Planet Coaster 2: Speculation and Rumors

Some general suff I'd like to have in PC2.
- More track ride special pieces. Things like bumps for cars, boulders fir rafts
to bounce against. etc...
- Customizable stores. (Sell whatever what you want option)
More to come., but basically bring back more attributes from RCT3.

These are the features I would love to see in Planet Coaster 2:
Water parks
Weather
Car parks
More guest options (pre-teen, young adult)
Entrance turnstiles
Actual hotels and restaurants (this should also apply to bathrooms)
More realistic loading for rides such as Star Wheel
Multi-park resorts
Immersion stat for guests
Shop stock system

I really hope that sometime PlanCo and PlanZoo will be merged. That would be an absolutely amazing game. Imagine: a fantastic PlanCo2 with the brilliant grafic quality of PlanZoo (incl. weather), a more intuitive menu navigation and a better and more complex business simulator and some more tricky challenges. For this I would buy a new gaming PC with even better performance.;)

I would love to get:
-Midway games
-Arcade games
-Shooting Gallery
-Shows (customizable shows with actors)
-Walkthroug rides (specially horror mazes. Fun houses and mirror mazes would be cool too)
-Characters meet & greet
-Customizable park characters
-Parades (with customizable floats)
-The hability to "glue" scenery to rides for fully theme them. (For example if I "glue" a statue on the top of a merry go round, the statue becamos part of the ride and spin with it).
-Facilities like water, gas and electricity
-More variety in staff building, like camerinos for actors to get ready and rest between shows.
-To make working restaurant interiors, not a magic box like now, like in games as the sims, Chef, or Restaurant Tycoon
-a backstage system for workers, like in Planet Zoo, with staff rest areas and staff dinning rooms.
-All the staff rooms, medical centre, etc customizable, like rooms in Two Point Hospital.
-Customizable motion simulators, where you can place the screen, the type of motion device, etc.
-Stages and theatres.
-Customizable shops, not only stalls like now. Also a generic counter like in RCT that you could use to make any type of shop or restaurant.
-Food self service lines
-Vending karts and food trucks
-special seasons (like halloween for example)
-Priority pass queues separated from the main one, as a independent queu, not like now that starts in the main queue and ends on it again.
-Fully interaction with games and rides like in Thrillville (be able to guide the bumper karts, like the race karts in current game).
-More little props, like they did with Planet Zoo scenery.
-To be able to build water rides directly on masses of water
-on-ride photos and on-ride videos, that guests can purchase later if they want to
-Water effects that really wet guests, like water jets in RCT3
-Human dryers for water rides
-Selling waterproof ponchos for water rides
-Lockers
-merchandising objects to sell on stores related to the rides, like coaster models, ride posters, ride caps, ride t-shirts, etc.
-weather features
-Transfer tracks

Last edited:
Not only are there rumors, it's pretty much confirmed at this point seeing as a roadmap for Frontier that included PC2 leaked a couple of months ago which accurately predicted both Planet Zoo and the Ghostbusters DLC. Things can definitely change of course, but it's looking very likely that PC2 is coming within the next couple of years.

Personally I'd like a more streamlined way to build. Easier pathing system, click and drag options for walls, fences, roofs, etc. An easy way to change textures (and upload your own) without having to delete and replace objects. More variety of flora, meaning that each tree you plop down of a specific kind changes slightly each time.

Perhaps the option for a "novice" coaster/tracked ride builder for less advanced users that resembles RCT3s builder more (just as an option, not as the sole way to build a coaster). Definitely overall a more refined builder than the one we have now, and of course smoother coasters overall.

Building pieces that guests interact with, i.e. if you place a wall on a path they'll walk around it instead of through it. (Processing heavy I know, but it would be nice). Also, taking a page out of Parkitect's book, having to hide your backstage areas with scenery to make guests happy would be awesome.

