Pirate Theme & Early Acces

Status
Thread Closed: Not open for further replies.
Well it wont' be long now before those of us who have purchased Early Access, will be able to sample this amazing game for the first time, except for the person or persons, chosen to attend the Press Event in London on the 14th March, who will get the first proper look and hands on with the game.

So far all we have seen in the Dev Diaries is the Pirate Themeing, which I think is brilliant, the way Frontier have designed this for us all to see. I really like this theme and looking at the videos, there are still large areas of the park that haven't been used. I am just wondering, if we will get other themeing pieces, to build other themes, such as a Western Theme, or a Spooky Theme, just so we can build something different.

It is obvious we will be limited to the number of coaster and ride types, because not all of these have yet been built and are being worked on by the dev team. These will no doubt be added on regular updates as time goes on, with other items. Looking back at some of the early sketches of some of the theme material, I did notice some writing on one of the sketches saying, something like, (could be used for Fairy Theme) which hints that they could be making items that will enable some kind of Fairy Theming for the game.

It is anyone's guess at the moment, how much stuff will be in the Early Access and what Theming material will be already in place. But at least we do know that all the stuff for building our own Pirate Theme will be available.

while this is SUPER EARLY to be saying this, I REALLY REALLY REALLY REALLY REALLY hope that there is just expansion packs and not tiny things we have to buy bit by bit for the game to work. Expansion packs need to make a major comeback and I hope they add so many themes and things to this first one. I would definitely give 750$ for a foundation stone if they promised that.

Well it wont' be long now before those of us who have purchased Early Access, will be able to sample this amazing game for the first time, except for the person or persons, chosen to attend the Press Event in London on the 14th March, who will get the first proper look and hands on with the game.

So far all we have seen in the Dev Diaries is the Pirate Themeing, which I think is brilliant, the way Frontier have designed this for us all to see. I really like this theme and looking at the videos, there are still large areas of the park that haven't been used. I am just wondering, if we will get other themeing pieces, to build other themes, such as a Western Theme, or a Spooky Theme, just so we can build something different.

It is obvious we will be limited to the number of coaster and ride types, because not all of these have yet been built and are being worked on by the dev team. These will no doubt be added on regular updates as time goes on, with other items. Looking back at some of the early sketches of some of the theme material, I did notice some writing on one of the sketches saying, something like, (could be used for Fairy Theme) which hints that they could be making items that will enable some kind of Fairy Theming for the game.

It is anyone's guess at the moment, how much stuff will be in the Early Access and what Theming material will be already in place. But at least we do know that all the stuff for building our own Pirate Theme will be available.
I wonder.... they are counting down the days now, just like us, and i feel like they've stopped reading the forum. i notice Brett C is taking longer and longer in the Count thread, and the dev responses in other threads are getting rather clipped (brief).
I suspect we might be wasting our breath for the next few weeks - they'll be back in here with a vengeance no doubt after the Early Bird release, but right now it's like we are shouting 'hulloooooooo' at the Grand Canyon.

Brett C

Frontier
I wonder.... they are counting down the days now, just like us, and i feel like they've stopped reading the forum. i notice Brett C is taking longer and longer in the Count thread, and the dev responses in other threads are getting rather clipped (brief).
I suspect we might be wasting our breath for the next few weeks - they'll be back in here with a vengeance no doubt after the Early Bird release, but right now it's like we are shouting 'hulloooooooo' at the Grand Canyon.

I'm actually still reading through many threads here on the forums. While I might not be replying as much as I use to, I still do read it. [happy] I've been busy with a fair lot of behind the scenes stuff for PC and ED this past week and a half. ED forums have some changes coming up that are sort of like here on the PC forums (unified login), but i won't bore you with the details.

There's also a fair bit of developers reading through the threads as well. The dev team generally leaves the posting to us community team members., [up]

In Dev diary 2, there are 3 main options for themes. They are Western, Fairytale, and Pirate. I think they will have these themes completed for the most part in the release of the alpha and add more themes as they go on. I'm sure we won't be disappointed by the amount of scenery of the game since one of the main features expressed in PC is customization. I'm sooooo excited for the alpha, why does the middle of March need to be so far away?????

Last edited:
I'm actually still reading through many threads here on the forums. While I might not be replying as much as I use to, I still do read it. [happy] I've been busy with a fair lot of behind the scenes stuff for PC and ED this past week and a half. ED forums have some changes coming up that are sort of like here on the PC forums (unified login), but i won't bore you with the details.

There's also a fair bit of developers reading through the threads as well. The dev team generally leaves the posting to us community team members., [up]
I would like to be a little mouse to know what the team are saying about all our suggestions/debates. [rolleyes]

Bet you are eager to fill in that new community manager position.

lol thanks Brett, consider me corrected. nice to know you're still with us!!

In Dev diary 2, there are 3 main options for themes. They are Western, Fairytale, and Pirate. I think they will have these themes completed for the most part in the release of the alpha and add more themes as they go on. I'm sure we won't be disappointed by the amount of scenery of the game since one of the main features expressed in PC is customization. I'm sooooo excited for the alpha, why does the middle of March need to be so far away?????

That will be a good start, if we do get Western & Fairy theme scenery as well as the Pirate. I am eager to do a bit of landscaping with that voxel tooling, just to see what can be created. Time seems go a lot quicker when you get to my age, so you don't wish it on, like you do when you are younger. [haha]

Sawyer1

Planet Coaster Ambassador
I can't wait to get my hands on the Alpha and just see every little bit of detail and parks we will be using for years to come. If the alpha only released with the pirate theme I wouldn't be disheartened or anything, time to recreate Tortuga!

However if we opened that alpha program and I saw several themes I think I would run around my house and pass out from excitement! I just can't wait to see what we can get our hands on. I love, love and LOVE the idea of a fairy tale theme.

I can't wait to get my hands on the Alpha and just see every little bit of detail and parks we will be using for years to come. If the alpha only released with the pirate theme I wouldn't be disheartened or anything, time to recreate Tortuga!

However if we opened that alpha program and I saw several themes I think I would run around my house and pass out from excitement! I just can't wait to see what we can get our hands on. I love, love and LOVE the idea of a fairy tale theme.

We might get several themes for early release, but I am like you, I will be happy with what we have seen for now, as there will be plenty to keep us busy, until it gets updated with more stuff. I am eager to have a go at making a large mountain scene, with a very large cave system, for placing a few flat rides and stalls, with a coaster weaving through it. But I think I will probably spend quite a bit of time with what Frontier have created first, just to get to know everything about the game and how everything runs, before getting to ambitious. [haha]

Last edited:

Sawyer1

Planet Coaster Ambassador
We might get several themes for early release, but I am like you, I will be happy with what we have seen for now, as there will be plenty to keep us busy, until it gets updated with more stuff. I am eager to have a go at making a large mountain scene, with a very large cave system, for placing a few flat rides and stalls, with a coaster weaving through it. But I think I will probably spend quite a bit of time with what Frontier have created first, just to get to know everything about the game and how everything runs, before getting to ambitious. [haha]

I'm going to be like a kid at Christmas looking at a pile of presents when I load it up.

jonah-hill-flailing1_1_111.gif

Will we have more themes than pirate at the EA release?

Ive already started my countdown 2 Monday's until London i mean. But yeah id bet after that it will be reveled for Alpha

Last edited:
We all know that Brett is in reality making his home videos and not working on forums as he stated.... In fact I believe he is probably the one being used by the development team - dressing up in all manner of weird clothing and then prancing about singing.....

or not..

Hurry up Ebird!!!!! lol

Status
Thread Closed: Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom