Planet Coaster Commercial License to comply with new EU regulations

Hello everyone from Planet Coaster and Frontier developments.

Now since the new laws have been passed as everyone knows i wanna ask if Planet Coaster and Frontier will run Commercial Licenses for we youtubers/platforms to pay and continuing to spread the game on youtube,twitch,etc.

My Channel has 51 million views and its fully dedicated only on planet coaster also have 114k subs. I know is not much but my point is if Planet Coaster and Frontier will run Commercial Licenses. In case of not i will have to maybe remove everything and migrate to other games.

Im getting up to 2.-3 million views monthly have some videos with over 1 million views. And hope it to increasing these numbers even more but it will not be possible if the game will not run a commercial license since its now a mandatory law.

I wanna buy a License right next months and will try to contact Youtube to do the same so we both will be on fully legal status and wont be blocked in whole EU.

Here is My Channel https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCEsrqNr_cuIc3zHxO0KmX2g?view_as=subscriber

If there is a way to directly contact PlanetCoaster and Frontier developments it can help.

Wish you the best PewPew Peew

Last edited:
if you mean article 13, that it will be a mess or nobody listen to it.
the only thing is that youtube needs to have a filter to see if there is something wrong whit it.
so if you use a music what is not alout it will not be uploaded but canceled., before it whas uploaded and afterwards it will be checked.
so the check is before instead of after uploading.

the thing is that planet coaster is free to use whit all the build in audio. if you have a diffrent team music it is possible not alout
atleast it wil be a big problem if it is not be like this.
same as what happend a time that someone was saying that the build in audio is from him, but it is from frontier. afterwards a lot of video's got flagged that it was illigal to use the song in it. but i believe that is already fixed

if you mean article 13, that it will be a mess or nobody listen to it.
the only thing is that youtube needs to have a filter to see if there is something wrong whit it.
so if you use a music what is not alout it will not be uploaded but canceled., before it whas uploaded and afterwards it will be checked.
so the check is before instead of after uploading.

the thing is that planet coaster is free to use whit all the build in audio. if you have a diffrent team music it is possible not alout
atleast it wil be a big problem if it is not be like this.
same as what happend a time that someone was saying that the build in audio is from him, but it is from frontier. afterwards a lot of video's got flagged that it was illigal to use the song in it. but i believe that is already fixed
Dude i don't want to offend you,but did you even read the article. Youtube and other plattforms have to ensure that there is absoluteley no copyrighted content in the million videos uploaded every day or they have to atleast have licenes for a lot of stuff, which means they are going to install upload filters and an upload filter can't detect if the video owner has all the licenses for the copyrighted stuff,which means a lot of overblocking,which means only the videos of big channels will go online,because the have the money to buy all the licences they need and youtube can trust them.
So he is requesting a license from Frontier so he can atleast prove that the has the right to show this game and all the music in it, even if his videos get blocked at first because of the automatic filter.

i know not all of it, but atleast nobody understand it how to do it correctly.
the rule is not clear enough and leaves alot of questions.

the most simpel thing is platform as youtube and facebook needs to have approval to show content from a certain movie, or artist.
before it the uploader was punished but now the platform itself gets a punished of not correctly checking it before it was online
alot of publisher of game content will have no problem when there is a video online of the game.
but disney for example does not want to show a movie on youtube what is just released.

but the thing is what is allowed and what not.
a certain song its alout but only when there is voice over, or 10sec max?? or completly nothing is allowed to be online at youtube.

so a artist that makes a live show and you upload it to facebook of your moment on the show it is also the question.

and yes offcourse the first thing is to block everything, but than when youtube got approval of it to show something than it is allowed to be online

so it does not matter if it is a big channel or small channel, youtube needs to have a license, or approval to show content about it. if they don't have it how it goes than we don't know.
also i read that it will be atleast summer 2021 before eveything needs to be set so all platforms stil have time to find the correct way how to use this stupid article 13

You guys are a bit too fast here,

at the moment, all this is a EU guideline wich has yet to be transformed and be conformed with national laws. Every Country in the EU will have slightly different rules in the final implementation of the guideline in the natianal law of the Country itself. No one knows how this will play out at the moment.
In terms of Planet Coaster, I don't think we will be in charge to pay a licence. I don't think frontier will change something on the "free to publish and stream" Videos of the Game Content from them.

The bigger Problem with the possible new regulations is, that YouTube might get more cautious than necessary, cause we creators are now basically out of responsibility for our content. To be honest, I don't get why... Every Country had already laws against copyright infringements and it was always the creators responsibility to make sure they don't hurt any copyright laws or get the license or like it works with frontier, a permission for use of the content. In my opinion, that was good as it was, I as a creator have to be aware of the responsibility I have when I produce Media Content. YouTube is just a hoster. I think of it like TV. A TV Channel also has the responsibility for the program and content breoadcasted and not the one who provides the platform (in this case the frequencies on cable, sattelite, etc.).