More challenging management aspects, including backstage stuff, the option for more micromanaging in terms of purchasing goods, managing warehouses, potential animal welfare, ride maintenance, staff welfare, crowd control, special events (Halloween, Christmas), concerts, parades, etc.

Functional interiors, especially for restaurants and hotels instead of the hole in a box like it is now. This could be easily solved by having just a staff member alone act as their own store with the ability for us to choose exactly what they'll sell or what service they provide.

Dynamic water and an easier way to place water, even if they give us the option of a placeable water "object" in addition to a terrain editing option.

Better in game tutorials and scenarios that organically build people's skills up to play the game at a more advanced level. Videos alone aren't going to cut it for novice players, you need to set goals for people to reach in order for them to improve their skills using the different functions. Better scenarios overall too, more varied, more challenging, more interesting goals.

Overall performance improvements.

Those are all things I could think of off the top of my head.
"Also, taking a page out of Parkitect's book, having to hide your backstage areas with scenery to make guests happy would be awesome."
I know this is a feature in Planet Zoo so I think we can feasibly expect this to be carried over into PC2, or at least I hope so :)

I wanted to see this to planet coaster 2 for the roller coaster.
1. Station can bend and tilt just like the Vekoma illusion and all other wooden coaster.
2. You can now create custom look for your station with a simple click and drag.
3. Custom fence and gates helps out a lot of creative concept.
4. You can customize your car with textures or theme maker tool kit.
5. You can now Customize your track shape and sizes, and add more color options. (Total of 7 colors on B&M's track/5 on Triangle cross tracks/3 on the Triangle without the cross/3 on the 2 rail tracks/and 2 on the single rail track.)
6. Add the Premier rides' L.I.M. Coaster/Vekoma's MK 700/900/1200/1212/Next gen. coasters/Mack Rides' Extreme Spinning/Power splash/Super splash coaster/Intamin's pre fab. Wooden/next gen./Old gen. Coaster/Arrow/S&S steeple chase/S&S air launch coaster/old El loco/4 across seating/2 across seating coaster/Gerstlauer family launch/Next gen. Euro fighter/Old gen. Infinity coaster/
7. Have switch tracks to the game for double loading station/Drop Track/Elevator Track (Shot track)/Turn plate/Transport/Tilt tracks.
8. Have more option's to choose from, launch or chain lift for example.
I hope you like the prediction I gave you next up, Buildings thank you everyone.

1. smooth (!!!) coaster.
2. A proper support editor.
2. NO restrictions. Ever.
3. A more actual and modern, flexibel building system. Like Paralives for a very good example.
4. No texture limitations.
5. New path system.

Support editor and building system is like: draw, click and texture.

So finally here's my giant list of wishes and yes I know not everything is going to make it into the game.These are just suggestions ;)

GENERAL IMPROVEMENTS
-Better Water and Water Physics(if possible)
-More Terrain Painting Options(mainly more than nine paints per biome) and better/smoother terrain editing
-Path Improvements:
+Queue Plazas(an area/space of a queue with multiple rows close together) with the possibility to open ropes to shorten the path through the area if capacity is low
+Preshow Rooms where guests stand in a scaleable area with entrances and exits for all queue types (normal,priority and single rider) and look excited(able to set duration and 1 trigger when room is full,so you can link up a display sequencer to start the show)
+Give the Fastpass Line and maybe a Single Rider Line the ability to connect it to path and Station seperately without connecting it to normal queue +lmprovements to how you shape a path,maybe allow for rescaling of paths,after they have been placed or better connection options between paths -Overall Better Graphics and Weather (Planet Zoo is already looking a lot better and has Weather,so I'm sure Planco 2s graphics are gonna be great)
-Lighting Improvements: Higher Color Range,More Different Lights(especially themed variants for the pirate/fairytale/ western and space theme), Strobe Light Variants, DARKNESS INSIDE BUILDINGS or walls that create blackness(it's asking much I know,but for darkride building this is essential and it's always bugged me with these games,it works with terrain,so
why not try to do it for buildings)
-Coop Mode with 2 or if possible up to 4 players, Players only allowed to built if Park Owner allows it, The Allowance to Built can be retracted at any time, Online would be cool,with a small chat box on the side so that you can organise a discord with a player you don't know
-First Person Mode,maybe also online with other players if possible

