Planet Coaster: Console Edition is now available on PS4, Xbox One and Xbox Series X|S

Jens Erik

Senior Community Manager
Frontier
Hayo coaster friends!

Can you believe it? It's been a year since we first announced Planet Coaster is coming to consoles. This is a game we poured so much passion into for our PC community, and wanted to share with you all on console too. It's been a wild ride, but today the wait is finally over.

We're thrilled that the day is here: Planet Coaster: Console Edition is out now!

Today, our PlanCo Fam will get to enjoy the Planet Coaster experience on Xbox Series X|S, Xbox One and PlayStation 4. PlayStation 5 will be available from 12 November in the US, Japan, Canada, Mexico, Australia, New Zealand and South Korea, and 19 November in the UK, Europe and the rest of the world.

Planet Coaster first launched four years ago on PC, and in every livestream, on our forums, and via our social channels, we've been asked: "when will the game come to consoles?" Planet Coaster has always been a passion project for the development team in the studio, and was the culmination of everything the team has learnt over the years. Getting to share it with our incredible community has always been special to us. Today, with the launch of Planet Coaster: Console Edition, we get to share Planet Coaster with even more of you!

PC_Launch_Screenshots_960x540_Watermark_4.jpg

To our Planet Coaster: Console Edition players, we've got a top-tip for you all: we recommend first jumping into the fully-voiced tutorial to get to grips with the controls, and to meet the friendly personalities that will help you get your parks to a top-tier standard. Our charming friend, Oswald B. Thompson, is a renowned Theme Park Manager who can't wait to show you the ropes on how to get started building the parks of your dreams. You'll meet him, and others, who will get you set-up, while providing you with all the helpful advice and friendly charm you could need to become one of the best builders and managers around! Whether you start your adventure in Career Mode, where you'll really get to show off your well-rounded skills, create whatever you can dream up in Sandbox Mode, or show you're up to the task of running a park in Challenge Mode, we can't wait to see what you all get up to. And don't forget, no matter which mode you play in, the Frontier Workshop will be at your fingertips! The team created this platform so that our console community can share creations, browse for inspiration, and subscribe to must-have blueprints for your parks. The Frontier Workshop has cross-generation support, meaning that anything uploaded on a current-gen console can also be downloaded on its next-gen equivalent. We're looking forward to seeing what our Xbox and PlayStation communities create! You can access the workshop in-game, or via our Frontier Workshop web-page which is compatible with PC and mobile, meaning no matter where you are, you'll be able to feel connected to your PlanCo Fam all around the world.

The wonderful Planet Coaster: Console Edition development team have spent a lot of time ensuring that whether you end up playing on the gamepad or a mouse and keyboard, you'll have an experience that is suited towards your play-style. The team have made the controls incredibly intuitive, with brand new UI and a great radial menu that puts the most used shortcuts just a button away. Not only that, but they've also added hundreds of beautifully crafted new blueprints that will enable you to build a fully functioning, jaw-dropping park in just a matter of minutes. Of course, you'll still be able to do the piece-by-piece building you know and love from the Planet Franchise, to create whatever your mind can conjure up with the tools provided. With the Oswald-Eugene Counter, a nifty tool that will keep your console running smoothly for maximum playtime, you can learn how to best use the space you have in your parks. The team have made it easy to check the Oswald-Eugene Counter, by just a short visit to the settings menu. The counter will rise as you continue to create your park, and the more you add to your park the more the counter will increase. When you start reaching capacity, the Oswald-Eugene Counter will notify you that you’ll need to remove a few non-essential items to maintain the smooth running of your park. The dev team have worked hard to enable you to create incredible places to visit and share, no matter what console you choose to play on.

PC_Launch_Screenshots_960x540_Watermark_1.jpg

For our ultimate thrill-seekers in the community, Planet Coaster: Deluxe Edition, a digital exclusive, provides you with the base game, the Magnificent Rides Collection and Classic Rides Collection. These Collections will supply you with a total of 18 new rides and coasters, inspired by iconic attractions from theme parks and fairgrounds around the world.

Whatever version you decide to purchase, you will be able to benefit from our upgrade path support! For digital copy owners, on PlayStation 4 or Xbox One, you will be able to download the optimised next-gen version free-of-charge when it becomes available by logging on to your next-gen console with the account you purchased the game on. If you purchased a physical copy, you can also download the optimised next-gen version at no extra cost when it becomes available by simply inserting your disc into your next-gen console. Next-gen upgrades are not available for physical versions of Planet Coaster: Console Edition if you have purchased a PlayStation 5 Digital Edition or Xbox Series S, as these are consoles without disc slots. If you'd like to read more about how upgrading with Planet Coaster: Console Edition will work, you can do so here!

