Planet Coaster - 1.0.3 Update

Zac Antonaci

Head of Communications
Frontier
Hey everyone!

Just a quick post to let you know that we have a small update going live shortly. The ever vigilant Planet Coaster dev team have continued to review your bug reports and this update aims at to address some of those reports made. The update is expected to go live at 10:30 GMT today.

Don’t forget the team are busy working on our Winter Update which will be making its way to players on 15 December. The Winter Updateis a free content update which will include the community voted flat ride and a number of other sweet festive treats! :)

Thanks!

Last edited:
No patch notes available? I'm hoping the queue-bug is in the past after this update? And people actually buying stuff at Street Fox Coffee and Just a Momento.

But let's not forget: THANK YOU GUYS for another update! [yesnod]

Hey everyone!

Just a quick post to let you know that we have a small update going live shortly. The ever vigilant Planet Coaster dev team have continued to review your bug reports and this update aims at to address some of those reports made. The update is expected to go live at 10:30 GMT today.

Don’t forget the team are busy working on our Winter Update which will be making its way to players on 15 December. The Winter Updateis a free content update which will include the community voted flat ride and a number of other sweet festive treats! :)

Thanks!

This is great news, thanks again to everyone at FD for your hard work! However, I really hope that we get something resembling notes as to what you've fixed. There's a good few niggles that i'm waiting to be fixed before I continue playing my main park.

I know you guys don't do patch notes, but some detail of any kind would be nice. Especially given that there are pages and pages of significant bugs - we need to know which ones are fixed!

Hey everyone!

Thanks!

Spacebar 1 has still not been repaired.

��������������

Thanks Zac and Frontier!!! Looking forward to this and the holiday update!

Hey everyone!

The ever vigilant Planet Coaster dev team have continued to review your bug reports and this update aims at to address some of those reports made.

:)

This is just as bad as a customer coming to you and saying "EVERYTHING IS BROKEN!!" without listing anything.

"Don't worry folks!! We fixed stuff! Look forward to two weeks from now!" C'mon man.. this is just bad.

It's so frustrating Curly! It would actually benefit Frontier to include what they've fixed. At least give us a chance to rejoice your work! Some people are waiting for specific fixes before they even RETURN to the game!!

Stealthy updates work in the opposite way and just frustrates people.

I have given up expecting any detail tbh Wablamo, it just doesn't happen with Frontier & PC.

Frontier has already stated they decided early in the development process that detailed change notes for minor fixes won't be a thing like they ate in Elite Dangerous they will outline significant or major changes only

Frontier has already stated they decided early in the development process that detailed change notes for minor fixes won't be a thing like they ate in Elite Dangerous they will outline significant or major changes only

Constant crashing is a major issue to me, and a proper fix for it would be a major change as you'll be able to play the game for more than maybe an hour or so before it crashes.

I find it annoying when I see patch notes listing off a bunch of things I dont understand or see no reason to care about, so not detailing everything is fine. But if there isnt one thing worth noting in this update, then why even bother? Maybe they will tell us something soon or its a surprise and we have to wait and see?

Last edited:

Yep, however in the last few updates, they at least made a few bullet points to let us know some the things they done. That was handy.

Even if it just states, fixed crash on 'X' or bug where 'Y' happens should no longer. Means we can see that and check and report back again if needed.

This is just as bad as a customer coming to you and saying "EVERYTHING IS BROKEN!!" without listing anything.

"Don't worry folks!! We fixed stuff! Look forward to two weeks from now!" C'mon man.. this is just bad.

This is the most perfect statement I have ever read. 100% totally agree and feel the same.

This is the most perfect statement I have ever read. 100% totally agree and feel the same.

Withholding patch details and etc as many here are calling-out, makes the player-base worry that many of the so-called "issues" being reported are not actually issues at all; and are being labeled "working as intended". Knowing where bugs have been squashed also helps players to more accurately know what bugs to keep an eye out for in the future -- for future report(s) -- and what stuff they should just move on from and stop considering a bug because it isn't changing.

Thanks again for the great game and great work; however, much more interested in the game updates and patch notes than the "extra content" update on the 15th. I feel the marketing for that needs to be done outside of base-bug/etc-fixes for the main game itself that has not been in full release for 3 weeks yet.

Regardless, a great game none the less.

Last edited:
Constant crashing is a major issue to me, and a proper fix for it would be a major change as you'll be able to play the game for more than maybe an hour or so before it crashes.

But how would you know that the crash you're experiencing has been fixed? The only two ways would be: 1) if your crash is repeatable, and the patch note documented this (e.g. "fixed crash when opening the flibble widget"); or 2) it referenced your crash by name (e.g. "fixed Titania's annoying crash"). The majority of the bugfixes that are going on would be incomprehensible outside of the development team.

Now, I'm not saying that a patch note that says "fixed some stuff" is something I'm particularly happy with. At the very least a high level overview (do these fix crashes? graphical issues? gameplay?) would be helpful. But I understand the point-of-view that a detailed patch log (as per what Frontier do with Elite) is time-consuming and ultimately doesn't really benefit anyone. I'm sure there's a happy medium somewhere.

About as magical as an update in an app store for mobile devices: "Bug fixes and performance improvements." [big grin]

Top Bottom