Planet Coaster: Console Edition, coming Summer 2020!

Hopefully this gets a Xbox Series X patch. It'll probably run at 30FPS on the base Xbox, if not the One X as well, so I might hold off on buying it until the Series X comes out to get the best performance.

So is this going to be a late summer thing... because if it was coming earlier we would probably have an official release date now but I guess not. I had some cash saved up for this game but I already bought another game because there is hardly any communication going on here so I don’t know how much longer we will be. waiting. Not trying to hate it’s just that each week goes by and nobody says anything.

So is this going to be a late summer thing... because if it was coming earlier we would probably have an official release date now but I guess not. I had some cash saved up for this game but I already bought another game because there is hardly any communication going on here so I don’t know how much longer we will be. waiting. Not trying to hate it’s just that each week goes by and nobody says anything.

You gotta understand, there's an epidemic going on right now. Frontier probably doesn't want to give a date and be unable to stick to it.

Also, Nintendo just announced an entirely new Mario game that's coming out in mid-July. If they can announce a release date shortly before release, so can Frontier.

You gotta understand, there's an epidemic going on right now. Frontier probably doesn't want to give a date and be unable to stick to it.

Also, Nintendo just announced an entirely new Mario game that's coming out in mid-July. If they can announce a release date shortly before release, so can Frontier.
You gotta understand where I am coming from, I understand the current circumstance. Everyone is in a vulnerable place right now. If Frontier is unable to deliver what they promise it would be appreciated if they said something. I’m sure everyone would be able to understand that. Everyone is being affected in different ways. I probably came off wrong, I am not upset that there isn’t an official release date, I just wish there could be some sort of word. Sorry about how that came across earlier :)

Last edited:
You gotta understand where I am coming from, I understand the current circumstance. Everyone is in a vulnerable place right now. If Frontier is unable to deliver what they promise it would be appreciated if they said something. I’m sure everyone would be able to understand that. Everyone is being affected in different ways. I probably came off wrong, I am not upset that there isn’t an official release date, I just wish there could be some sort of word. Sorry about how that came across earlier :)

They're probably unsure of the date. It can go either way, we don't know anymore. I'd expect there to be an announcement in the next month if it truly is summer. If not, I'll understand. I'd rather have a good, successful game over a rushed product.

Also, there's probably a decent chance that this is a digital-only release. I'm not aware if it was ever confirmed to get a physical version. So, if it is digital, then it can be shadowdropped at any time.

I’m really looking forward to this release as well. I own the pc version and don’t play so much lately since pz came out but it would be great on consoles for my kids. I truthfully do expect delays due to covid19 but will see I guess.

I am really excited to finally dive into this game for the first time. It has been on my radar ever since its initial announcement and now I could jump in this summer to try it out on my PS4. Summer is here and won't be much longer now, plus I get to be in this part of the forums when I finally sink so many hours into the game. Exciting! 😆☀️

I am really excited to finally dive into this game for the first time. It has been on my radar ever since its initial announcement and now I could jump in this summer to try it out on my PS4. Summer is here and won't be much longer now, plus I get to be in this part of the forums when I finally sink so many hours into the game. Exciting! 😆
Don’hold your breath. It looks like it’s delayed. Frontier is hush hush on the release date.

Don’hold your breath. It looks like it’s delayed. Frontier is hush hush on the release date.
Frontier is hush hush in general 😉
I learned to be patient with these things as the devs do need the time to test things out without rushing to meet a deadline. I could even wait for a later release if it means a better product overall on launch, especially in this COVID-19 time. I am pretty excited either way since it is coming to console of all things, so it will be interesting how developments are made to make this possible and if it would lead to similar projects done with the cobra engine ✌️

I was expecting an update on a release date this month hopefully we do get one and wishing they announce it and only couple weeks to wait before it releases :) can't wait

They'll have news for us soon, all we know is that the team are completely focused on the console version and are therefore still working away at it. It may be that it'll take a bit of time though due to the pandemic so just try and be patient. :)

I could care less about a console version, how about a new ride DLC for the Windows version? I like the open ended nature of the game, in that you can keep downloading new stuff to it from the workshop. Not sure how that will work with a console version. It also works better with a keyboard and mouse although they said that the console version will also support a keyboard and mouse. I could probably list about 50 rides that I would like to see in the game, that would be about 5 DLC's with 10 rides each.

Last edited:
Top Bottom