COASTERS
-Mack Powered Coaster(generic and mine train variant)
-Mack Powered Suspended
Coaster(multiple themed versions)
-Intamin Blitz Coaster(themed and not themed)
-Intamin Aquatrax
-Vekoma Expedition Everest(Disney
Version and more Generic Version or more themed variants)
-Space Mountain/Matterhorn Bobsleds
-Mack Extreme Spinning Coaster(Time Traveller and Generic Variant)
-General Improvements to the Coaster
Builder(Heartline,Smoothness,...)
-Special Tracks Pieces that can be
Triggered(Switch Tracks,Drop Tracks/
Elevator Tracks,Transfer Tables)+Storage Tracks and ability to add and remove trains based on capacity with transfer table

TRANSPORT RIDES
-More Variants(especially Monorails)
-Ability for Shuttle Layouts(not full circle layous)
-Change Speed per Track Segment

TRACKED RIDES
-Submarines
-Race Cars
-4 Person Log Flumes(Splash Mountain)
-Track Switches,Turntables/
Elevators(mostly for the log flumes)
-Adjust Speed per Track Segment

DARKRIDES
-Boat Ride with ability for 360 degree turning and Wave like Drops(as seen in Disneyland Shanghai)
+improve already existing water rides drop speed and speed decrease(especially the Armada looses speed to quickly and doesn't built up enough speed on it's drop)
-Omnimovers/Doombuggys(a classic darkride, as seen in Disney's Haunted Mansion/Phantom Manor and
Europaparkls Geisterschloss)
+Shooting Variant(as seen in Buzz Lightyear at Disneyland/World or Abenteuer Atlantis at
Europapark)
-Multi Motion Jeep(as seen in Indiana Jones Temple of the Forbidden Eye at
Disneyland)
-Tower of Terror done better with multiple different Track Segments and loading and unloading stations instead of the current System
-Different Themed Variants for the already existing Types
-MASSIVE CHANGE FOR TRACKLESS DARKRIDES:
Visual Rooms(means only visible in Editing Mode,to allow for full Customization with
Building Pieces and Scenery) System with Entrances and Exits to place freely,Choose a Number of Cars and place their Stations
freely in the Station Room,Add Rooms, Create a line for every car trough the rooms from an entrance to an exit + place stop segments freely on the line and sync multiple stop segments of different cars to allow for synced leaving of the stop segments for all cars, Rotation on all axis can be changed by creating points on the line,Seperate unloading room possible,Triggers/Events have a seperate category like it is now with Rides,but can also be placed freely along the lines,Lines and Room Visualization disappear when the ride is not selected
-ABILITY TO TEST ROOMS
SEPERATELY,Cars spawn at the room entrances and despawn at the room exit in this special test phase
-Adjust Speed per Track Segment/Freely along the Lines for Trackless Rides
-Elevators/Drop Tracks for trackless darkrides that doesn't use more than 1 car

TRIGGERS
-Ability to add Triggers that randomly trigger either one or the other object/effect -Ability to add Triggers that only work on certain Cars
-Ability to add Triggers that Change Switches/Activate Droptracks/Transfer Tables
-Ability to activate a certain switch position based on car number

RIDES
Not an Expert in this,so whatever you suggest can go in here.
-Flying Carpet Variant and Generic Variant for the Witch with the Flying Dumbos -Give the teacups a smaller variant
-Orbitron
-Vekoma Mad House(different pre themed versions or ability to theme yourself if possible)
-Motion Simulator(Star Tours) with customizable screen and a timeline for 360 degree movement

