Pitch your game.

Had an idea for a game?

Pitch it to the forum and see if you have a winner!

Of course I'm going to pitch mine first so here goes.

Simulation

Set in WW2 (if success expand to other theatres of war)

B17 Bomber crew.(if success expand to other vehicles)

Missions as happened in recorded history in full scale maps with approximate locations and defences.

You can play any member of the crew in the mission but only one ,VR and multiplayer compatible.

If you are killed your game ends your crew slot will remain empty unless vital then another crew member must take that spot. if

You may play in real time or use the time compression function (8 hour missions might be a tad long)

First person view only.

Levels of simulation can be adjusted to suite your skill level in your chosen crew slot.

Unfilled crew slots will be taken by AI.

So I see it working like so.. there will be a lobby with available crew slots in games about to start or you may start your own game.
All info about the mission you are joining /starting can be seen in the lobby.
Once you have joined/started a game and have enough crew you begin at the runway and take off make way to target drop ordinance and go back home.
Of course you will have to make your way through enemy defences which would be placed as accurately as possible.

Damage to the plane will be accurately portrayed as much as possible as well as to the crew.

Duties such as first aid, putting out fires and repairs will be possible.

Bailing out will save you but end your game.

Severely injured crew may be bailed out to try to save them.

If the game where to become successful imagine taking mission such as the dam busters in a lancaster.
Or a tiger tank at the battle of the bulge.
Or a mosquito doing a recon mission in France?
B52 in Vietnam?

Of course positions like navigator or radio operator will not be popular positions but that is where the ai players step in.

Yes/no?

Let's hear your pitch?

I had this idea, which I wanted to turn into a story, but it might just as well make a game.

You're a lone wanderer among the stars, a member of an ancient alien race of people who don't age which one day decided that it is bored with doing civilization and so they took off and went exploring the universe.
You stumble upon Earth of near future, being under attack of another alien race of sufficiently bug-like and evil nature :)D)

You decide to join in on the fight and team up with humans.
Your ship is formidable (light cruiser grade armament and a couple of small fighter ships) but it is just one ship. Capable of defeating the baddies' ships 1v1 without a problem, but not much more without the risk of being badly damaged or downright stranded on Earth if anything goes wrong.

As for the gamey part, I imagine several layers of gameplay.
Layer 1 - XCOM-like tactical combat, your team consisting of you (appropriately high-tech armour with several gadgets like shielding, autocannon, cloaking, the ability to call in an airstrike of your fighters,...) and a team of human volunteers, each with their own skills and use. Main goal - infiltrate and destroy nests (motherships) all around the globe
Layer 2 - arcade flight sim where you are gaining the air superiority in regions where mothership was destroyed.
Layer 3 - TBS/RTS where you coordinate armies of different nations and fight the ground war with the possibility of bringing in the ship for a decisive strike, preparing Layer 1 and 2 missions, gather resources, etc.

All of that rather story-driven.

*shruggs* Nothing really groundbreaking, gameplay-wise, I know. But I'd play that. :)

Last edited:

Jenner

I wish I was English like my hero Tj.
A management and society sim kinda like Anno crossed with Crusader Kings, but centered on a generation ship travelling to another star system. You are tasked with running the ship over many lifetimes, doing things like resource allocation, repair, disaster response, managing crew, etc. It would be heavy in the politics like Crusader Kings, where you have to manage all the messy business of managing a society in a confined space while keeping the ship running.

I dunno...it would be interesting, but I am not sure of the actual game play. :D

A management and society sim kinda like Anno crossed with Crusader Kings, but centered on a generation ship travelling to another star system. You are tasked with running the ship over many lifetimes, doing things like resource allocation, repair, disaster response, managing crew, etc. It would be heavy in the politics like Crusader Kings, where you have to manage all the messy business of managing a society in a confined space while keeping the ship running.

I dunno...it would be interesting, but I am not sure of the actual game play. :D

This is a good one, I'd play it.

Gameplay could be anything between CYOA / Reigns to grand strategy with the sectors of the ship as map and different factions and advisors (Alpha Centauri, but still on the ship).

If cryogenics is a thing, have both the active crew and the frozen one to manage, this second group obviously not being aware of what is going on and can be recruited by any party.
The way you win a sector is by taking control of the specific air lock control room, of which there are more than would be thought necessary.

Hm, is hijacking another's idea okay or should I contemplate a good game on my own :eek:? If I have something worthwhile, I will get back to you.

Last edited:
Why . Any thing posted is owned by Frontier. They then cant use it anyway. Its 2019 the webs been around for over 20 year. Still don't get why everyone thinks they are only person that can go around telling other people what to do. Also people with ideas cant put them into production. People who can produce ie have money / technical ability don't have the ideas. Weird.

