With Planet Zoo announced and releasing this year, makes me wonder if their next game could a City Tycoon like Sim City and be called Planet City or called something similar. If this was the case then maybe a 2021-2022 release date on the cards. after this game they could focus on making a sequel on Planet Coaster.

Planet Forum

You get to run a Video game forum

Planet Forum

You get to run a Video game forum
Features include proceduraly generated comments
PVP

Ooohhhhh!
Now this is an idea!

A good rival for city Skylines.

The big selling point of the game, could be the ability to actually VISIT the city you build form an FPS point of view as the mayor.

Take the public transport, the subway, visit the airport, go at the pubs, visit every home, drive around. Planet coaster showed that it was possible. And that would be EPIC!

Ooohhhhh!
Now this is an idea!

A good rival for city Skylines.

The big selling point of the game, could be the ability to actually VISIT the city you build form an FPS point of view as the mayor.

Take the public transport, the subway, visit the airport, go at the pubs, visit every home, drive around. Planet coaster showed that it was possible. And that would be EPIC!

A bigger idea is to have it in Elite dangerous where you can deliver materials and paasengers

What about Planet University.

Procedurally generated courses

What about Planet Reality .... where you turn the PC off and go outside and complete missions like do the shopping so we can eat pizza and .... wait, is that too realistic?

When the 2020 updates comes.

This would make a lot of sense. Chris Sawyer (he of Transportation Tycoon fame) is (I believe) a good friend of Frontier's, so his legacy IP might be available.

As an aside, OpenTTD is a very good freeware reimagining of Transportation Tycoon Deluxe.

This would make a lot of sense. Chris Sawyer (he of Transportation Tycoon fame) is (I believe) a good friend of Frontier's, so his legacy IP might be available.

As an aside, OpenTTD is a very good freeware reimagining of Transportation Tycoon Deluxe.

Also a major shareholder.

I was looking at a game the other, it's small little planets neat looking and stuff. I was think if they make another planet game, it could be done on a small planet like that. So you could use Planets for each of the missions they set you on.

Planet - city.
Imagine if they use their planet rendering technologies from elite to render whole planet.
Then they can set different challenges,

building a city on a titan like moon
building a floating city for a gas giant
city inside a asteroid to keep all those miners happy.
A city on a planet with very little land
Underwater cities
cities for farming communities
or cities on world surrounded by predators and almost sentient life forms which you must protect, whilst keeping your population alive

An to those who moan about RNG, honestly manage is about dealing with random problems that prop up from employees to suppliers to demands from upper management to customers and trying navigate the random they throw at you.

An to those who moan about RNG, honestly manage is about dealing with random problems that prop up from employees to suppliers to demands from upper management to customers and trying navigate the random poopoo they throw at you.

I moan about RNG but not in the way you think. The things you mention about the real world are not random, everything in the real world happens for a reason (even the weather). I do accept that you cannot recreate this in the limited space of any computer and RNG is a viable alternative. It is more to do with how you disguise RNG than it's actual use, seeing a wheel go round is a bit obvious in a space game TBH.

After all, hyperspace travel is just a loading screen but it is quite immersive and well disguised, just apply the same principles to GRN.

Top Bottom