FIREWORKS/WATER FOUNTAINS/ PROJECTION MAPPING
This is a big one.
-COMBINE THE CURRENT SYSTEM OF
FOLDERS IN THE SEQUENCER WITH A
TIMELINE AND LET US SET AN EFFECT
FOR THE WHOLE FOLDER(Turn Lights
Off,Change Light Colour,...)
-More Firework Variants orientated at what
Disney does for their big shows
-Colorable Water Fountains in 3 Sizes or
Scalable
-Premade Castles and Stage Blueprints -Projection Mapping on Surfaces,Castles(if possible),pre made disney variants or planco variants and ability to create or add your own
-Parades(Set a Path,Different Premade Car
Variants or maybe allow making own cars)

SCENERY AND BUILDING
Also a big one
-Improve the Building System to allow for more flexibility
-More themed scenery(especially
Pirates,Spooky,...)
-INSIDE DECORATION ELEMENTS and Furniture(Spooky DLC did some of this the right way)
-ANIMATRONICS(the game rily lacks variations of these,especially once again in the pirate,but also the adventure,fairytale
and generic sector)+PepperIs Ghost Effect Animatronics with Transformation Effect or Ghost Effect

RESTAURANTS AND HOTELS
-Scale a Virtual Room to be the Restaurant and choose entrances and exits,including ability for multible floors for balconys or higher seating areas,Place Tables,EmpIoy Waiters and see as guests sit down,order and eat,Place a Kitchen with a window where you can see inside,Hire Chefs to Cook in that Kitchen,Choose a Menu and Name for the Restaurant
-Scale Virtual Rooms for a
Hotel(Reception,Normal Room,VlP Room, Suite) and choose entrances and exits,Choose Name of the Hotel and hire Receptionists and Room Service/Cleaners
+Ability to connect a Virtual Hotel
Restaurant Room that works like the Park Restaurant
-Design a Parking Structure only for hotel guests with possible mutltiple layers/ floors like with the normal parking structure detailed below

PARKING
-Ability to design a Working Parking
Structure with Multible Concrete Layers/ Floors And Ramps that work similar to the coaster builder or path builder and need to be connected with the floors. Exits that also work as Entrances need to be set for every floor for the guests so that guests can exit the parking structure and their cars for a path. When finished it needs to be connected to the Main Park Road so that the cars can enter the structure.

ROADS
-Parking needs to be connected to the Main Road
-Guests now arrive at the Map via the Main
Road and need to get to a Parking Structure to leave their Car and enter normal Path
-Road Placing works similar to path placement,maybe a bit more options
-In addition there is a train track that enters the world map,you can add to it like with the train transport rides already in the game,just built a main station and connect it with your paths so that guests who arrive via train can visit your park too, the station can also function as the end of the train track,like with the other transport rides as mentioned as a suggestion above

MULTI RESORTS
-Park Map should be big enough to build
2-3 Parks and Hotels and maybe
Waterparks(after added in a DLC) like it often is around the world or atleast give an option to connect Maps to each other to create a Resort that in some way gets visualy linked. I think that this idea is something that would really make Planco 2 stand out compared to Planco and make it more revolutionary,but better Trackless Ride Creation and Parades are revolutionary too,so I hope they include some revolutionary ideas.

Overall I'm fairly positive Frontier will fix a lot of these points,especially a partnership with Disney could give them the necessary insight on World Class Theming and Innovative Ride Systems and Us the ability to use the ride systems mentioned above and the classic disney scenery for our rides no matter if recreation or not. 1 1m sure Frontier will treat licensing with Disney as the've done it with other Licenses for Planco and I must admit in my opinion thelve done great,especially with Ghostbusters. So i do hope that this licensing deal is real and that we might see Planco 2 in 1 or 2 years. Remember most of the 5 year roadmap leak posted on 4chan actually became reality so 1 1 m fairly certain Planco 2 is going to be too.