Such as

[video=youtube;7-imSTIBw84]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7-imSTIBw84[/video]

Jenner

Why . Any thing posted is owned by Frontier. They then cant use it anyway. Its 2019 the webs been around for over 20 year. Still don't get why everyone thinks they are only person that can go around telling other people what to do. Also people with ideas cant put them into production. People who can produce ie have money / technical ability don't have the ideas. Weird.

What's weird about it? It's fun to toss ideas around. I think you're taking this a bit too seriously.

Yeah, I'd seen that one before. It's not *quite* what I had in mind, but it's an interesting space game to be sure. I should probably check it out again, as the last time I saw it it was just at release. I'm sure it's matured a bit since then.

What's weird about it? It's fun to toss ideas around. I think you're taking this a bit too seriously.

Yeah, I'd seen that one before. It's not *quite* what I had in mind, but it's an interesting space game to be sure. I should probably check it out again, as the last time I saw it it was just at release. I'm sure it's matured a bit since then.

Ideas cant be copyrighted. If someone has a good idea they better keep it too themselves or develop it patent it.

There are some people Ive met them who like asking for stuff simply because it not available. If it was they would want something else.

My education was based on solitary work rather than group work.

Last edited:

Sir.Tj

The Moderator who shall not be Blamed....
Volunteer Moderator
Ideas cant be copyrighted. If someone has a good idea they better keep it too themselves or develop it patent it. 'Taking it seriously' you mean like how the mods operate on this forum.

If i was taken seriously I would be highly insulted.

Ideas cant be copyrighted. If someone has a good idea they better keep it too themselves or develop it patent it. 'Taking it seriously' you mean like how the mods operate on this forum.
To be fair, the ideas discussed here are not yet enough to be in any way copyrighted or patented. Discussing things can inspire you to think more about a certain aspect or even something completely different unexpected. Unless we start writing a complete and detailed book together in this thread, I don't see an issue.
Also, several times I noticed that ideas I thought I came up with were already a "thing" (mostly when I was a lot younger, but still).

Last edited:

Jenner

Gameplay could be anything between CYOA / Reigns to grand strategy with the sectors of the ship as map and different factions and advisors (Alpha Centauri, but still on the ship).

If cryogenics is a thing, have both the active crew and the frozen one to manage, this second group obviously not being aware of what is going on and can be recruited by any party.
The way you win a sector is by taking control of the specific air lock control room, of which there are more than would be thought necessary.

Hm, is hijacking another's idea okay or should I contemplate a good game on my own :eek:? If I have something worthwhile, I will get back to you.

I like it! :D

Table Top style game:

Fantasy America Football meets, Magic the Gathering and Cards against Humanity. With MNC style stadium audio and commentary.

Also will be politically incorrect with fictional characters such as "Fallen Casppernick". Tap to cause Fallen Caspernick to "take a knee" causes "controversy" which taps a random amount of "football" creatures to become tapped until end of turn.

Just gotta figure out how not to get my butt sued off.

To be fair, the ideas discussed here are not yet enough to be in any way copyrighted or patented. Discussing things can inspire you to think more about a certain aspect or even something completely different unexpected. Unless we start writing a complete and detailed book together in this thread, I don't see an issue.
Also, several times I noticed that ideas I thought I came up with were already a "thing" (mostly when I was a lot younger, but still).

Yeah Had this idea about linking different computer systems together. I was chatting to this guy in a pub in the 80s. Drew it out on a paper napkin. He took one look and said he had to rush of and see a man about a dog..

Simple enough game concept, let's call it "The Chase".

A Zombie epidemic has taken over, and your own hope of survival is to escape. It's an (procedurally generated?) open-ish world game (you can go forwards, left, or right, but backwards is death). You have 3 choices: stealth, power, or speed.

Stealth: Hide, don't run or fight. Sneak around, scavenging food and weapons where you can. Maybe you can kill isolated zombies with traps, if you do it quietly. Maybe steal body parts, and pretend you're one of them. Sneaking onto (automated) trains can help you move quickly, but is high risk.

Power: Fight, don't hide or run. You hijack a big- 18-wheeler rig and plough through the crowds. You are almost constantly under attack, but if you manage to get clear for a bit you can stop and salvage parts etc. and add on armour and defensive weapons. You're always being chased though, so you'll never have much time.

Speed: Run, don't hide or fight. Pick a fast car and go. If you slow down, you risk getting caught up in attacks, so you need to go flat out. You're more likely to get damaged, but at the same time you should be able to get ahead of the crowd and have time to stop and repair. The Zombies will set traps to try and get you to stop.. you have to be able to determine the real opportunities from the traps, quickly.

You should be able to switch between playstyles freely.

The only mode is Hardcore mode. Die and you're dead. You can (of course) replay the game, but you restart as a brand new character. When you do, you should be able to see the wreckage of your last character/attempt - and perhaps even scavenge from it. You should similarly be able to see where other players have died, so it becomes a competition to see who gets the furthest.

Last edited:
Top Bottom