Planet Coaster: Console Edition, coming Summer 2020!

I could care less about a console version, how about a new ride DLC for the Windows version? I like the open ended nature of the game, in that you can keep downloading new stuff to it from the workshop. Not sure how that will work with a console version. It also works better with a keyboard and mouse although they said that the console version will also support a keyboard and mouse. I could probably list about 50 rides that I would like to see in the game, that would be about 5 DLC's with 10 rides each.
Your reply about console version is pointless its going to be a separate game and also on the livestream they said it runs amazing because they've optimised it for console! Go start a conversation on the pc forum :) have a good day

Maybe we'll get a new dlc with the release of the console edition.
What I want to say is that they might have created new stuff for the console edition, that could be used for a pc PC dlc, as well (I hate that we'll have to differ pc PC and ce PC).

I'm courious about the content and price of the ce PC in relation to what we've had to pay for PC and dlcs for pc...

Maybe we'll get a new dlc with the release of the console edition.
What I want to say is that they might have created new stuff for the console edition, that could be used for a pc PC dlc, as well (I hate that we'll have to differ pc PC and ce PC).

I'm courious about the content and price of the ce PC in relation to what we've had to pay for PC and dlcs for pc...
I'll be surprised if the game is cheaper! I'm expecting £30

On steamdb we can clearly notice that the developers have been working on the PC version since mid-March. Something is coming, that's for sure. Some people on forums or groups claim that Planet Coaster on PC would be getting a graphical update when Planet Coaster is released on console, have you ever heard about that?

Last question : Bo answered in another thread that the developers are currently working on the console version and not on the PC version while the activity on SteamDB proves the opposite so it would be nice to tell us if we can expect something on PC in the next weeks/month (even if it's only a QOL update) or if this activity on SteamDB doesn't mean anything. :)

Last question : Bo answered in another thread that the developers are currently working on the console version and not on the PC version while the activity on SteamDB proves the opposite so it would be nice to tell us if we can expect something on PC in the next weeks/month (even if it's only a QOL update) or if this activity on SteamDB doesn't mean anything. :)
It's previously been stated that the recent activity on the SteamDB does not relate to forthcoming content. I'm not sure what the activity implies but as far as I'm aware, it's not what you think it is.

Well, then apparently the PC (Windows) game is done for now. Or they are taking a year or more break from it. We weren't guaranteed even five years of new content.

On steamdb we can clearly notice that the developers have been working on the PC version since mid-March. Something is coming, that's for sure. Some people on forums or groups claim that Planet Coaster on PC would be getting a graphical update when Planet Coaster is released on console, have you ever heard about that?

That's Frontier's poor marketing...
They won't give any clue until a few days before the release of new content.

Ok, they don't want to tell fix release dates, but a "something is comming" would raise the interest in new content.

It's wrong in my opinion because at this moment with the lack of communication has made me less excited. Just wish they would keep us updated with the progress and they probaly know the release date already. Hopefully we hear something soon 🙏

It's wrong in my opinion because at this moment with the lack of communication has made me less excited. Just wish they would keep us updated with the progress and they probaly know the release date already. Hopefully we hear something soon 🙏
That's what I'm saying...
An announcement of "something is comming" is much more info than we're getting right now.
So this way some people will be surprised that a dlc has been released without knowing it before.

I could care less about a console version, how about a new ride DLC for the Windows version? I like the open ended nature of the game, in that you can keep downloading new stuff to it from the workshop. Not sure how that will work with a console version. It also works better with a keyboard and mouse although they said that the console version will also support a keyboard and mouse. I could probably list about 50 rides that I would like to see in the game, that would be about 5 DLC's with 10 rides each.

Even though i agree that the PC might be the better Platform for this game for multiple reasons, i still remember a time when new Threads kept popping up about a Console Release. I am quite amazed that they are able to pull it off. And also, we tend to put our own wishes before others like "I could care less about a console version, how about a new ride DLC for the Windows version?" But think of what others want once in a while. For us it is a net win. This means that Planet Coaster will gain new Fans and in turn it has a longer life. We already had some benefits from the Console release even before it even hit the Market: There was (at least for me) a big improvement in performance after the Update.

I haven't posted in here in a few years. I thought I would give my two cents.

So I think it is pretty clear at this point, Planet Coaster on the console will be a next gen title, possibly with current gen support, but it is going to be a next gen game. The biggest piece of evidence to support this, is the fact Sony have announced that any new PS4 game submitted to them for certification around and after mid July, has to be compatible for PS5, alongside the PS4.

As we have not heard anything recently, it is pretty safe to say this game has not been sent for certification yet. As that would signal a release relatively soon.

Having this game on next gen is good. The game can actually be played how to should be played. It's a good thing.

I haven't posted in here in a few years. I thought I would give my two cents.

