Planet Coaster 2: Speculation and Rumors

What do you guys think about the Disney rumor?
Keep the mouse out of my parks! All creative decisions would be run/over-run by the mouse-house. It would be a shame if a mostly independent (?) company like Frontier would get under the control of such a behemoth that Disney has become. EVERYTHING is Disney now. Yes, I know that they´re in cahoots with Universal. But those joint efforts have brought nothing of value to the game (imo!).
Who would want everything to be the same? Every figure and form triggering an endless stream of planted and branded memories.
It was such a great ideo to have those made-up food and drink brands in PlanCo. Well, not anymore, when Disney tells you what to eat, drink and consume.

Well, Planet Zoo is for me in some parts an "upgrade" of Zoo Tycoon, which was done by Frontier for Microsoft years ago. Next PlanCo could also be a kind of "upgrade" of their Disneyland Game, which Frontier also has created for Microsoft. They have the basic models for both games, they need "only" to tweak them a little and make them compatible for a Planet-Game. Apart from that Disney is not longer just the company with the Mouse and her friends. Meanwhile Marvel and the Star Wars universe are also part of Disney. So there's a lot of potential in a deal with Disney.

I hope Planet Coaster as a game will be rather independent. Not everyone is into that monster of a company (my opinion).
There are many other licenses which are interesting. And Disney does yet not own everything. There still is Warner, Sony, Universal which have nice things in their portfolio.

Vampiro

Volunteer Moderator
My main suggestion for a possible PlanCo 2 is... please port over everything (Or at least for whatever is possible) we have right now.

PlanCo has been growing for the past 2 years and i would be a bit saddened if we would go back to square 1 when we get PlanCo 2.

I would love if it was done in a RCT1 to RCT2 way where RCT2 basically had everything RCT1 already had but better. So for PlanCo 2 some stuff under the hood could be upgraded to allow more things (better fencing tool, better triggered events mixmaster, etc etc). Basically improve the under the hood stuff, add some more content but please don't get rid of too much stuff we have been getting over the last 2 years :)

My suggestion would be:
  1. Port over anything possible(like vampiro suggested)
  2. Better graphics,including pitch black darkness inside buildings, water physics or atleast the ability to light it up,together with effects
  3. Tranfer Tracks and Switchtracks and Elevator/Drop Tracks(as customisible as possible) to create unique coaster/darkride experiences
  4. New Complex Darkride Types(the ones we already have improved, +omnimover,jeep and others)
  5. Simulator Rides and 4D Cinemas(Star Tours,Millanium Falcon Smugglers Run)
  6. Parades
  7. Advancements to the Display Sequencer(Timeline,Grouping)
  8. Tick Box for Block Brakes to completely stop coasters for a few seconds(like in rct3, i know that's very niche:giggle:)
  9. More cool lightning options
  10. Round Stations and omnimover like systems for the rides that normally operate this way in their stations(River Rapids,Doombuggy/Omnimover,Peoplemover,Robotic Arm,Boat Ride(sometimes))
For the rest we will see what exciting stuff they might still have in store;)

Keep the mouse out of my parks! All creative decisions would be run/over-run by the mouse-house. It would be a shame if a mostly independent (?) company like Frontier would get under the control of such a behemoth that Disney has become. EVERYTHING is Disney now. Yes, I know that they´re in cahoots with Universal. But those joint efforts have brought nothing of value to the game (imo!).
Who would want everything to be the same? Every figure and form triggering an endless stream of planted and branded memories.
It was such a great ideo to have those made-up food and drink brands in PlanCo. Well, not anymore, when Disney tells you what to eat, drink and consume.

I agree no Disney. I mean I'd love haunted mansion stuff but I doubt it would stop there and not worth the risk.

I would really love it if they would create FULL and COMPLETE sets of things. In PC1 we have one type of wall that has pieces not available in another style. Some roofs have more versions than others. Some things are recolorable, while other similar things are not (and more things like foliage should be...). There are pieces that are missing completely (like half-width walls) even though they've been requested repeatedly. I'd like to see more organization to make finding pieces easier. I'd like to see a little more thought to some design choices (the flags in game are a prime example with their horizontal arm. And more choices like the ability to add more textures for paths, and more billboards, and fonts types for signs.

I think that PC was a learning experience for the design team, and I fully believe that they learned a lot that will be translated into what PC2 will bring.

I guess we will have to wait and see what Planet Coaster 2 will have in it if the rumors are true. I’m ok having Disney stuff part of the game but don’t have the game based off of it. I would like for Planet Coaster 2 to be a water park game.

Last edited:
My main suggestion for a possible PlanCo 2 is... please port over everything (Or at least for whatever is possible) we have right now.

PlanCo has been growing for the past 2 years and i would be a bit saddened if we would go back to square 1 when we get PlanCo 2.