With the new guideline, YouTube and all other platforms are in full responsibility for the content they have on the Servers. I don't think this goes without many problems and a hard hit for our politicians as soon as the national laws are set and valid.

Greets,

Danny

wel sayed danny,
that is what i was trying to say also but whit the wrong words.

if they say no copyrighted songs in a movie, than alot of movies needs to be removed or blocked in the eu. alot of movies use songs or pieces of it that has copryright on it.
some people speaks through it so it won't be flagged, but the rule is never clear. even now

impression of a festival is than suddenly not allowed, alot of them it showed on facebook.

we need to wait till the countries have made there law about it and than we wil know more about this thing

Please leave the political talk off. Is not allowed in these forums.

Im asking for a license not about politics.

Is there a e-mail to frontier developments team?

It can help

Last edited:
At this moment its only politics .
After the law is done than we know more about it.
From 2022 youtube needs to have approval or license if you call it to show copyrighted content.

For us nothing changes

If you want to contact frontier than you need to send email to there support team.
Mayby create a ticket

Hello Paul_Crowther, Frontier developments and Planet Coaster devs

Dunno if Silvarret and Deladysigner or any other Youtubers got this email or message today in blue on theyr channel. This in an advise for everyone using Planet Coaster related content.

(Did you know? Even using a few seconds of unlicensed content may prevent you from monetizing your video).

Alot of channels latelly even with commentary/fair use are getting demonetized and all these demonetized channels theyr content will be removed and probably will happen on the next weeks.
My channel has videos without commentary and they dont care anymore if its commentary or non commentary they only care to be 100% legal. (Licensed)
Youtube have advised they will start removing unlicensed content.

I did not get claimed on any videos (thanks planet coaster!!) but this blue line scared me.

Looks like they are agressive because new EU laws are approaching and they are scared to get heavy fined. They will apply this law to everyone worldwide.

I dont wanna speed up the license process on this game that is up to you guys but if that dont happen i may need to remove everything before getting banned.

Hope to get an answer on next days/weeks.

Sorry for everyone there and specially devs.

Wish you the best PewPew Peew

Last edited:
Solution: don't monetize click-and-create coaster cams. Problem solved.

Post and share for the fun of it. Problem solved. (The problem defined as "youtube might remove your content.")

It's not like you're building elaborate 500 hour creations. You're going for quantity over quality, hitting record, uploading, slapping down some ads and expecting payment.

I just checked out one of your videos in my non-adblocked browser. I see not one, but two pre-roll ads on a 9-minute click-create coaster. I define click-create coasters as those which take a few clicks to make because of the repetition of elements. It's like placing an ad before an excel spreadsheet.

No tears will be shed for the absence of sponsored crocodile roller coaster. Sorry, my opinion. At least I obeyed your command not to speak politics! Good luck.

• Like (+1)
Reactions: LN
Solution: don't monetize click-and-create coaster cams. Problem solved.

Post and share for the fun of it. Problem solved. (The problem defined as "youtube might remove your content.")

It's not like you're building elaborate 500 hour creations. You're going for quantity over quality, hitting record, uploading, slapping down some ads and expecting payment.

I just checked out one of your videos in my non-adblocked browser. I see not one, but two pre-roll ads on a 9-minute click-create coaster. I define click-create coasters as those which take a few clicks to make because of the repetition of elements. It's like placing an ad before an excel spreadsheet.

No tears will be shed for the absence of sponsored crocodile roller coaster. Sorry, my opinion. At least I obeyed your command not to speak politics! Good luck.

Whilst i can totally relate to your opinion, there is something about it that hits a nerve in me.
It's the same reason i don't feel motivated to release stuff on the Workshop anymore,
you are all very quick to voice YOUR opinion and there's nothing wrong with that,
however i see none of you going out of your ways to invest the same effort into giving positive feedback or support for those who don't self-advertise.
I've done most of my art and music on my own cost, released my music on my own cost,
never signed my rights away to a label (and there were many opportunities over the past 24! years),
and i always prioritized my moral standards over monetary gain, over fame. I have principles. But where did that get me?
Into a position where i have to take lots of b.ee.s for stuff others get cheered for (because they self advertise like it's the last day on Earth)
and being popular seems to be the only visible comparison in people's heads. (Oh he's not popular, then he can't be good)
To be honest, i'm tired of wasting weeks on projects that are free, high quality and that are done with a passion.
Because there's hardly anything you get out of it, BECAUSE you rather spend your time and energy complaining about how others do their thing.
My song Wipeout, released on my own cost, no advertisement, no label, was the first song to ever feature heavy voice alterations
(which btw is almost impossible to achieve in a song as you need to keep it audible above all other sounds in the mix.)
I did that 10 years ago on really mediocre gear and basically did wonders with what i had available, but does anyone care?
Do i get credit for it? no, other artists who did years later get the credit instead.
It's things like these that make me doubtful about where to draw the line between staying real and selling out.
And i'm actually on the verge of saying "why stick to my principles and do free art, if no one even wants to return the favour and spread the word.."
i'd rather spend the time with creating new things, but in the future i will cut that down and instead spend the time on self-marketing and to actually get food on my table.

I've influenced quite a few things in my lifetime, the Epcot revamp being one of them.
(not happy with their concepts, but the initial spark came from a project called Epcot3D)

and oh look, less than 200 views... man people are so supportive of creativity..

He's actually doing it the right way, at least he gets a viewership. And in all honesty, there is no other way than to monetize, advertise and reinvest.
(it's just how YT works nowadays cough for the past 7 years cough*big media companies in the background *cough cough)

As much as you and me would like to think otherwise, but that's how people apparently work:

You put the food right in front of them and they might eat it.
Leave it in the kitchen, or don't tell them how awesome it tastes and it rots away.

So, what i just said, i think in parts this reflects the mindset of quite a few other artists or creative minds.
The struggle of finance vs self determination vs morals vs art vs limited time on earth.
It's still just my subjective opinion.

And that's why i think your complaint may be valid, but unfounded and just a rant because you found something to complain about.
I don't see a reflection of that stated principle in your behaviour, though.
I'll revise my comment if i see you investing the same energy into positive feedback.

cheers,
ArtificialArtist

Joël

Volunteer Moderator
Whilst i can totally relate to your opinion, there is something about it that hits a nerve in me.
It's the same reason i don't feel motivated to release stuff on the Workshop anymore,
you are all very quick to voice YOUR opinion and there's nothing wrong with that,
however i see none of you going out of your ways to invest the same effort into giving positive feedback or support for those who don't self-advertise.
I've done most of my art and music on my own cost, released my music on my own cost,
never signed my rights away to a label (and there were many opportunities over the past 24! years),
and i always prioritized my moral standards over monetary gain, over fame. I have principles. But where did that get me?
Into a position where i have to take lots of b.ee.s for stuff others get cheered for (because they self advertise like it's the last day on Earth)
and being popular seems to be the only visible comparison in people's heads. (Oh he's not popular, then he can't be good)
To be honest, i'm tired of wasting weeks on projects that are free, high quality and that are done with a passion.
Because there's hardly anything you get out of it, BECAUSE you rather spend your time and energy complaining about how others do their thing.
My song Wipeout, released on my own cost, no advertisement, no label, was the first song to ever feature heavy voice alterations
(which btw is almost impossible to achieve in a song as you need to keep it audible above all other sounds in the mix.)
I did that 10 years ago on really mediocre gear and basically did wonders with what i had available, but does anyone care?
Do i get credit for it? no, other artists who did years later get the credit instead.
It's things like these that make me doubtful about where to draw the line between staying real and selling out.
And i'm actually on the verge of saying "why stick to my principles and do free art, if no one even wants to return the favour and spread the word.."
i'd rather spend the time with creating new things, but in the future i will cut that down and instead spend the time on self-marketing and to actually get food on my table.

I've influenced quite a few things in my lifetime, the Epcot revamp being one of them.
(not happy with their concepts, but the initial spark came from a project called Epcot3D)

and oh look, less than 200 views... man people are so supportive of creativity..

He's actually doing it the right way, at least he gets a viewership. And in all honesty, there is no other way than to monetize, advertise and reinvest.
(it's just how YT works nowadays cough for the past 7 years cough*big media companies in the background *cough cough)

As much as you and me would like to think otherwise, but that's how people apparently work:

You put the food right in front of them and they might eat it.
Leave it in the kitchen, or don't tell them how awesome it tastes and it rots away.

So, what i just said, i think in parts this reflects the mindset of quite a few other artists or creative minds.
The struggle of finance vs self determination vs morals vs art vs limited time on earth.
It's still just my subjective opinion.

And that's why i think your complaint may be valid, but unfounded and just a rant because you found something to complain about.
I don't see a reflection of that stated principle in your behaviour, though.
I'll revise my comment if i see you investing the same energy into positive feedback.

cheers,
ArtificialArtist

Thank you for voicing your concerns. Whilst I see that you've made valuable points, and in doing so have expressed your passion and care for these concerns, I would like to point out that your reply is mostly off-topic in this thread.

I don't want to come over as the one ending your discussion, but I do ask to keep it on topic from this point onwards.

Thank you for understanding!

Joël

Volunteer Moderator
Thanks Joël Do you know any update yet? about planet coaster licenses?
For now you don't need to worry about it.
If anything changes, then you'll hear about it.

Please also take note of the official reply by Community Manager Paul Crowther, quoted below;

We have nothing to announce regarding this topic currently. Should things progress we'll of course ensure we do everything we can to help our talented creators.

Top Bottom