Planet Coaster - Amusement Rides!

Status
Thread Closed: Not open for further replies.
I'm really impressed with the work of these people, the physics, the realism, the movements, the visitors... 10/10, guys.

I love the theming of the rides, are theme park rides, not as in RCT3...

Congratulations for this work, Frontier, I can't wait to see more! [up][up]

[video=youtube;c_Yugi94dV8]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c_Yugi94dV8[/video]

In the RCT forums I was banned (until December 4 I can't enter to the RCT forums, awesome...) for posting this video, there seems that talks about the competence hurts, this bothered me so much that I'd rather to be in the forum of Planet Coaster. Planet Coaster forums are better, this place isn't a dictatorship.

Last edited:
I saw this video yesterday and am very impressed as well, the animation is extremely fluid and the textures also look great. I'm sorry to hear that you were banned from the "other" forums, but I am glad that you enjoy our company around here. [big grin]

I saw this video yesterday and am very impressed as well, the animation is extremely fluid and the textures also look great. I'm sorry to hear that you were banned from the "other" forums, but I am glad that you enjoy our company around here. [big grin]
Frontier made RCT3 and more simulation games, I have great confidence in this company, and I know that they are making the game by PASSION and not for the money. [happy]

I am delighted to be in this forum, a totally different atmosphere, everyone here speaks kindly of both games, not like ''others''.

- - - - - Additional Content Posted / Auto Merge - - - - -

That video is amazing. I need some extra cash for the coaster head forums, thats for sure.
I need Planet Coaster on Steam, because I buy games through Paysafecard, and the Frontier store does not accept this payment.

I need to buy this game [money], is too awesome to me!

With Frontier having it's own dev, I bet we're going to notice stuff, that they couldn't do for RCT3 for whatever reasons that might have been. And even though the people may look cartoony, their personalities and movements make up for it. Thank You Frontier.

Last edited:
Thats an awesome video! I love the lighting engine especially, it looks incredible on the rides. I hope we are able to really customize themes/color schemes so that we can really play around with the non coaster rides and keep them fresh.

[up][up][up][up][up] Awesome! they look like real theme-park rides. Amazing work! Planet Coaster WILL definately be the best coaster game of all times. I have really no doubt about that. [yesnod]

With Frontier having it's own dev, I bet we're going to notice stuff, that they couldn't do for RCT3 for whatever reasons that might have been. And even though the people may look cartoony, their personalities and movements make up for it. Thank You Frontier.

We already know one thing Atari didnt let them do in RCT3. Heavier people. John Laws mentions it in the forum Q&A and in one of the concets theres a woman clearly fatter than the genric one.
So yeah, they probably have much more liberty now.

Harbinger

Volunteer Moderator
You were banned for posting a video? That sucks. [ugh]

The staff of the RollerCoaster Tycoon forums are notorious for censoring anything Planet Coaster related. You can mention the game in passing but post a video or screenshot and it'll likely get the entire topic deleted (and potentially yourself banned) in short order.

I can understand it to a certain extent because they don't want people promoting a direct competitor on their site but they're constantly flip-flopping about their stance about it with their moderation team commenting on Planet Coaster posts one day only to delete the entire topic the day after.

The fact that Frontier is releasing so many videos & screenshots lately has likely become a bit of an embarrassment for them as they have nothing new to show right now. This explains the tougher stance on purging their forums of any of the Planet Coaster content recently.

Last edited:
Pretty harsh. Okay, maybe they don't like it to advertise the competition - what's understandable...but to ban someone for one little violation is very harsh.

The staff of the RollerCoaster Tycoon forums are notorious for censoring anything Planet Coaster related. You can mention the game in passing but post a video or screenshot and it'll likely get the entire topic deleted (and potentially yourself banned) in short order.

I can understand it to a certain extent because they don't want people promoting a direct competitor on their site but they're constantly flip-flopping about their stance about it with their moderation team commenting on Planet Coaster posts one day only to delete the entire topic the day after.

The fact that Frontier is releasing so many videos & screenshots lately has likely become a bit of an embarrassment for them as they have nothing new to show right now. This explains the tougher stance on purging their forums of any of the Planet Coaster content recently.
I have been banned without permission unitl December 4 and without notice, it is typical of those people. Are many days, but nothing happens, I've lost interest in those forums, I don't like the dictatorships, sorry.

Promote the competence is good for Atari, making them see that they have a powerful opponent that can hardly be overcome. What Atari should do is learn from the mistakes of Frontier (there are few) viewing these videos, and take example of how this people work.

Pretty harsh. Okay, maybe they don't like it to advertise the competition - what's understandable...but to ban someone for one little violation is very harsh.
Exact, is very harsh, but we know how are these people, they don't like that someone is doing a better game. Here you can promote RCTW and nothing happens, because in this forums exist the freedom of expression.

You were banned for posting a video? That sucks. [ugh]
Yes, unfortunately yes, I'm sick of the moderators there, the rules in these forums are very hard, I lost the interest...

[up][up][up][up][up] Awesome! they look like real theme-park rides. Amazing work! Planet Coaster WILL definately be the best coaster game of all times. I have really no doubt about that. [yesnod]

Exact, for me will be the best coaster game! [yesnod]

The best thing is that Frontier is learning from its mistakes in RCT3, with theme rides, grat visitors, more number of visitors...

Thats an awesome video! I love the lighting engine especially, it looks incredible on the rides. I hope we are able to really customize themes/color schemes so that we can really play around with the non coaster rides and keep them fresh.
100% agree with you!

I'm excited to see the game at night, you imagine seeing these rides with lights? [heart]

Status
Thread Closed: Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom