Planet Coaster 2

P.S. This isn't a thread about what I want Planet Coaster 2 to be. I just wanted to know if there will be one or if there has been any hints

Nothing official has been either leaked or announced.

And as long as they keep selling DLC for Planet Coaster 1 it's unfortunately gonna take a few years.

All we can hope is they learn from the mistakes of Planet Coaster 1 when the game comes out and they unrestrict everything by giving us a sandbox game and open it up more to modding.

Joël

Volunteer Moderator
There are no official statements regarding a possible successor of Planet Coaster, and it is very likely that there won’t be any official statements either for the foreseeable future.

If and when there will be a successor for Planet Coaster, we will hear about it only once Frontier is ready to announce it properly to the public, and not anytime sooner than that. However, as it stands right now, there does not seem to be a successor in prospect.

P.S. This isn't a thread about what I want Planet Coaster 2 to be. I just wanted to know if there will be one or if there has been any hints
It is rumored for a future release. Nothing official yet. It makes sense that it will be coming out later due to updates to the game engine. Hoping for further DLCs.

I've been thinking to myself that PZ is a testing ground for PC2 on the new engine. They have been porting content from PC to PZ, so we know to some extent that is possible. I'm secretly hoping that after the launch of PZ, a team will focus on building new functionality for a PC2 so that we can have some sort of announcement sometime next year after they release a few DLC's for PZ and need to drum up some excitement for the PC fanbase. If they can support and continue building both Planet games, things could be lucrative and worthwhile.

But, I'm a kid of the RCT age, I'm all about expansions... So all I can say is Frontier, take mah money!

at least two more years of DLC’s
I dont think that would be as successful compared to just starting a new game with a better engine, unless they can make it compatible with Planco2 then theres no reason to buy DLC that wont be playable on the new engine

I've been thinking to myself that PZ is a testing ground for PC2 on the new engine.
Its sad, but I think this is true. Hopefully the Planco2 engine will have better performance so we can get larger expansions like RCT3 and/or backwards-compatibility with Plazoo

Last edited:
No spoon too?

You've expressed your opinion yes.
You had to repeat it 4-5 times, but in the end people will understand what you are trying to tell.....maybe

Last edited:
Planet Coaster 2 will eventually happen. It will probably be their next project after Zoo. But, it is probably a few years away at best. If they start working on it maybe next year, it probably won't see an alpha until 2-3 years later.

Excuse my ignorance, but could they not just use the Planet Zoo infrastructure as a basis for Planet Coaster 2? Just swap out the Animals for the Rides :p

I'm sure it's not as simple as that, but the basics would already in place, Weather, Water Physics, the Pathing/P+P building, the Guests, it's all very similar in both Games, there would be no need to make PC2 from scratch.

Last edited:
Planet Coaster 2 will eventually happen. It will probably be their next project after Zoo. But, it is probably a few years away at best. If they start working on it maybe next year, it probably won't see an alpha until 2-3 years later.
i want the next game to be about water parks and pc2 be a combo game like rct3

Last edited:
I want at least two more years of DLC’s first, and at least two or three more ride only packs.
I'm guessing Frontier will give us 2 to 3 more ride only packs to finish off Planet Coaster, I'm hoping they tell us whether or not they are continuing with updates and DLC's for Planet Coaster.

Top Bottom