Planet Coaster anymore DLC?

And here we are again with the monthly "Frontier abandoned Planet Coaster" discussion. I think we were spoiled back then when we got update after update and DLC after DLC. I understand this hunger for more. I am the same. The more content for this Game the better. But what we need to do is realise that Frontier has multiple Projects going on they need to give attention: Elite Dangerous on multiple Platforms, JWE on multiple Platforms, Planet Zoo, and now Planet Coaster on multiple Platforms. Giving all these Games the fair share in the Sun means that some have a dry Patch for a while. I don't mind waiting for new things, since i STILL haven't completely exhausted all the Content this Game has already. Just think of the amount of stuff that we can play with. I for one haven't even touched the Ghostbusters DLC, even though i own it. I am busy building all my other Parks that i don't even have the time to dive in.

But this is just me. What i have learned over the years is that patience will be rewarded :D I might be wrong and this is the End of DLC for this Game (which of course will come one day) or we will get another DLC out of the blue that will blow us away. If there is no more Content for this Game, i will still be happy to play with what i do have :D

Some communication beyond "nothing to announce" would be welcome when it comes to console-pc parity though. There's being quiet about upcoming content because you don't wanna over promise and then there's just keeping your community in the dark.

Harbinger

Volunteer Moderator
I simply cannot understand how Frontier has abandoned this game and how they could possibly make more money selling console versions of this game rather than have the entire customer base purchase DLC. It's beyond overdue. I'm sure they will give everyone's new built in excuse of blaming it on covid but they should get their act together.

With a 4 year old game they'd be lucky to get a 5-10% conversion rate on any new DLC and at 1/4 the cost of a full price game that won't even come close to what the Console Version will raise. If the Console version performs as well as it did on Steam then Frontier could potentially ship 2 million units within 12 months raising £60m+ in revenues allowing for discounts and Sony/Microsoft fees.

Whilst none of us know whether DLC will resume after the Console version ships. The scales will certainly tip more in favour of resumption with potentially 2 million additional (and not fatigued) owners of the game.

Some communication beyond "nothing to announce" would be welcome when it comes to console-pc parity though. There's being quiet about upcoming content because you don't wanna over promise and then there's just keeping your community in the dark.

Frontier are a publicly traded company. "Nothing to announce" is the best you'll get on anything that will affect company revenues (or partner announcements) until it's been officially announced.

What we do know for sure is there is a Mac version coming to Steam in November. Whilst it's possible this will be based on the November 28th 2019 build, Frontier typically sync their games across all platforms. I speculate that it's probable that the Mac build will go live the same day as the console version, it will be in sync with the Console version and the PC version will also be brought up to date but...

As the Mac release date has not yet been confirmed by their partner Aspyr this necessitates a "nothing to announce right now" response until such times as the date is confirmed.

• Like (+1)
Reactions: LN
With a 4 year old game they'd be lucky to get a 5-10% conversion rate on any new DLC and at 1/4 the cost of a full price game that won't even come close to what the Console Version will raise. If the Console version performs as well as it did on Steam then Frontier could potentially ship 2 million units within 12 months raising £60m+ in revenues allowing for discounts and Sony/Microsoft fees.

Whilst none of us know whether DLC will resume after the Console version ships. The scales will certainly tip more in favour of resumption with potentially 2 million additional (and not fatigued) owners of the game.

Frontier are a publicly traded company. "Nothing to announce" is the best you'll get on anything that will affect company revenues (or partner announcements) until it's been officially announced.

What we do know for sure is there is a Mac version coming to Steam in November. Whilst it's possible this will be based on the November 28th 2019 build, Frontier typically sync their games across all platforms. I speculate that it's probable that the Mac build will go live the same day as the console version, it will be in sync with the Console version and the PC version will also be brought up to date but...

As the Mac release date has not yet been confirmed by their partner Aspyr this necessitates a "nothing to announce right now" response until such times as the date is confirmed.

How does that explain Elite Dangerous and how they have modelled that product. I've seen plenty of comments and discussion by the devs speaking openly in the community on content that may or may not be released for Elite Dangerous. ED is obviously their most lucrative game and as such it is sure to effect their proceeds when they speak openly on that.

It's just a shame that Planet Coaster doesn't get that same treatment and yet is clearly very popular, and there's still a high demand for more.

Given that Frontier haven't done anything for this long shows they don't care about it anymore. They've thrown the console edition out there, once any major issues are fixed, they won't do anything else.

I was just wondering if there could be coming any last update this year or so. Steamdb is pretty active at the moment with PlanCo – and I don't think, they have anything to do in steamdb for Console Edition. A little clarification would be super awesome, but I don't think Frontier will announce or clarify anything about the current state. I feel like planco had a pretty abrubtly end after ghostbusters DLC.

I hope they do at least one more ride dlc. There are still flat ride types that could be done. A rotor, a sky coaster, a slingshot, a gravitron. All of those are in RCT3. There are fake versions of those on the workshop though but they cannot function as rides. At least the rotor building I managed to put a centrum inside and set the ride sequence to not rise and tilt to fake a rotor.

Top Bottom