Planet Coaster: Console Edition is available for you to buy now by visiting our website here, or the console platform store of your choice.

Thank you for all of your support, feedback and comments, and enthusiasm for the game. We've had a wonderful time with you all over the last year, as you've been patient with us as we've worked to bring you Planet Coaster: Console Edition. Thank you for coming on this journey with us. We can't wait to see what you all create and share. Now go out there, and get building!

Last edited by a moderator:
18 mins in and absolutely loving this game. The controls and everything are just so great. One quick question (forgive me, I know I must be asking this in the wrong place) but how do you get down to the lowest menu when playing? The menu that controls the pause, fast forward buttons, etc. I know park management is the start button but I can’t seem to figure this out. I’m sure it’s me though.

Joël

Volunteer Moderator
Congratulations on launching Planet Coaster: Console Edition, everyone at Frontier! ❤ 🎊 🎆

An incredible achievement to bring the game to consoles, even though the last minute announcement of an in-game Oswald-Eugene Counter that helps with keeping parks running well on consoles. :)

I look forward to welcome console players into the PlanCoFam and admire all of the amazing creations that they will be sharing with us! 💙 🎡

Heyo!

Thank-you to the huge incredible team at Frontier for Planet Coaster - you should be really proud of what you've created it looks awesome - I haven't played on it yet but I've always wanted too and I've been looking so forward to this day for such a long time.
Look forward to playing.

Last edited:
Hayo coaster friends!

Can you believe it? It's been a year since we first announced Planet Coaster is coming to consoles. This is a game we poured so much passion into for our PC community, and wanted to share with you all on console too. It's been a wild ride, but today the wait is finally over.

We're thrilled that the day is here: Planet Coaster: Console Edition is out now!

Today, our PlanCo Fam will get to enjoy the Planet Coaster experience on Xbox Series X|S, Xbox One and PlayStation 4. PlayStation 5 will be available from 12 November in the US, Japan, Canada, Mexico, Australia, New Zealand and South Korea, and 19 November in the UK, Europe and the rest of the world.

Planet Coaster first launched four years ago on PC, and in every livestream, on our forums, and via our social channels, we've been asked: "when will the game come to consoles?" Planet Coaster has always been a passion project for the development team in the studio, and was the culmination of everything the team has learnt over the years. Getting to share it with our incredible community has always been special to us. Today, with the launch of Planet Coaster: Console Edition, we get to share Planet Coaster with even more of you!

View attachment 194776

To our Planet Coaster: Console Edition players, we've got a top-tip for you all: we recommend first jumping into the fully-voiced tutorial to get to grips with the controls, and to meet the friendly personalities that will help you get your parks to a top-tier standard. Our charming friend, Oswald B. Thompson, is a renowned Theme Park Manager who can't wait to show you the ropes on how to get started building the parks of your dreams. You'll meet him, and others, who will get you set-up, while providing you with all the helpful advice and friendly charm you could need to become one of the best builders and managers around! Whether you start your adventure in Career Mode, where you'll really get to show off your well-rounded skills, create whatever you can dream up in Sandbox Mode, or show you're up to the task of running a park in Challenge Mode, we can't wait to see what you all get up to. And don't forget, no matter which mode you play in, the Frontier Workshop will be at your fingertips! The team created this platform so that our console community can share creations, browse for inspiration, and subscribe to must-have blueprints for your parks. The Frontier Workshop has cross-generation support, meaning that anything uploaded on a current-gen console can also be downloaded on its next-gen equivalent. We're looking forward to seeing what our Xbox and PlayStation communities create! You can access the workshop in-game, or via our Frontier Workshop web-page which is compatible with PC and mobile, meaning no matter where you are, you'll be able to feel connected to your PlanCo Fam all around the world.

The wonderful Planet Coaster: Console Edition development team have spent a lot of time ensuring that whether you end up playing on the gamepad or a mouse and keyboard, you'll have an experience that is suited towards your play-style. The team have made the controls incredibly intuitive, with brand new UI and a great radial menu that puts the most used shortcuts just a button away. Not only that, but they've also added hundreds of beautifully crafted new blueprints that will enable you to build a fully functioning, jaw-dropping park in just a matter of minutes. Of course, you'll still be able to do the piece-by-piece building you know and love from the Planet Franchise, to create whatever your mind can conjure up with the tools provided. With the Oswald-Eugene Counter, a nifty tool that will keep your console running smoothly for maximum playtime, you can learn how to best use the space you have in your parks. The team have made it easy to check the Oswald-Eugene Counter, by just a short visit to the settings menu. The counter will rise as you continue to create your park, and the more you add to your park the more the counter will increase. When you start reaching capacity, the Oswald-Eugene Counter will notify you that you’ll need to remove a few non-essential items to maintain the smooth running of your park. The dev team have worked hard to enable you to create incredible places to visit and share, no matter what console you choose to play on.

