Planet Coaster: Console Edition, coming Summer 2020!

Chante Goodman

Community Manager
Frontier
Hayo coaster friends!

After three successful years on PC, we're excited to announce that Planet Coaster is coming to console in Summer 2020!

Planet Coaster: Console Edition will include free content and features that have been added to the game since launch, so both Xbox and PlayStation players will be able to live out their wildest theme park dreams.

Planet Coaster: Console Edition will have everything you've come to know and love from the game: physics-driven realism, piece-by-piece construction, and advanced simulation to offer control over every aspect of your parks. We're also adding a brand new tutorial to help new players get to grips with all that the game has to offer, so they can build and manage their coaster kingdoms.

For now, we'd like to welcome all new console players to the Planet Coaster community, and hope that they feel the amazing support from our beloved PC PlanCoFam who undoubtedly have lots of great tips, tricks, and memories to share!

Sorry, I'm exited on one side, but on the other side, you've lost in my personal opion your your complete credibility. Why have you always told us over all the years that there are NO PLANS for a Console Version? Very bad corporate policy. Is Planet Splash next on your list, because you always tell us, that you don't want release a waterpark game?

Bo Marit

Lead Community Manager
Frontier
Sorry, I'm exited on one side, but on the other side, you've lost in my personal opion your your complete credibility. Why have you always told us over all the years that there are NO PLANS for a Console Version? Very bad corporate policy. Is Planet Splash next on your list, because you always tell us, that you don't want release a waterpark game?

Because the team worked incredibly hard to make this happen, and we don't talk about things before we are ready to talk about them. Thanks!

Bo Marit

Lead Community Manager
Frontier
I hope to God though that you guys continue to support the PC (Windows) game. I hope that more DLC's are coming in the future, especially more ride packs.
I fully agree! I hope more DLC’s and updates come to the PC windows game.

In another thread I have confirmed that next week there'll be a quality of life update coming to PC, thanks to the work that's been done on the console edition. This is the recent Steam activity you've been seeing as well :) hope that clarifies!

I wish it came to Nintendo Switch :(

Hope there's a chance we see PlanCo running on it, it's the perfect console for the game. Would fit incredibly well with the system: playing handheld and docked.

Because no plans is different from ruling it out entirely, things change... As for Switch, think that's pretty much guaranteed not to happen given it's not part of an announced console release (understandably so). Looking forward to any kind of update on the PC version (content or otherwise) as mentioned above.

Top Bottom