ANNOUNCEMENT Planet Coaster Announced for 2016

Status
Thread Closed: Not open for further replies.

Brett C

Frontier
Excuse me for not jumping in joy as the fanboys Mr Brookes but aren`t you supposed to finish this shell of a game called ED? I have waited for 15 years only to find out that it has less excitement and content than Elite First Encounters on my Amiga. And now you have other "grand designs"... Brilliant
Each company has different groups of people that work on different products.

I've waited nearly 10 to 15 years (depending on RCT series) of a RCT1/RCT2 remake myself, and I get to wait and see what RCT4 aka RCT:W has in store, and now, Coaster Park Tycoon.

Each company has different groups of people that work on different products.

I've waited nearly 10 to 15 years (depending on RCT series) of a RCT1/RCT2 remake myself, and I get to wait and see what RCT4 aka RCT:W has in store, and now, Coaster Park Tycoon.

Don't forget Parkitect.

The more theme park/roller coaster type games, the better. It will only make all the different developers be on the top of their game and strive to create the best product they can, instead of half-assing it since there's no competition anyway. Good news, good luck on the development Frontier. I can't wait to see how it turns out.

Sir.Tj

The Moderator who shall not be Blamed....
Volunteer Moderator
Loved RCT3, looking forward to seeing what FD have up their sleeve. :D

This sounds fun!

Next up, please consider "Elite: Dangerous, Stories"! :D This would be a standalone FPS set in the Elite universe with proper voice acting, cut-scenes, etc. So no piloting spaceships, but lots of shooting, sneaking, tech gadgets, etc. As a separate game, ED expansion holders would still have to purchase it, perhaps with a discount.

EDS would expand the Elite universe. Equally importantly, it would generate a lot of the assets for the procedural ED expansions - bits of space stations, buildings, weapons, animations, textures, etc. I can't see how making all the planetary stuff just for an expansion could be viable, but if the assets could be shared, then you almost get them for free. :D

That is good news. Looking forward to read more info about this game. There is a big community waiting for a great next-gen Theme park / coaster building / tycoon game. Frontier can do whatever they want with this game without other involvement. Awesome!

Last edited:
Frankly a Kickstarter would be cool. I love all those extra levels of goodies.

I'm sure it'd do very well, not that the funding is needed, but it'd be good for marketing?

Space station Tycoon coming soon..

They should do this so they can have players create living space stations that would look different and could be a bridge between the two games. Then technically, players could own space stations :)

Not quite

They should do this so they can have players create living space stations that would look different and could be a bridge between the two games. Then technically, players could own space stations :)
I think that has been done already by someone else, but not really sure.

Status
Thread Closed: Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom