, propably both. Provided I can get away some hours from that other pesky grind game...
I usually pirate on weekends, mine and do other things on weekdays. I'm a "low effort" miner, doing it more for the occasional enjoyment of working the roids while running the Open gauntlet myself. Whatever I am doing, Borann is a fun place to do it thanks to the congregation of players. Even if nobody joins me, I might well at least become allied with the local pirate faction just for the fun of it, you know, for immersion :p

Yet undecided as well if I should use my T10 miner for sports, or swap all the modules for a chill safe corvette mining experience with umpteen gazillion mj of shields.

Yet undecided as well if I should use my T10 miner for sports, or swap all the modules for a chill safe corvette mining experience with umpteen gazillion mj of shields.
A well-armed and over-engineered Corvette was the first ship to me a run for my money the other day. I had to negotiate a treaty so we could both go about our business. Meanwhile, I've had two Elite Cutters clog on me. 🤷

You could also show up in a Type-6, which I've learned are not worth the time, LOL.

A well-armed and over-engineered Corvette was the first ship to me a run for my money the other day. I had to negotiate a treaty so we could both go about our business. Meanwhile, I've had two Elite Cutters clog on me. 🤷

You could also show up in a Type-6, which I've learned are not worth the time, LOL.
Yeah, I have one of those. Brought it to shin to test it, no one bothered for half an hour (one unsuccessful try) until a friendly german content deliever blew me up in his railaconda finally.

If you do pick up the pirate flag, leave your dishonorable ganker tactics back in Colonia. We don't need to be pushing these miners into Solo - it's bad for business.

If you do pick up the pirate flag, leave your dishonorable ganker tactics back in Colonia. We don't need to be pushing these miners into Solo - it's bad for business.
Huh? I'm an honest pirate if I pirate. Never blew up a target.
Well, Paul did when we winged up once, because he just wanted to strip the shields with his death star rated Beamaconda, but the hull was already at 37% and vanilla propably. Oof.

iu

I imagine for a lot of pirates, it's a "dont bite the hand that feeds you" situation. Most of them are probably out mining the same thing when they aren't out 'ratting!

The money for triple LTD beats out anything else by a large margin, so if you need cash that's probably the way you're gonna get it.

I don't really play much of the BGS so I wanted to ask, doesn't turning in bounty vouchers help make the system more secure?

I'm just wondering if/how much incidental NPC pirate kills might be working against you.

Last edited:
Well, I finished my Borann mining trip in Open. I did not see you Old Duck, perhaps we're unlikely to instance together (USA/EU?).
Took me two sessions, 3 days, had some technical issues along the way.
Other than that I had no trouble mining, met a lot of friendly miners. As I was boosting out of the rings a wild pirate appeared in local chat, threatening another miner to drop all his stuff, or else.

Had no problems travelling to and from Borann, except for the last system where I was going to sell.
Tiraon system, interdicted by an Elite Cutter and his Elite Krait Phantom friend. Jumped out of the system, tried again.
Spawned an Elite NPC Ferdy that interdicted me after I took a more obscure route, jumped back to supercruise.
Interdicted by Mr Cutter & co again, jumped out of the system, yet again.
Third time's the charm, managed to dock and sell for a tidy profit of 819 million.

It was fun, except for the technical problems I had in Open with limpets and ignore.

@Old Duck first rule of Anarchy, in fact any BGS take over.

Dont announce your plans on the forum first.

Also, come june it wont be such a hot spot so it would be a bit of a wasted effort. You might want to pay attention to one of the more famous double panite systems instead.

Well, I finished my Borann mining trip in Open. I did not see you Old Duck, perhaps we're unlikely to instance together (USA/EU?).
USA here, usually on after 6:00 EST, and not every night. Today I was on earlier, but I was actually mining this time around instead of pirating. I like to mix things up a bit.

Top Bottom