I would love if it was done in a RCT1 to RCT2 way where RCT2 basically had everything RCT1 already had but better. So for PlanCo 2 some stuff under the hood could be upgraded to allow more things (better fencing tool, better triggered events mixmaster, etc etc). Basically improve the under the hood stuff, add some more content but please don't get rid of too much stuff we have been getting over the last 2 years :)

I totally agree. Also if they can it would make sense as they already have the assets and just need to rekajigger them for the, oh I hope, new engine.

I guess we will have to wait and see what Planet Coaster 2 will have in it if the rumors are true. I’m ok having Disney stuff apart of the game but don’t have the game based off of it. I would like for Planet Coaster 2 to be a water park game.

What's the point in calling a game Planet COASTER when it will be a water park game?

water parks are stupid if you ask me. I really don't see the joy in building slides & pools.

I guess we will have to wait and see what Planet Coaster 2 will have in it if the rumors are true. I’m ok having Disney stuff apart of the game but don’t have the game based off of it. I would like for Planet Coaster 2 to be a water park game.
There is already a Bunch of Disney Stuff on the TMT Workshop, and looking good too. So i think for those who want Disney Branded stuff it is there for the taking.

On the other Hand, people don't seem to realize that we already have a few Attractions that came from Disney Parks. Well Ride Systems rather. So if that is continued i am fine with it, because they are awesomely multipurpose :D

I agree about Disney. It is so easy to let them to take over the whole control and go over with the figurative steamroller over decisions and we do not want that.

Unless they really can strike a deal with a small update package. But with the ego of Disney I do not think they would settle for something "small".

Plus we already have our own "Disney" brand: The Planet Coaster!

I think a lot of my own personal suggestions are included in posts above - some of you have some fantastic suggestions! Assuming that PC2 would be a "Pc1 plus these things" like RCT2 as to RCT1, there are a few extras and highlights that I'd love to see - that I understand we would never see in PC1, but may to with PC2:

• Weather - a highlight for me. This would have made PC1 complete for me. It "should" also affect guest behaviour such as buying certain food and drink or selecting / avoiding certain ride types depending on the weather
  • Open / Closed seasons - You have to balance profit while open with costs of a closed season and the ability to have open all-year "second gates" such as aquariums and museums. Your rides will require annual maintenance and if you CHOOSE to have your park open all year (the current, continuous play style of today) then your rides require a period of down-time to inspect / refit etc.
  • Stock management, working backstage areas and maintenance houses / areas for rides.
  • The usual "more shops variety"
  • Click & drag fences - or the ability to snap a fence to path sections (think along the lines of custom fencing for queues)
  • Actual midway games or at least more variety of machine based games
  • Blueprint mode - build a new ride, attraction or area in a blueprint then watch it construct in game-time - ready for a grand opening (or, of course have an over-riding "build it now" option for those who don't want this)
  • Fluctuating guest numbers for a peak / off-peak cycle - Increase the length of time it takes for time to pass and have guest numbers increase and decrease depending on the time of the year, then have special events that may increase popularity when the park is quiet or celebrate the end of season etc.
  • Guests have to queue to purchase a ticket before entering the park (have the ability for "online sales" to reduce strain on the ticket booths)
  • Guests who run out of cash may consider using credit cards rather than ATM / cash

Then there are some "missing features" too (will leave out the "missing rides" bit for another time):
  • Dual loading stations. If not dual loading at least allow simultaneous entry / exit to speed up the loading process...
  • The obvious altering height of tower rides
  • Staff don't quit if you close your park - they head to a staff building to hang out until you re-open
  • On-Ride photos
  • Park maps and publishable / recognisable queue times (guests don't bother heading to a ride that they know has a longer queue time than they are prepared to wait for)
  • Annual pass sales and single shot fast-passes (makes more use of the Info kiosk when you are not generating new guests)
  • Ability to advertise certain rides or attractions to increase the prestige temporarily
  • Experience lead attractions such as mad-houses, walk-throughs, mazes, museums, aquariums, exhibits, VR lead dark rides etc
  • Working level crossings that stop guests (essentially a triggerable guest barrier)
  • Double tile, 3 vendor shops for increased shop capacity
  • Temporary events that increase visitors - such as New Year, Halloween etc

I think a lot of my own personal suggestions are included in posts above - some of you have some fantastic suggestions! Assuming that PC2 would be a "Pc1 plus these things" like RCT2 as to RCT1, there are a few extras and highlights that I'd love to see - that I understand we would never see in PC1, but may to with PC2:

• Weather - a highlight for me. This would have made PC1 complete for me. It "should" also affect guest behaviour such as buying certain food and drink or selecting / avoiding certain ride types depending on the weather
  • Open / Closed seasons - You have to balance profit while open with costs of a closed season and the ability to have open all-year "second gates" such as aquariums and museums. Your rides will require annual maintenance and if you CHOOSE to have your park open all year (the current, continuous play style of today) then your rides require a period of down-time to inspect / refit etc.
  • Stock management, working backstage areas and maintenance houses / areas for rides.
  • The usual "more shops variety"
  • Click & drag fences - or the ability to snap a fence to path sections (think along the lines of custom fencing for queues)
  • Actual midway games or at least more variety of machine based games
  • Blueprint mode - build a new ride, attraction or area in a blueprint then watch it construct in game-time - ready for a grand opening (or, of course have an over-riding "build it now" option for those who don't want this)
  • Fluctuating guest numbers for a peak / off-peak cycle - Increase the length of time it takes for time to pass and have guest numbers increase and decrease depending on the time of the year, then have special events that may increase popularity when the park is quiet or celebrate the end of season etc.
  • Guests have to queue to purchase a ticket before entering the park (have the ability for "online sales" to reduce strain on the ticket booths)
  • Guests who run out of cash may consider using credit cards rather than ATM / cash
Then there are some "missing features" too (will leave out the "missing rides" bit for another time):
  • Dual loading stations. If not dual loading at least allow simultaneous entry / exit to speed up the loading process...
  • The obvious altering height of tower rides
  • Staff don't quit if you close your park - they head to a staff building to hang out until you re-open
  • On-Ride photos
  • Park maps and publishable / recognisable queue times (guests don't bother heading to a ride that they know has a longer queue time than they are prepared to wait for)
  • Annual pass sales and single shot fast-passes (makes more use of the Info kiosk when you are not generating new guests)
  • Ability to advertise certain rides or attractions to increase the prestige temporarily
  • Experience lead attractions such as mad-houses, walk-throughs, mazes, museums, aquariums, exhibits, VR lead dark rides etc
  • Working level crossings that stop guests (essentially a triggerable guest barrier)
  • Double tile, 3 vendor shops for increased shop capacity
  • Temporary events that increase visitors - such as New Year, Halloween etc
All of these things would make for a great Planet Coaster 2. Most of these things mentioned above make the game feel more like a actual amusement park.

All of these things would make for a great Planet Coaster 2. Most of these things mentioned above make the game feel more like a actual amusement park
I think for me, this is what is missing from PC1. It's a beautiful game with exceptionally well crafted assets you can use to make realistic and beautiful parks - but it misses something "real" about them. Parks don't "breathe", they don't feel very dynamic or fluid. You just build, open and guests come - rinse and repeat until your CPU can't take any more and start a new park. Selfishly speaking, I need a reason to continue to play a park: Make it easier to redevlop areas where you're not losing a weeks worth of work by deleting a ride... or have variation and challenges beyond "build a ride of a certain quality"... Thinking more along the lines of "plan for your next closed season based on poor attendance this season" or "your operations were poor this year, this will affect you next year" instead.

I think for me, this is what is missing from PC1. It's a beautiful game with exceptionally well crafted assets you can use to make realistic and beautiful parks - but it misses something "real" about them. Parks don't "breathe", they don't feel very dynamic or fluid. You just build, open and guests come - rinse and repeat until your CPU can't take any more and start a new park. Selfishly speaking, I need a reason to continue to play a park: Make it easier to redevlop areas where you're not losing a weeks worth of work by deleting a ride... or have variation and challenges beyond "build a ride of a certain quality"... Thinking more along the lines of "plan for your next closed season based on poor attendance this season" or "your operations were poor this year, this will affect you next year" instead.
What would it make more alive and fluid in your opinion?

What would it make more alive and fluid in your opinion?
Honestly? A seasonal ebb and flow (varying levels of attendance throughout a year), open and closed seasons, dynamic guest behaviour based on weather, yearly note-worthy events beyond a fireworks show and more obvious influx of guests for a new ride launch.

I hasten to edit in though - given the CURRENT game mechanics, the best we can achieve would be the last point.. Which isn't even worth making the change for...

Last edited:
I would really love it if they would create FULL and COMPLETE sets of things. In PC1 we have one type of wall that has pieces not available in another style. Some roofs have more versions than others. Some things are recolorable, while other similar things are not (and more things like foliage should be...). There are pieces that are missing completely (like half-width walls) even though they've been requested repeatedly. I'd like to see more organization to make finding pieces easier. I'd like to see a little more thought to some design choices (the flags in game are a prime example with their horizontal arm. And more choices like the ability to add more textures for paths, and more billboards, and fonts types for signs.

I think that PC was a learning experience for the design team, and I fully believe that they learned a lot that will be translated into what PC2 will bring.

Yeah not having the curved, octagonal, roofs, etc. in everything is crazy making. Why are some castle roofs on tile and other castle pieces another? ARGH!!!

Top Bottom