Last edited:
The possibility of "modding" Planco 2 right from the beginning with a better version of the "TMTK". Better TMTK means, with the option to group single items in sets like self-created DLC's. And the TMTK should be updated regular, based on the current Blender Version.

open world feeling maps filled with life. Your lot and surrounding your lot will now be full of life with roads, highways cars houses. Draw distance increased. And With the choice of expanding areas and flattening out land. Buildings also change as your park gets larger. More hotels etc..

Smarter park Guests. Small personality traits that will effect where they go in the park. More variety of characters and interactions with environment. Resting on fences, sitting in grass areas etc.

More changes and unlockables as your park grows. Celebrities start showing up, private parties, special holiday park events like 4th of July. The world around the map will also grow as a tourism area.

Kimattacks has everything right! Disneyland Freak is on a good path too!
I would like to see easy snap scenery as a switch to turn it on and off.
A see through scenery switch and a grouping switch so maybe you could make a roof add ceiling lights group it all together and just flip it around and drop it down.
Pretzel shop
Popcorn shop
Funnel cake shop or bakery that sells cookies, brownies, cinnamon rolls, pies, and cakes
Italian beef and sausage shop
Fried Chicken shop
Sandwich, soup and salad shop
Lemonade and Iced Tea shop
A clothes shop selling clothes branded to the park and rides nearby and sunglasses and tote bags
A toy shop selling stuffed toys and souveniers of the characters in your park
Information stalls should also sell park maps, ponchos and umbrellas
Guests should be free to make more than one ATM trip especially if they are having a good time.
Ability to put any scenery on a ride and remove any and all "Planet Coaster" insignia off rides so they are fully customizable.
Easier terrain tools, path tools, water tools, tunnel tools.
A lot more scenery: Animatronic Animals ie birds lions tigers giraffes bears hippos rhinos zebras antelopes deer rainforest animals.
Rain forest scenery
beach scenery
tropical scenery
Americana scenery
Mardi Gras scenery
Halloween expanded scenery
Egyptian scenery
Mechanical scenery
old town scenery
town square scenery
modern city scenery
Expanded ice scenery
dinosaur scenery
backwoods scenery
museum scenery
medical scenery
clown and circus scenery
disney scenery
batman scenery
looney tunes scenery

More types of stand alone lettering: block, bubble, neon,
More floor options like tile marble if doing office buildings and hotels etc

MORE RIDES:
Zamperla Rainbow
Bungee jump
Sky coaster
Ejection seat
Flying Bobs
Topple Tower
Huss Explorer
Paddle Wheel Boat
Intamin Triple Wheel (At least a double wheel if nothing else)
Customizable drop towers
Trabant
Gravitron
Rotor
Zamperla Power Surge
Zamperla Telecombat
Snowball ride
Mini golf
Parachute tower also customizable
Pioneer Zepher style rollercoaster car (look up Flash riverview park Chicago)
Splash boats
Mega Giga Ultra splash
Redesigned River Rapids ride where water actually hits the boats and gets passengers wet.
Hop on hop off transports/trams
Spiral life coaster
Mine cart coaster with elevator lift.
I would also like to see ride redundancies removed ie the condor type ride just have the floorless cars under a tab you can switch to no need to have a separate ride. Clearer park boundaries easier coaster building tools less crime. Removal of "obstructions" when trying to place paths if nothing is there there is nothing obstructing it!!! More benches and tables. I'm sure I'm forgetting something but its 1:45 am here and I'm amazed I got all this organized and written out!

I would like to see a more realistic percentage of peeps buying stuff like hats. It's not nice to see as many peeps wearing (ugly) hats. Yes, let's have shops selling t-shirts, hats, balloons and other souveniers. But please keep it realistic (sell less at a higher price to keep the shop profitable).
By the way, there a way too many guys with wired beards.

In real life flat many people like to ride gentle rides after coasters or other thrill rides, so there's not just a low request for those rides.
Many kids are scared of big coasters and would rate a short, nearly flat coaster with 5☆ for exitement.

Oh so much possibility....as other wrote and I want to support. Combind planet coaster and zoo features. So you have the ability to do things like Disney Animal Kingdom and Bush Gardens...

