Pirating as a federal general

Your going to love that G5 Quickscan Manifest scanner, I know I do.

I run a Clipper with Prismatics so when I see Bi-Weave I wince but as long as you can hold out against a few cops shooting you while you pick up the goods its all good.

Another thing I encountered is cargo being picked up by limpets not going into your hold but if you pick them up old school you should have no problem... aside from shield strength being more taxed.

If you can handle yourself and your ship is really well engineered (gankers generally have straight up murder boats) then yeah make yourself bait with a DC. On the Vette id get rid of the FSD booster. 20ish jump should be plenty if you plan to chase because people generally highwake to the first system on the Nav panel. Use that slot for something more useful. Maybe switch your 5A collectors for the slot for your interdictor, don’t need that many active limpets for that length of time for the amount of items you’ll likely be asking for.
Much rather see a pirate than a ganker out here. Kinda fun to interact with pirates, at least there’s some player interactions and choices to be made. But if you run into me don’t expect me not to haggle, I worked hard for all that tasty cargo :p

I watched a video the other day with a guy pirating other players. I think he was in a corvette, and I thought I might try my hand as a pirate...
Here are the 2 builds I'm thinking of...
If I could have pointers that'd be awesome....
Docking computer to maybe get gankers ruffled for fun?

Lose the repair limpet controller. It's as useless as a docking computer for whatever you have in mind.

Amfu is a waste unless your plan is set it to repair the MRP while shields down.

Change hull mod to thermal resist. Your %s are imbalanced.

Pirating and anti-ganking require very different builds. Decide what you want to do. An actual pirate build is very unlikely to beat gankers who know what they're doing, especially if it's packed with dead weight like a docking computer or hull repair. That vette is most likely just a rebuy vs any PvP or gank build unless you wake out.

I figure I won't be around too long to take alot of damage to my shields, plus I have them engineered for high resistance, so I'll be able to stick around

I figure I won't be around too long to take alot of damage to my shields, plus I have them engineered for high resistance, so I'll be able to stick around

Unless they’ve got Vibe Torps, which they very well may. Then kiss your shields goodbye.
Getting rid of the AFMU and Repair limps is good advice as is the mod change. Really the only thing I’d add to that is getting rid of the FSD booster for something more useful and swapping slots on that collector controller.

Unless they’ve got Vibe Torps, which they very well may. Then kiss your shields goodbye.
Getting rid of the AFMU and Repair limps is good advice as is the mod change. Really the only thing I’d add to that is getting rid of the FSD booster for something more useful and swapping slots on that collector controller.

So, as strictly pirating, I won't need an afmu/repair limpet? I figured I might take damage from security response or from an armed trader... But I guess if I do take module/ hull damage I can brave sir Robin to repair?

So, as strictly pirating, I won't need an afmu/repair limpet? I figured I might take damage from security response or from an armed trader... But I guess if I do take module/ hull damage I can brave sir Robin to repair?

you dock and repair just like everybody else

those things are mostly for long range explo builds. you can get away with it in bubble PvE because PvE is easier than PvP

once you start any type of PvP (piracy, ganking, 1v1s, whatever) you need to cut all the useless stuff out or you will lose once you encounter someone who knows what they are doing and has a better build

Last edited:

you don't have high resistances though. your hull resistances are very poorly balanced. Shield better but not high by PvP standards

you also don't have a wake scanner. finding targets as a pirate is the hardest part, wake scanners make it marginally less hard

joke about docking computers all you want but these are just not great builds. sure you can probably wake out in them but why not just build an eagle for literally a billion fewer credits to do that?

like I said before, you need to decide if you want to pirate or anti grief. they require very different builds. your current builds might work for piracy if you happen to find the right traders/miners. they are ineffective for anti-grief especially the vette. its shield isn't even engineered

Last edited:
Blimey! Comrade, piracy ..or the art of 'xtracting booty, can be done in many boats. Even in a sidey. Ya must be convincing... master the science of parley, be charming (like me) or threatening. It's all on ya. To me personal 'xperience, if ya want to rob stuff at a CG ya 'ave 2 main options: speed/stealth boats, tanky big boats. First ones 're clippers or shieldless kraits, second a cutter... anyway, me suggest to begin with sumfing cheap and faaaast like a Cobra.

you don't have high resistances though. your hull resistances are very poorly balanced. Shield better but not high by PvP standards

you also don't have a wake scanner. finding targets as a pirate is the hardest part, wake scanners make it marginally less hard

joke about docking computers all you want but these are just not great builds. sure you can probably wake out in them but why not just build an eagle for literally a billion fewer credits to do that?

like I said before, you need to decide if you want to pirate or anti grief. they require very different builds. your current builds might work for piracy if you happen to find the right traders/miners. they are ineffective for anti-grief especially the vette. its shield isn't even engineered

Whoops, I updated the build

https://coriolis.edcd.io/outfit/fed...0bpa4AMAAA==.EweloBhBmUA4oFMCGBzANokM4HYRSFA=

Lol you actually made your build much much worse. You dropped your hull thermal resists from 0% to -30%. Shields likewise worse, in fact no engineering showing up at all on this new build.

Are you going for lulz here or is that the wrong link or is coriolis being buggy or what?

Also note there's a shortlink option in the upper right portion of the coriolis page.

Last edited:
Lol you actually made your build much much worse. You dropped your hull thermal resists from 0% to -30%. Shields likewise worse, in fact no engineering showing up at all on this new build.

Are you going for lulz here or is that the wrong link or is coriolis being buggy or what?

Also note there's a shortlink option in the upper right portion of the coriolis page.

Coriolis is being buggy, also could be me using mobile.

Edit: Coriolis isn't showing what I've done
59, 55, 68 shield resists
37, 39, 39 hull resists

Last edited:
Coriolis is being buggy, also could be me using mobile.