View attachment 194777

For our ultimate thrill-seekers in the community, Planet Coaster: Deluxe Edition, a digital exclusive, provides you with the base game, the Magnificent Rides Collection and Classic Rides Collection. These Collections will supply you with a total of 18 new rides and coasters, inspired by iconic attractions from theme parks and fairgrounds around the world.

Whatever version you decide to purchase, you will be able to benefit from our upgrade path support! For digital copy owners, on PlayStation 4 or Xbox One, you will be able to download the optimised next-gen version free-of-charge when it becomes available by logging on to your next-gen console with the account you purchased the game on. If you purchased a physical copy, you can also download the optimised next-gen version at no extra cost when it becomes available by simply inserting your disc into your next-gen console. Next-gen upgrades are not available for physical versions of Planet Coaster: Console Edition if you have purchased a PlayStation 5 Digital Edition or Xbox Series S, as these are consoles without disc slots. If you'd like to read more about how upgrading with Planet Coaster: Console Edition will work, you can do so here!

Planet Coaster: Console Edition is available for you to buy now by visiting our website here, or the console platform store of your choice.

Thank you for all of your support, feedback and comments, and enthusiasm for the game. We've had a wonderful time with you all over the last year, as you've been patient with us as we've worked to bring you Planet Coaster: Console Edition. Thank you for coming on this journey with us. We can't wait to see what you all create and share. Now go out there, and get building!

Can U Help Me!! i was playing Planet Coaster Console on Xbox One and it kicked me out saying “to play this,you’ll need to buy it” but i brought it like 2 weeks ago. please help

Jens Erik

Senior Community Manager
Frontier
Can U Help Me!! i was playing Planet Coaster Console on Xbox One and it kicked me out saying “to play this,you’ll need to buy it” but i brought it like 2 weeks ago. please help

Hi ATLenthuasts,

Did this error message continue to happen? If you bought it two weeks ago then you should be able to play as normal.

And don't forget, no matter which mode you play in, the Frontier Workshop will be at your fingertips! The team created this platform so that our console community can share creations, browse for inspiration, and subscribe to must-have blueprints for your parks. The Frontier Workshop has cross-generation support, meaning that anything uploaded on a current-gen console can also be downloaded on its next-gen equivalent. We're looking forward to seeing what our Xbox and PlayStation communities create! You can access the workshop in-game, or via our Frontier Workshop web-page which is compatible with PC and mobile, meaning no matter where you are, you'll be able to feel connected to your PlanCo Fam all around the world.

Hi Jen,

You mentioned we can access the workshop via Frontier Workshop web page. Do you have a link we can access?

Thanks

Looking forward to playing this game, however I'm gonna have to wait until you bring out a patch. I can't even complete the tutorial right now because unfortunately the Filter icons on the bottom left of the screen in the build panel can't be selected or changed when using a controller, so can't select and place the benches, I have sent a bug ticket, just have to really hope a fix comes out soon for it. Otherwise the game looks awesome, can't wait until I can play it without this issue.

Jens Erik

Senior Community Manager
Frontier
Looking forward to playing this game, however I'm gonna have to wait until you bring out a patch. I can't even complete the tutorial right now because unfortunately the Filter icons on the bottom left of the screen in the build panel can't be selected or changed when using a controller, so can't select and place the benches, I have sent a bug ticket, just have to really hope a fix comes out soon for it. Otherwise the game looks awesome, can't wait until I can play it without this issue.

Thank you for submitting a report about this issue!

I’m the not so proud owner of a PS3 🙄 so jumping straight to PS5 for Planet Coaster. When will the preorder for PS5 Deluxe Edition be available so I don’t miss out on the DLC content ? Will probably get that before the console at this rate 🙄 Thanks.

I'm disappointed the physicals edition doesn't get the pre-order bonus. I support my local gamestore as they have a difficult time but it's a shame we get punished because of that.

Thank you for submitting a report about this issue!

Turns out it wasn't a bug and that you have to press 'Back' to get to the filters, wish they had actually explained that in the tutorial, those tutorials really need to be updated for console users.

Turns out it wasn't a bug and that you have to press 'Back' to get to the filters, wish they had actually explained that in the tutorial, those tutorials really need to be updated for console users.
Those tutorials were actually made for console users. The tutorial does not exist on the PC version. There are some little issues here and there, but as a person that played a bit of the PC version as well, the Console version, especially with this tutorial is really great.

Top Bottom