Planet Coaster: Console Edition, coming Summer 2020!

Paul_Crowther

Community Manager
Frontier
Hey all. As we've mentioned previously, we have no plans to bring Water Parks or the features of Planet Zoo to Planet Coaster. Planet Coaster: Console Edition will bring Planet Coaster to a whole new audience of people who have been asking for Planet Coaster on their platforms for a long time now. You will still be able to enjoy Planet Coaster on PC if that's your thing :)

Bo Marit

Lead Community Manager
Frontier
@Phil1 I do apologise if that's how it came across, it certainly wasn't my intended tone! After 3,5 years on here, I'm so used to people on the forums knowing who I am and inherently understanding my tonality that I didn't think to read into my line from another perspective, and instead just wanted to quickly clarify for you. I'll be sure to take more time on my replies ❤

As a huge fan of Planet Coaster and now also Planet Zoo i can only say awesome, bring this wonderfull game to console so those without PC can also enjoy how wonderfull this game is. I own both a PS4 Pro and an Xbox One X and probably end up getting the game again on Xbox just for the moments that I enjoy sitting or almost laying on the couch and play on the the big screen TV. One question though, will the game be in 4K ? And wondering what DLC will be included in the base game on console because from the looks of the trailers some are included. And hopefully the rest of the DLC will also come to console. Minor suggestion for the team, include some already made coasters for each coaster in the game because not everyone is a great coaster builder and since there aint no workshop which has thousands of designs give people a choice to start a park straight away without having to wait for some coaster shares.

Also i understand that we wont be getting any of the Planet Zoo features, but 1 thing i do love to see is the button where you can see who is visiting your zoo, i love that option in planet zoo. Weather i agree it would be awesome to have in Planet Coaster but it would mean a lot of redesigning of pretty much every single item ever made for the game as it has to interact with the weather like Planet Zoo does which i think is a bit too much to ask and better be saved for Planet Coaster 2 atsome point.

As for quality of life update for Planet Coaster on PC i was expecting DX12 support but that didnt make it in unfortunatly, game does run a bit smoother though but not asmuch of a permormance gain as i would have hoped.

@Phil1 I do apologise if that's how it came across, it certainly wasn't my intended tone! After 3,5 years on here, I'm so used to people on the forums knowing who I am and inherently understanding my tonality that I didn't think to read into my line from another perspective, and instead just wanted to quickly clarify for you. I'll be sure to take more time on my replies ❤
Hi Bo, I appreciate that and ditto i apologise if my tone wasn't appropriate to the situation as well.

Can you already say whether the Workshop will be accessible to Console players or is it still too early to clarify on that?
I'm quite sure the TMTK Workshop might not be implemented but how about the Blueprints?
Or will it have its own separate Workshop? Thanks in advance!

I think they are serious when they say no water parks. The current game can't handle them. Water is handled differently than in RCT3 and the peep code would need to be updated for a Soaked like expansion. Maybe in Planet Coaster 2 down the road if it comes. You can still make fake water parks with realistic slide pieces from the workshop. In some ways Planet Coaster is a step forward from RCT3, like better graphics and not bound to a grid, in other ways a step backward, with missing rides and features. I would have rather had an upgraded RCT3 with the graphics and improved terrain of Planet Coaster. Planet Coaster 2 will probably have weather like Zoo since it will use a newer Cobra engine.

I am also wondering about player created content in the steam workshop, BPs and TMTK. Are console players going to have their own version? Access to the stuff we made for PC?

I think they are serious when they say no water parks. The current game can't handle them. Water is handled differently than in RCT3 and the peep code would need to be updated for a Soaked like expansion. Maybe in Planet Coaster 2 down the road if it comes. You can still make fake water parks with realistic slide pieces from the workshop. In some ways Planet Coaster is a step forward from RCT3, like better graphics and not bound to a grid, in other ways a step backward, with missing rides and features. I would have rather had an upgraded RCT3 with the graphics and improved terrain of Planet Coaster. Planet Coaster 2 will probably have weather like Zoo since it will use a newer Cobra engine.

Why would the peep code needs to be updated?

Paul_Crowther

Community Manager
Frontier
Can you already say whether the Workshop will be accessible to Console players or is it still too early to clarify on that?
I'm quite sure the TMTK Workshop might not be implemented but how about the Blueprints?
Or will it have its own separate Workshop? Thanks in advance!

We are working on an innovative new sharing solution which will let console players share their creations with others, and place community blueprints. As soon as we have more information on this feature, we'll be sure to let everyone know!

I would just like to say how excited I am that Frontier are finally porting this game to console. It's always been possible to do as they done it with JWE and Paradox did it with Cities which I play both on console. Now I used to be a PC Gamer, as far back as Theme Park on MS DOS and Theme Hospital, through my fav game RCT 1 and 2. Also Flight simulators until PCs priced most gamers from back then out the market and I couldn't afford the PCs to play the games that come out now. Planet Coaster is a game I have wanted to play since it came out but only watched YouTube videos from PC players which I think most do a brilliant job. But I hope that the minority of PC players who play it dont hold a grudge to the console version, remember games in general aren't there for a select few players they are created for all people whatever platform. So for Frontier to do this, not only do I think they should have done this earlier but they will undoubtedly gain a ton more PlanCo fans all while making a better profit in order to improve the PC and Console versions together plus the console market if far bigger now than PC. Remember I used to be PC gamer from way back.
Thanks

I would just like to say how excited I am that Frontier are finally porting this game to console. It's always been possible to do as they done it with JWE and Paradox did it with Cities which I play both on console. Now I used to be a PC Gamer, as far back as Theme Park on MS DOS and Theme Hospital, through my fav game RCT 1 and 2. Also Flight simulators until PCs priced most gamers from back then out the market and I couldn't afford the PCs to play the games that come out now. Planet Coaster is a game I have wanted to play since it came out but only watched YouTube videos from PC players which I think most do a brilliant job. But I hope that the minority of PC players who play it dont hold a grudge to the console version, remember games in general aren't there for a select few players they are created for all people whatever platform. So for Frontier to do this, not only do I think they should have done this earlier but they will undoubtedly gain a ton more PlanCo fans all while making a better profit in order to improve the PC and Console versions together plus the console market if far bigger now than PC. Remember I used to be PC gamer from way back.
Thanks

I think there is nobody on this Forum that is against a Console Version. And According to Frontier it will be the full Game with no Cut Features too! So as far as i am concerned, the more Planet Coaster Fans, the better :D I am actually extremely impressed that they are/were able to do it at all. So for all new Console Gamers, welcome to the Family :D

Last edited:
Hi all

I have always wanted to switch to Mac...‘one’ thing that stopped me taking the full plunge was Planet Coaster.

As of the announcement of the console edition I have bought myself a very nice MacBook Pro 16. I also have a PS4 Pro linked up to a big TV and amazing sound system, so I am stoked that I’ll be able to play Planet Coaster on it. Can’t wait to see some in game footage and see how Frontier have implemented it to console.

I love PlanetCoaster, JurassicWorldEvolution and of course PlanetZoo.
But what about M&K support on the PS4/Xbox? It is now officially possible if the dev want it.
Other PC Games like Ark or DayZ support it now. I hope u guys make an update with m&k support for Jurassic on the PS4.
BTW Great Work

I didn’t know where to post this. I been a rct2 nut years ago. Seen the ad for the game coming to xbox.I’m looking forward getting back into park building after all these years without buying a desktop computer. I been watching YouTube videos of parks very impressive. Looking forward to be part of your coaster family.

Top Bottom