Edit: Coriolis isn't showing what I've done
59, 55, 68 shield resists
37, 39, 39 hull resists

Assuming the engineering is sound this is much better.

That said - this may be due to the lack of engineering on PP - your power looks insufficient. Make sure you can run the build. To reduce power consumption I usually go with E rated manifest and cargo scanners because the tradeoff of power draw for increased range is terrible (16x current draw for 2x range). G5 armored, with thermal spread or monstered are best. Better to reduce your power usage than overcharge PP.

Swap one pack hound for a grom bomb, or if you don't have a grom bomb unlocked, put a small or medium hi cap dumbfire with FSD reset experimental somewhere. This is a very important weapon for piracy - without it, opponent just wakes away which is a loss in piracy. Can be handy for "pure" PvP but less important - only if really want to inflict rebuy rather than watch opponent run away.

I'd personally gimbal those smalls rather than use turrets - the smalls on a vette have wonderful position & convergence, unlike the smalls on a conda. But others would suggest turret for decreased distro draw on weapons you're probably only using for the experimental effects. Personal choice.

On my vette those smalls alternate between feedback cascade rails, or a few other choices depending what I want to use it for. Without dual small feedback cascade rails (or a single medium rail/hammer with feedback cascade) it will be tough to defeat many PvP builds that use a lot of SCB.

Last edited:
Assuming the engineering is sound this is much better.

That said - this may be due to the lack of engineering on PP - your power looks insufficient. Make sure you can run the build. To reduce power consumption I usually go with E rated manifest and cargo scanners because the tradeoff of power draw for increased range is terrible (16x current draw for 2x range). G5 armored, with thermal spread or monstered are best. Better to reduce your power usage than overcharge PP.

Swap one pack hound for a grom bomb, or if you don't have a grom bomb unlocked, put a small or medium hi cap dumbfire with FSD reset experimental somewhere. This is a very important weapon for piracy - without it, opponent just wakes away which is a loss in piracy. Can be handy for "pure" PvP but less important - only if really want to inflict rebuy rather than watch opponent run away.

I'd personally gimbal those smalls rather than use turrets - the smalls on a vette have wonderful position & convergence, unlike the smalls on a conda. But others would suggest turret for decreased distro draw on weapons you're probably only using for the experimental effects. Personal choice.

On my vette those smalls alternate between feedback cascade rails, or a few other choices depending what I want to use it for. Without dual small feedback cascade rails (or a single medium rail/hammer with feedback cascade) it will be tough to defeat many PvP builds that use a lot of SCB.

I don't have from bomb unlocked yet, so that's months away lol.

I turreted the smalls literally for the effects... Corrosive and scramble spectrum? Doubtful the targets I will go after could outmaneuver me ( namely trading ships) but if I git gud, those debuffs could help keep them stuck in.

I don't have any fixed cause I'm not good with them yet, so if it gets to the point where everyone brave sir robins I'll have to engineer some dumbfires.... Packhounds make me happy inside though

Powderpanic

Banned
https://coriolis.edcd.io/outfit/federal_corvette?code=A2putpFklndzsxf57r7r1e1bPh29290c040404040404024k5s5s05fm04m92d2dC0C06g.Iw18ZlA%3D.EwBj5BGSNuNCYwAsQ%3D%3D%3D.H4sIAAAAAAAAA42Tu0tcURDGZx8%2B9uFe73V33ZX1EXNVEFnWciHYBUwRSCOmtAhWFhaKFhbaJCFYSYiNhX%2BCRSAWFinyB1hahLBYiMUWKUQk2czk%2B4Q9mMJwbvHxcec3M%2BfOnSPaJyJ%2FeiCdA0juLCkysJsXCV%2FDRac5kfgmIWIJXXDkDqT%2F1W%2BzoFUXKZ%2BkQZ6jkCW17KANSBD%2FMiu2IaXjQKRC8un6MMiUjjhyq0vetyvulEB%2BR8TSOk8ozfjKT8Q%2FX5pZjzZd6h4kk1ez7MdQ5AndJN0U3TSd9erKv0WOrszqjTtU6tdlhhKsBFRmi5DoOoX%2Bc3hZvf%2BmjA%2BU9YFyPlBel9zXfYDI4IxImhJxcBVCo8yxgQfl3jxWruADBbra7Rlst82qz27NGl9bGNGgPnfHOWKcPyZqbCL%2FW0Zk%2FKKA%2FNAHinygIR%2Bo6AOVdNFBh9xsbkRIifeziJd1ivEUR%2Fx%2BCPkccY3OhvWlS12DJCsds17ubq4JPvwBKbFJfMbpVfRFt1LnHSTBmfbdYcFmeLCJxRvMsfoAevsYNKazrvEnnvkLbGGihp50Ee9QTGfj3uSk1kjiMkveLdAIb5uZ%2FOf5C2Sjg0waBAAA.EweloBhBGA2EoFMCGBzANokIDMAOAdgWIiA%3D&bn=yarr

Short link not working KEK

Pirate away to your hearts content, will holdup fine in a PVP fight ( to a degree )
Turn off huge lasers once your player target has complied and then cargo and limpets go live.
Keep your fuel scoops at local station to your hunting groups and swap out for the C5 cargo when travelling.
Pulse over Beam. Lower DPS technically but longer sustainable fire due to lower draw and less heat, so higher actual DPS potential, while keeping 4 pips to shields.

Will be strong enough in a fight with shields.
Has enough hull and reinforced PP to be a viable tank long enough to escape ( big ships in a prolonged fight with anything with pen rails are dead, so choose wisely )

Rum

Powderpanic
The Voice of Griefing

Last edited:
Top Bottom