Planet Coaster 2019

They need to fix the horrible optimization. I have 4 rides and the game is losing FPS. That's amateur and embarrassing. Stop adding ANYTHING else until you can have people actually able to play the game. Most people should be able to run it at 30fps, instead literally everyone is getting 10 and less. No idea why you people think that's acceptable.

I know that Frontier isn't going to be adding swimming pools and the like to this game which is a disappointment to the masses who wanted it, including big YouTubers. But can live without that in the game.

I would like to see Bumper Boats in the game. Frontier could definitely put that in the game. Take for example Rainbows End, Auckland NZ. Visitors don't have to change into swimwear. Even though the water mechanics in the game aren't perfect, they're fairly capable.

As for the game optimization, users really need to have a high end gaming PC to play this game more easily. The average laptop which people use for school and work doesn't cut it (dual core CPU, no dedicated graphics card just intel graphics found on modern i5 and i7 processors). I have an i7 and GTX 1070 and it can "play" this game, though it runs into 10-24fps on my larger creations but that's in 4k on the higher settings. Reason why it lags is cause the graphics are amazing, the people don't look as cheap as RCT3, and more importantly it runs only on Directx11. Directx12 is more efficient properly utilizing more than just one CPU core, but not many people use Windows 10/Xbox. I have been with the game since it was in Alpha, April 2016, and honestly, Frontier HAS made improvements in a couple updates regarding optimizations. Back then even small parks were running at 10fps with high end hardware.

I haven't been on this forum for like 2 or 3 months (roughly last time I did a YouTube video on the game). Other than that, I don't expect that much out of the game for 2019. Will keep playing it every now and then. I'm going to try Starlink battle for atlas for Xbox One X. I used to play this game everyday, but with my schedule, and since NZ/Australia it's our summer break very soon for December and January, and other things I like to do in my free time and do different things, I'll likely play the game once or twice a month. Still like it though.

As for the game optimization, users really need to have a high end gaming PC to play this game more easily.

Pretty sure that's the case for literally every single thing in any field ever. "You just need better hardward" OOOOOOOHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH. I thought it had to do with the hamster I feed to operate the treadmill that runs my toaster oven. The problem is.... it shouldn't "NEED" a high end gaming PC for a basic sim game.

It should be capable of lowering the graphics enough that you can actually play it to its fullest capacity on most machines. This barely runs on the most exclusive, expensive machines and not to the fullest capacity, not even close.

Pretty sure that's the case for literally every single thing in any field ever. "You just need better hardward" OOOOOOOHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH. I thought it had to do with the hamster I feed to operate the treadmill that runs my toaster oven. The problem is.... it shouldn't "NEED" a high end gaming PC for a basic sim game.

It should be capable of lowering the graphics enough that you can actually play it to its fullest capacity on most machines. This barely runs on the most exclusive, expensive machines and not to the fullest capacity, not even close.

Jesus Christ what is up with you? Did you step out of the wrong side of the Bed? Optimization is not a magical thing. There is only so much you can do. But since i am not a Programmer i am as qualified to talk about it as you are. That is not at all.

• Like (+1)
Reactions: LN
product_life_cycle.png

To be honest, this is what I would expect for the future of planco (=2019). I know this may be Business 101 and very simple and basic, but in the end it comes down to something like this and how to reasonably allocate Frontier's resources.

When you think about their other strong games like Elite and Jurassic World Evolution, I think Planet Coaster is well positioned for the future - as long as they decide it has enough potential to continously stay profitable.

I think it also depends a bit on their current pipeline - if no other major project pulls away all the time that a re-juvenation would require, chances are good that something big might be coming before all but the hardcore Players lose interest.
However, it will have to be interesting and appealing for all (so it won't be a feature such as rain, even if it that was technically possible). This brings me to the 2nd point: it has to be doable and feasible: so NO waterparks so far (as already stated and explained a lot before).

Perfect synergy: use what they have learned with JWE and and apply it to Planco. I mean the guest's brain already seems to be quite challenging performance-wise; so I'm not too sure about adding animals' AI. But maybe something along the lines of Wild! would actually be possible. Just saying… This has been successful for RCT3 and it would be a gamechanger again.

View attachment 2689

To be honest, this is what I would expect for the future of planco (=2019). I know this may be Business 101 and very simple and basic, but in the end it comes down to something like this and how to reasonably allocate Frontier's resources.

