Planco Presents the Fabulous Frontier Funfair!

Paul_Crowther

Community Manager
Frontier
PC_vintage_social_comp_HD.jpg

We've got the posters, we've got the admission tickets, we've got the grounds... but where is the park? In all our excitement to create the most amazing fairground show ever, we've purchased our land but forgot to build our actual amusement... would you give us a hand?

Starts: Wednesday, July 11 2018 - 15:00 BST

Ends: Wednesday, August 8 2018 - 16:00 BST

Top 10 Announcement and Showcase: during the weekly YouTube livestream on Wednesday August 15 2018 - 19:00 BST.

PRIZE: The entire top 10 will be showcased in the August 15 livestream and will receive a special Vintage Pack signed poster.

Here's what to do:

Create a stunning fairground park using the brand new Vintage Pack! Use the new rides and coasters as you please and decorate generously with all the awesome in-game assets. Upload your park file to our Steam Workshop and email the link to community@frontier.co.uk with the subject line "Fabulous Frontier Funfair". Be creative, be retro, and have loads of fun!

Rules:

• Your park can be of any size (you can limit your space by using foliage or changing it to a Scenario).
  • You must use at least 1 Vintage coaster, 1 Vintage ride, and Vintage assets.
  • You can only submit one park file per person.
  • Your park should be original and cannot feature any copyrighted materials.
  • Your park will only be considered if you've submitted the Workshop link to community@frontier.co.uk.

Enjoy!

Terms and Conditions:

• You only officially enter the competition when you have submitted your blueprint to community@frontier.co.uk with the subject line: Fabulous Frontier Funfair.
  • Submissions have to follow the rules as set out above.
  • All entries must be submitted by Wednesday, August 8 2018 at 16:00 BST.
  • Frontier have the right to remove any entry at their sole discretion.
  • Objectionable or offensive content will be disqualified.
  • The competition will be judged by an independent panel of Frontier staff and the top 10 will be chosen based on creativity, fun, and originality.
  • The winners will be contacted by the Frontier Community Team via email.
  • The winners have 7 days to respond and claim the prize; if no response has been received after 7 days, you forfeit your prize.
  • Frontier employees are excluded from participating in the event.
  • Frontier reserve the right to exchange any prize for a prize of similar value.
  • Frontier have the final say on the winner and prizes of the event.

Last edited by a moderator:
I also want to use my own pictures (my own copyright) for the billboards for my park. My fair would only have the desired effect with my billboards.

Can you make sure that you also download external data such as graphics and possibly sounds (via Link in the Workshop Description and hint in the Email). Or are parks with external graphics and sounds excluded from the competition?

Bo Marit

Lead Community Manager
Frontier
I also want to use my own pictures (my own copyright) for the billboards for my park. My fair would only have the desired effect with my billboards.

Can you make sure that you also download external data such as graphics and possibly sounds (via Link in the Workshop Description and hint in the Email). Or are parks with external graphics and sounds excluded from the competition?

Not excluded, but if there's too much going on we won't be able to show it off with all the external content :) so moderate, I'd say!

If that is too much work for you, that's okay for me and I'm out .

Maybe you could consider to make the Livestream one week AFTER the deadline. Then you have enough time to download the parks with all the external content, record them as a video and show us the videos instead of loading each park during the livestream, which cost also a lot of streaming time. Something you can think over.

PRIZE: The entire top 10 will be showcased in the August 15 livestream and will receive a special Vintage Pack signed poster.

WOW, I see they pulled out all the stops for that prize.
Posters are cheap and the stream will likely make them some money.

It's a nice gesture, but I will pass thanks.

WingardiumLevicoaster

Volunteer Moderator

WOW, I see they pulled out all the stops for that prize.
Posters are cheap and the stream will likely make them some money.

It's a nice gesture, but I will pass thanks.

I won a signed poster in the past and it has pride of place on my living room wall. [heart]

Found some inspiration, hopefully i'll make the deadline :). Not sure it;s really a fairground though, it kinda of is and it kinda of isn't, (it's probably more of a traveling theme park) but you will understand when you see it :p.

Hello :)

My entry is sent :) Let's see if you like it :)

So excited to see what the others come up with :) Especially can't wait to see Coastercad's work :)

I haven't received mine yet either, however I'm able to track any packages that come to my house and I've been notified that an international package is coming. I haven't ordered anything recently online so I'm guessing that's it.

Regular a package fromt the UK to germany needs a week. But it's three weeks almost and i did not recive it. Im so sorry but i can't wait[big grin][wacky]

I still waiting for mine either. But maybe it was sent later than we expected.
Can someone tell us when they were sent? :)

Thanks ! :)

Bo Marit

Lead Community Manager
Frontier
Hi everyone,

Apologies for the delay!! Unfortunately the packages got stuck with our outgoing post - they've now been re-prioritized and will be sent to you ASAP!!

[heart]
Bo

Top Bottom