Placeable feeding plants

QUESTION! I'm just wondering if the plants and other edible foods we will research to put in our feeders for Sanctuary Island to feed our dinosaurs with will be a type of set of plants and fruit that could also be placed on the ground for a dinosaurs to feed on naturally without the need of feeders?

Note: does anybody see any new photos involving edible plants placed on the ground for dinosaurs to Feast on? If so please leave a link down below so we can examine the photo if Frontier posted anything involving this question.

Last edited:
Personally, I don't think individual plants are something they'll be able to eat, with the new feeder type being fairly nature themed (also, I get the feeling putting feeding nodes on plants might break it a bit too).

Personally, I don't think individual plants are something they'll be able to eat, with the new feeder type being fairly nature themed (also, I get the feeling putting feeding nodes on plants might break it a bit too).
We're not talking about feeding nodes or individual plants... more like the Enrichment Items from Zoo Tycoon 2.

yes well I noticed by the end of the Claire sanctuary trailer there were no feeders when we saw the dinosaurs drinking from the water pond and it made me wonder if we could lay down individual plants or other Foods from the feeders and place them on the ground because it doesn't look like the dinosaurs are going to rely on feeders anymore because this was the biggest criticism by everybody in this community so I thought that was kind of strange considering the fact that most players would place feeders close to water when they first release them but now it looks like maybe Frontier included grazing dinosaurs from not needing to require feeders maybe?

Last edited:
Many people including myself have wanted natural grazing to be part of the game. Personally, I think if Frontier was going to add a natural grazing behavior they would not have added customizable plant feeders. It still remains to be seen, since the DLC is not out yet, but I think if Frontier did add some sort of natural grazing, or edible plants mechanic they would have announced it to gain more hype. They know that grazing is a requested feature, and I'm sure it would have been part of the announcement in order to encourage people to buy the DLC. Since it was not mentioned, I think it is safe to remain skeptical of its inclusion.

Top Bottom