Work In Progress PlanCo Books

Vampiro

Volunteer Moderator
I know i didn't even finish the PanelSet yet but i couldn't resist to try something else.

The bigger goal of the PanelSet is to make it easy to create shop interiors. But ofcourse those interiors also need shop items. And there is some pretty good stuff out there already but i decided i will also do a little set of books that can be placed as decoration in the shops.

Here is the first WIP :

Q7OIqmD.jpg

Every now and then I see so many useful items popping up with the Toolkit I didn't even know I needed...

This looks great! Some storybooks with the entertainers could be cute as well (e.g. Adventures of Princess Amelie, Cosmic Cow-Story,...)

Vampiro

Volunteer Moderator
Every now and then I see so many useful items popping up with the Toolkit I didn't even know I needed...

This looks great! Some storybooks with the entertainers could be cute as well (e.g. Adventures of Princess Amelie, Cosmic Cow-Story,...)

Good idea!! I will do some of those .... better said, i will try :D

Great idea! I'm sure I've said it a dozen times by now, but I love these small shop pieces. They are really bringing life to the merchandising part of our parks!

Looks fantastic, buddy.
How about lines of books to fill shelves with too? It could reduce piece count if it's one piece that looks like a line of books.

Vampiro

Volunteer Moderator
Looks fantastic, buddy.
How about lines of books to fill shelves with too? It could reduce piece count if it's one piece that looks like a line of books.

Yes i have been thinking about that as well... But i can't really figure out how to do that in a usefull way. I can make a stack of the same books but if its perfectly on top of each other it's a bit boring. When i stack them up a bit messy it looks better but when i place 5 stacks then all 5 will look exactly the same.

I like your idea though! And thanks for the compliment :D

Perhaps flexicolors to give them some variation, and a couple different versions with different book sizes/shapes on each?

Also, if it were assumed they would always be placed on a bookshelf, you could make books with a spine on both ends so that they could be turned 180 for a different appearance. (They'd look a little weird if not placed on a bookshelf, though)

Vampiro

Volunteer Moderator
Perhaps flexicolors to give them some variation, and a couple different versions with different book sizes/shapes on each?

Also, if it were assumed they would always be placed on a bookshelf, you could make books with a spine on both ends so that they could be turned 180 for a different appearance. (They'd look a little weird if not placed on a bookshelf, though)

Im definatly planning to do different versions :D I already have a few things in mind :D
At the moment i aim to do like 6 ish books as i feel like thats a good balance between variation and overkill [wink]

And i will definatly look into flexicolor as well to make it have even more variation. So many idea's ... So little time :p

Im definatly planning to do different versions :D I already have a few things in mind :D
At the moment i aim to do like 6 ish books as i feel like thats a good balance between variation and overkill [wink]

And i will definatly look into flexicolor as well to make it have even more variation. So many idea's ... So little time :p

Sorry, I meant that in regards to a row of books on a bookshelf. Though flexicolor on the books themselves would be awesome too!

A good way to make fast textures for assets is, Use your original book, mount 5 of them together in your 3d program. go in to front view (if applicable,so you can see the spines,IE name of book) render screen. use that screenshot and then create a cube of the accumilated size (5 books, 5 x width) and apply the new texture. a easy way and effective way to make bulk assets.

Hope this helps.

Vampiro

Volunteer Moderator
Little update again :)

So far i have 4 books, i think i will do 1 or 2 more and then prepare to release (And move on to the next project)

afvaHqn.jpg

Top Bottom