Planet Coaster 2019

Surely there can't be something else content related coming so soon though? We tend to see no updates / fixes after a certain point because of work on the next update.. but surely not this soon? Is Mr Crowther starting the hype train early?

HeatherG

Volunteer Moderator
Surely there can't be something else content related coming so soon though? We tend to see no updates / fixes after a certain point because of work on the next update.. but surely not this soon? Is Mr Crowther starting the hype train early?

He’s just letting us know if there is a update with fixes that it will be announced on the forums, and social media, because they don’t list a specific date until that day comes.

I'm pretty sure there will be more DLC's this year. As to when, my guess is based on past releases probably April, July, and October.

I know that Frontier isn't going to be adding swimming pools and the like to this game which is a disappointment to the masses who wanted it, including big YouTubers. But can live without that in the game.

I would like to see Bumper Boats in the game. Frontier could definitely put that in the game. Take for example Rainbows End, Auckland NZ. Visitors don't have to change into swimwear. Even though the water mechanics in the game aren't perfect, they're fairly capable.

As for the game optimization, users really need to have a high end gaming PC to play this game more easily. The average laptop which people use for school and work doesn't cut it (dual core CPU, no dedicated graphics card just intel graphics found on modern i5 and i7 processors). I have an i7 and GTX 1070 and it can "play" this game, though it runs into 10-24fps on my larger creations but that's in 4k on the higher settings. Reason why it lags is cause the graphics are amazing, the people don't look as cheap as RCT3, and more importantly it runs only on Directx11. Directx12 is more efficient properly utilizing more than just one CPU core, but not many people use Windows 10/Xbox. I have been with the game since it was in Alpha, April 2016, and honestly, Frontier HAS made improvements in a couple updates regarding optimizations. Back then even small parks were running at 10fps with high end hardware.

I haven't been on this forum for like 2 or 3 months (roughly last time I did a YouTube video on the game). Other than that, I don't expect that much out of the game for 2019. Will keep playing it every now and then. I'm going to try Starlink battle for atlas for Xbox One X. I used to play this game everyday, but with my schedule, and since NZ/Australia it's our summer break very soon for December and January, and other things I like to do in my free time and do different things, I'll likely play the game once or twice a month. Still like it though
Bluestacks Kodi Lucky Patcher .
Yes I also have a long time did not participate in this wonderful forum, although I am one of the first members
I hope it will be a strong start in 2019 and that the battles will be stronger and more beautiful

Last edited:
Maybe the next update can finally put in a Togo Ultratwister in the game. Possibly as part of a Futuristic Pack that also includes a Gravitron and a shooting dark ride modeled after the Justice League rides.

I know that Frontier isn't going to be adding swimming pools and the like to this game which is a disappointment to the masses who wanted it, including big YouTubers. But can live without that in the game.

I would like to see Bumper Boats in the game. Frontier could definitely put that in the game. Take for example Rainbows End, Auckland NZ. Visitors don't have to change into swimwear. Even though the water mechanics in the game aren't perfect, they're fairly capable.

As for the game optimization, users really need to have a high end gaming PC to play this game more easily. The average laptop which people use for school and work doesn't cut it (dual core CPU, no dedicated graphics card just intel graphics found on modern i5 and i7 processors). I have an i7 and GTX 1070 and it can "play" this game, though it runs into 10-24fps on my larger creations but that's in 4k on the higher settings. Reason why it lags is cause the graphics are amazing, the people don't look as cheap as RCT3, and more importantly it runs only on Directx11. Directx12 is more efficient properly utilizing more than just one CPU core, but not many people use Windows 10/Xbox. I have been with the game since it was in Alpha, April 2016, and honestly, Frontier HAS made improvements in a couple updates regarding optimizations. Back then even small parks were running at 10fps with high end hardware.

I haven't been on this forum for like 2 or 3 months (roughly last time I did a YouTube video on the game). Other than that, I don't expect that much out of the game for 2019. Will keep playing it every now and then. I'm going to try Starlink battle for atlas for Xbox One X. I used to play this game everyday, but with my schedule, and since NZ/Australia it's our summer break very soon for December and January, and other things I like to do in my free time and do different things, I'll likely play the game once or twice a month. Still like it though.
Have a nice holiday and have fun
CONCERNING THE GAME I THINK THAT YES IT OUT in 2019 but I do not know when
I also play this game almost every day unless I'm busy

Why do you think Planet Coaster is dead? A lot of people are still playing the game and Planet Coaster is still doing good in sales.

Joël

Volunteer Moderator
Planet Coaster has gone dead.

Planet Coaster is far from dead. The game just hit the milestone of 2 million sales and Frontier continues to work on the game, according to a recent trading update by Frontier Developments plc. which can be found here.

Thank you for the article. I'm glad to see Planet Coaster is still doing well. Planet Coaster is my favorite theme park game. Can't wait to see what 2019 has in store.

Vampiro

Volunteer Moderator
Planet Coaster has gone dead.

Keep in mind we had a BIG DLC just over a month ago. After that we had the holidays and stuff.
I think Frontier had effectively like 3 weeks to work on a possible next update.

Besides that, a new coaster was just announced [big grin]

I think it's safe to assume Planet Coaster is far from dead at this moment [happy]

Planet Coaster is only going to keep getting better and better with new improvements and new content. Truly everyone at Frontier cares about the content they add to Planet Coaster which makes the game even more better. With that said it proves that Planet Coaster is not dead.

Planet Coaster is only going to keep getting better and better with new improvements and new content. Truly everyone at Frontier cares about the content they add to Planet Coaster which makes the game even more better. With that said it proves that Planet Coaster is not dead.

I wouldn't say its dead, but I wouldn't really say its gotten better over time. We still don't have smooth coasters, ORP still hasn't been added, there's tons of stuff people have asked for since Alpha and it still hasn't been added (half walls) and everyone asked for the Schwarzkopf coaster, but not at any point did they ask for it as a DLC, they asked for it because it was the first looping coaster you could build in previous games.

I said to somebody yesterday, when you develop a game, the best thing to do is OUTDO your previous product, and compared to the previous product, RCT3 had a lot more content/themes/items to use, the Worlds Shop DLC was really disappointing, it had 2 windows in the whole pack and 3 pieces of japanese scenery, that were all themed to the Haya Sushi. I joked a little while back and said "Smooth Coasters Pack, coming soon, £7.99" but honestly... that wouldn't surprise me at this point.

Top Bottom