Planet Coaster 2: Speculation and Rumors

Yeah not having the curved, octagonal, roofs, etc. in everything is crazy making. Why are some castle roofs on tile and other castle pieces another? ARGH!!!
I forgot that this was an issue. Was going mental at this in the beginning. Incredible how this was never addressed. Every style should have every available building piece/shape.

Hrrmm....this thread is a bit confusing. I'm just becoming interested in Planet Coaster. Is there a general consensus that a new version is due out / in the works?

Hrrmm....this thread is a bit confusing. I'm just becoming interested in Planet Coaster. Is there a general consensus that a new version is due out / in the works?

There was a leaked document claiming to be a Frontier 5 year plan that seems to be (up to this point) pretty accurate as it had Planet Zoo and the (at the time, much rubbished and scoffed at as "obviously fake") Ghostbusters DLC for Planco. In among that document were plans for Planet Coaster 2 "within 3 years" and was already "well in the works". So, while there is absolutely NO news or official word from Frontier themselves, it seems that the document, up to this point, is credible enough to draw certain conclusions.

Joël

Volunteer Moderator
My personal guess is that Frontier won't do a Planet Coaster 2 as long as they are actively learning from their newer games.

Frontier has learned a lot of Planet Coaster, with its amazing possibilities and endless creativity. There are some limitations in the game as it stands right now, mainly due to technical reasons (coding), and I'm sure that Frontier will use what they've learned to make improvements for future games, in order to eliminate or (partially) resolve these limitations.

I personally think that we're going to see some of these improvements in the upcoming game Planet Zoo. Maybe improved water? Maybe improved terrain, paths, and/or a handy fence tool?

To get back to the point, I personally think that Planet Coaster 2 will certainly be an option for Frontier for the future, but not until they have learned more from upcoming games (after release) such as Planet Zoo. :)

For Planet Coaster 2, I think that Ferris Wheels and similar styled rides need to load/unload their passengers from the cabins on the bottom rather than from every cabin like in the first game. This is to make these rides behave more realistically. More ride breakdowns (such as the restraints on a ride getting stuck or the controls failing) should also be included.

Really great ideas in the posts above!

What I would like to see:

Instead of watching PC video streams, I boot up the game, attach to a server, and I'm first person with my avatar along with hundreds of you folks, watching Chante & friends in their park. A massively multiplayer PC - play similar to the current version for the park owner, but the rest of us are guests, free to move about as we wish (and there had better be priority passes!). VR would be awesome for this.

Another multiplayer notion: Multiplayer scenarios - two or more tycoons competing against each other - starting with limited cash, each player purchases land, issues stock or bonds to raise additional capital for expansion, and ultimately puts the other tycoons out of business in various underhanded ways.

Remove tedium where possible. Adjusting shop extras (do I want to give guests, "some" or "a lot"?) is not a brilliant gaming idea. At least make settings persistent, so that whatever settings and prices used in the past become the default for the next park. That goes for flat ride animations too.

Allow for 3 years. Judging from the rumor to the finished of PlanCo. If it is true that is. It is after all speculations. It could also be some entirely another game.
3 years for the next Planetcoaster. Ok...I guess if I look at frontier's other title - Elite, it seems like the plans for that are to build on the base that's there and release expansions. Not sure how it works on coaster. But I would hate to start again without all the add ons I've bought.

3 years for the next Planetcoaster. Ok...I guess if I look at frontier's other title - Elite, it seems like the plans for that are to build on the base that's there and release expansions. Not sure how it works on coaster. But I would hate to start again without all the add ons I've bought.
Yes I feel the same way. Frontier should just keep improving the base game and instead of releasing another game. So much more can be added to Planet Coaster. Maybe they can figure out how to add weather into Planet Coaster just like they are doing for Planet Zoo.

Last edited:
They could still do that, but then I suspect the updates would be like small packs and things that are "easy" to add, without too much developer time on basegame, and I think they would do that, to finance the developing time. For those small packs they mostly hire/use small units of people.

On Theme Park, there was an amazing feature which hasn't been used in any other park simulation games: the hability to have multiple parks running simultaneously. This could definitely be incorporated on Placo2. It would be really cool to research aspects and traits of the guests from an especific region (for example, european guests could be more willing to go on thrill rides whereas north americans tend to prefer dark rides). There is an great simulation aspect on it, with financial reports showing which branch is profitable and which one is not. Plus, it would incorporate the "Planet" aspect into "Planet Coaster". Moreover, it would be really cool to be able to build multiple parks in the same lot.
Also, I would love to see multiple versions of theming (including a neutral one) to each flat ride and a better and more sustainable economy system to allow us to profit with parks charging only at the entrance (maybe the guests could automaticaly repay the entrance fee mothly).

Yes I feel the same way. Frontier should just keep improving the base game and instead of releasing another game. So much more can be added to Planet Coaster. Maybe they can figure out how to add weather into Planet Coaster just like they are doing for Planet Zoo.
the problem with planet coaster is that they cant improve the base game since it has become unplayable already if you start adding more stuff to it. More things getting added will only make it even more slow.

Unless they overhaul the engine (make it dx12 compatible so we can finally make use of our modern hardware) there isn't much that can be done in order to improve it. Well maybe allow for mod support that the gameplay can improve, but that too isn't of much use when the game starts to lag once you build a small, realistic park.

i'd like to see a more realistic ride construction where crews and equipment come into your park and build up the rides and shops. i'd also like to see any dlc i have bought with pc1 pz1 cross over to pc2 and any dlc i buy on pc2 cross back over to those games as well.

Last edited:
Top Bottom