So I think it is pretty clear at this point, Planet Coaster on the console will be a next gen title, possibly with current gen support, but it is going to be a next gen game. The biggest piece of evidence to support this, is the fact Sony have announced that any new PS4 game submitted to them for certification around and after mid July, has to be compatible for PS5, alongside the PS4.

As we have not heard anything recently, it is pretty safe to say this game has not been sent for certification yet. As that would signal a release relatively soon.

Having this game on next gen is good. The game can actually be played how to should be played. It's a good thing.
It's releasing summer on PS/Xbox! Next gen systems are releasing holiday season! I'm expecting an unexpected release similar to Apex and warface breakout or like the new mario game where news comes and game is set for release following week.

I'm still hoping it releases this month early July :)

Harbinger

Volunteer Moderator

I wouldn't read too much into the activity on Steam. It's likely just a convenient Subversion repository for the devs who are working from home to coordinate their efforts, primarily on the console port.

The console version will be getting a new tutorial, I wouldn't get your hopes up for anything beyond that coming to PC when the console version releases.

It's releasing summer on PS/Xbox! Next gen systems are releasing holiday season! I'm expecting an unexpected release similar to Apex and warface breakout or like the new mario game where news comes and game is set for release following week.

I'm still hoping it releases this month early July :)

I hope so but I doubt it. As we have heard nothing. But I guess there is not much to show as we've already seen the game on PC.

You miss my point. Sony have stated that any game that is sent to them for certification from mid July onwards has to run on PS5 aswel as PS4. It's not a choice game developers have. They have to do it. Else Sony will not allow the game to release on this gen such as PS5. Therefore this is a good thing, because there is so much more power on next gen compared to this gen. I can see the game being massively hamstrung in this gen. Yeah they have probably figured out some clever ways to do stuff but the Jaguar based CPU found in both the Xbox One and PS4 is really really slow. Yeah they might have the game running but I csnt see how they could do it without making some massive sacrifices due to the pretty weak current gen system.

It may very well be on this gen but it will also be on next gen and I can see the gameplay experience being far far better on next gen compared to this gen with the machines ancient and slow hardware.

After watching the PS5 showcase, I think planet coaster is actually being worked on for this gen and to utilize next gen specs. Both PS5 and XboxseriesX are backwards compatible and would allow for older titles to be enhanced by the newer hardware if the Developers of the games were to allow it, I think this will be great as it will boost the performance of the management sim even more. I hope this is the case! or for the console edition to be updated for next gen later on.

I still wish for a Nintendo Switch version of this game. Maybe there will be a Mario-themed pack exclusive for this version.

So Frontier have announced it is coming holiday 2020 via their official Planco Facebook page. Woooho! This means 1000% it is gonna be a next gen title too. Because that is how Sony mandate releases on their platform. It's not a choice Frontier have. Yeah we will have a version for the current aging consoles but it makes sense to have it on next gen as the game is gonna struggle quite quickly on current gen. Nice that it will be on both. Remember PS5 and the new Xbox are both releasing holiday 2020 too.

Seeing as specs wise, the next gen consoles are similar in power to a current high end gaming PC. (Similar to Ryzen 7 3700 CPU and RTX 2080 performance wise)

Next gen should deliver this game in a really good light with pretty good performance to match. Another reason I now cannot wait for next gen!

EDIT: Upon reading the email it does say it's coming for PS5. It will be coming to the new Xbox too. I was spot on with my predicitions. Not really a prediction though. It just makes logical sense to do it the way they are now doing it. Can't wait to throw my cash at Frontier for a console version along side my new console.

Last edited:
So Frontier have announced it is coming holiday 2020 via their official Planco Facebook page. Woooho! This means 1000% it is gonna be a next gen title too. Because that is how Sony mandate releases on their platform. It's not a choice Frontier have. Yeah we will have a version for the current aging consoles but it makes sense to have it on next gen as the game is gonna struggle quite quickly on current gen. Nice that it will be on both. Remember PS5 and the new Xbox are both releasing holiday 2020 too.

Seeing as specs wise, the next gen consoles are similar in power to a current high end gaming PC. (Similar to Ryzen 7 3700 CPU and RTX 2080 performance wise)

Next gen should deliver this game in a really good light with pretty good performance to match. Another reason I now cannot wait for next gen!

EDIT: Upon reading the email it does say it's coming for PS5. It will be coming to the new Xbox too. I was spot on with my predicitions. Not really a prediction though. It just makes logical sense to do it the way they are now doing it. Can't wait to throw my cash at Frontier for a console version along side my new console.

It's also a pretty good marketing decision. More people are likely to buy it if it launches on the next-gen consoles alongside the current-gen, especially since it'll be one of the first games on next-gen.

Top Bottom