When you think about their other strong games like Elite and Jurassic World Evolution, I think Planet Coaster is well positioned for the future - as long as they decide it has enough potential to continously stay profitable.

I think it also depends a bit on their current pipeline - if no other major project pulls away all the time that a re-juvenation would require, chances are good that something big might be coming before all but the hardcore Players lose interest.
However, it will have to be interesting and appealing for all (so it won't be a feature such as rain, even if it that was technically possible). This brings me to the 2nd point: it has to be doable and feasible: so NO waterparks so far (as already stated and explained a lot before).

Perfect synergy: use what they have learned with JWE and and apply it to Planco. I mean the guest's brain already seems to be quite challenging performance-wise; so I'm not too sure about adding animals' AI. But maybe something along the lines of Wild! would actually be possible. Just saying… This has been successful for RCT3 and it would be a gamechanger again.

If I was to choose expansion similar to Soaked or Wild, I would definitely go wild. It fits much better. These days a lot of parks add waterpark area to their parks, while parks with animals are not that common. However, yea, the game is designed the way waterparks would be VERY hard to add. So I would probably be ok with "classic" expansions, that would add more rides, scenery, campaign (proper one) and some new mechanics for park management.

I would be fine with classic expansions as well. Anything that will add more to Planet Coaster I'm for. I think right now what Frontier should focus more on is more flat rides and food stands.

I meant I would be for Soaked, not Wild. But yea, I think more classic expansions would be the best. As for food stands, I'm all up for more. However, they would have rework the AI somehow. Even with current amount of shops, some are a bit obsolete...

View attachment 2689

I hope it won't look like that [ugh]

I meant I would be for Soaked, not Wild. But yea, I think more classic expansions would be the best. As for food stands, I'm all up for more. However, they would have rework the AI somehow. Even with current amount of shops, some are a bit obsolete...

I'd really like to see a "Shop Counter" without the Building around it. Basically something like RCT3 had. This must not be an alternate version for each shop, but just one generic counter with a menu similar to the Restaurants, where you just choose what they sell at the Shop out of the complete repertoire.

I'd really like to see a "Shop Counter" without the Building around it. Basically something like RCT3 had. This must not be an alternate version for each shop, but just one generic counter with a menu similar to the Restaurants, where you just choose what they sell at the Shop out of the complete repertoire.

Agree, that would be very nice addition.

Unfortunately I (strongly) believe it is all coming to an end.
The addition of TMT and MRP, which contained a few rides people have been asking for since the game launched, point to that....but for the most part we've gotten just about everything.
-We're just missing a Wild Mouse ride (pref. with generic trains,) a mini coaster, and Shoot the Chute ride.

I'd love to see more themes and some more (quality) themed family friendly rides like "Rockin' Tugboat" "paradrop (jumping jellyfish/Toy Soldiers Parachute Drop)- lately all we've been getting tacky "budget" rides with flashing bulbs. [cry]

Unfortunately I (strongly) believe it is all coming to an end.
The addition of TMT and MRP, which contained a few rides people have been asking for since the game launched, point to that....but for the most part we've gotten just about everything.
-We're just missing a Wild Mouse ride (pref. with generic trains,) a mini coaster, and Shoot the Chute ride.

I'd love to see more themes and some more (quality) themed family friendly rides like "Rockin' Tugboat" "paradrop (jumping jellyfish/Toy Soldiers Parachute Drop)- lately all we've been getting tacky "budget" rides with flashing bulbs. [cry]

But there is a Wild Mouse ride.

It's a shame that a lot of people are getting this impression that development and additional content is coming to an end now. I've never understood why Frontier don't do what they do with Elite Dangerous, and have bigger plans and ambitions for Planet Coaster.

For me, it´s the new beggining. This as well might be a new start of additions that focus on rides and gameplay. One can only hope.

It has been stated many times they are NOT abandoning PC.

I personally tend toward pessimism as a general rule, yet I am really not worried.

WingardiumLevicoaster

Volunteer Moderator
It's a shame that a lot of people are getting this impression that development and additional content is coming to an end now. I've never understood why Frontier don't do what they do with Elite Dangerous, and have bigger plans and ambitions for Planet Coaster.

No-one has stated they are not going to continue like they do for Elite. In fact, it has been hinted at many times that they do not expect to stop supporting the game. [big grin]

Top Bottom