What about a simulator ride that you can make a movie and program the Multi-Axis simulator to match the ride or use movie cuts...plus ride them

What about an animatronic show that allows you to program the full show to. This would use something like the sequencer panel but more specialized for this purpose and in a timeline structure. The animatronics could be skeletal and later any skin could be rendered over it.

I would love the ability to build large buildings almost like sketchup allows. Its easy and super fast to do...

Hotels and watermarks would be awesome along with other resort type features. Like a destination vs a simple park only.

Maybe reduce the demand on the processor by each person representing several vs each on being rendered.

The backwards compatible part i think for PC1 owners is a must

Lasers to add on firework shows

Parades that can be structured around flat bed templates with bolt on features and motion options

One thing I noticed: In RCT3 the water reflection at night looks so good.
When creating water darkrides in Planet Coaster the water looks very unrealistic and the lights dont reflect that good.
Also the water effects like waterfalls etc dont react to the lighting at night. they are almost invisible. but why Planet Coaster 2? They could basicly release new DLCs.

I would like to have indoor shows. Even just a big featureless box similar to the restaurant that could be custom decorated. Instead of a queue, there would be large waiting room, similar to Hall of Presidents at WDW. Using sliders, you could control the number of peeps, the timing of the attraction, the excitement, intensity, etc. Most parks have indoor attractions, and this has been sorely missed in PC1. Of course, actual theatre seats or outdoor grandstand rides would be fantastic also.

I would also love to see a large number of simple kiddie rides that only kids can ride. Might be hard to program, but parents wait while kids ride. Simple circle rides like boats, tea cups, motorcycles, and cars, those spinning bears or berries, a real mini railroad, etc. Also sorely missed and in virtually every park in the world.

Last edited:
I would like to have indoor shows. Even just a big featureless box similar to the restaurant that could be custom decorated. Instead of a queue, there would be large waiting room, similar to Hall of Presidents at WDW. Using sliders, you could control the number of peeps, the timing of the attraction, the excitement, intensity, etc. Most parks have indoor attractions, and this has been sorely missed in PC1. Of course, actual theatre seats or outdoor grandstand rides would be fantastic also.

I would also love to see a large number of simple kiddie rides that only kids can ride. Might be hard to program, but parents wait while kids ride. Simple circle rides like boats, tea cups, motorcycles, and cars, those spinning bears or berries, a real mini railroad, etc. Also sorely missed and in virtually every park in the world.
Since at this point it would be makebelieve anyway, why not dress the Hotel Boxes or Restaurants up as one of your Proposed Shows? :unsure:

One thing I noticed: In RCT3 the water reflection at night looks so good.
When creating water darkrides in Planet Coaster the water looks very unrealistic and the lights dont reflect that good.
Also the water effects like waterfalls etc dont react to the lighting at night. they are almost invisible. but why Planet Coaster 2? They could basicly release new DLCs.
I think for a lot of our wishes an Engine revamp would be in order. So might as well do that with Planet Coaster 2 :D

Does anyone know if a Planet Coaster sequel is still in the pipeline? I would love it!

What I would mainly want would be more management of the park. While I love building parks in PC1, it's not as fun to have them open and maintain them, as it's often times just too easy. More management, and with that a harder time to make money, would be a huge improvement for me. In the scenarios the more complicated management features could be added by time, to keep it simple for new players in the first scenarios.

Last edited:
Well we can't be certain,but I'm 100% sure they are working on a sequel. When we see it? Just a matter of time! Could be this anniversary with a first teaser or early 2022 or next E3,either way I think it will release in Fall 2022 or 2023,depending on the progress of development during COVID stuff,project might have been sidelined for JWE2. There also might be another anniversary update for Planco 1 as a final update to both console and PC,but not sure on that,since PC hasn't gotten anything in years...
Either way we'll have Park Beyond and the awesome Indoorlands to bridge the gap...oh and JWE 2 of course!!

Top Bottom