Planet Coaster: Ghostbusters Coming Soon!

Chante Goodman

Community Manager
Frontier
Hello ghosts and ghouls!

There’s something strange… have you noticed? There have been some unusual disturbances in our parks lately and we can’t quite figure out what’s going on. Maybe it’s time to call in some extra help?

The Ghostbusters will soon be making their way into Planet Coaster to help with the spectral apparitions that have been causing a nuisance in our parks. This pack will bring an exclusive story-driven scenario, iconic Ghostbusters content inspired by the original 1984 film, and gameplay mechanics that will be introduced to Planet Coaster for the first time!

Planet Coaster: Ghostbusters also sees Dan Aykroyd voice his original role as the iconic Raymond Stantz, mentoring players throughout their campaign as they build their park and take care of the ghostly issues that besiege their rides. Joining him, William Atherton will also voice his role as Ghostbusters antagonist Walter Peck.

Planet Coaster: Ghostbusters will be arriving soon for £12.99 (€14.99, $14.99)! Alongside the paid content, we are releasing FREE update 1.12, containing bug fixes and other improvements, plus the Quick Draw: a ride which allows your guests to ride and shoot targets, aiming for a spot on the leaderboard!

We’ve got some exciting and ghostly reveals planned over the coming weeks, so keep your eyes peeled on our forums and social channels to join in on all the fun!

Joël

Volunteer Moderator
Awesome!!!!!! :D

A story driven scenario... Very interesting! And original voice actors, too! Nice! ❤

Woohoo!

Nice. Let the new Kiddiecoaster be a shuttle kiddiecoaster and this sounds perfect.
Well i guess i will start making room at my park. :)

Woah!!! This is so much more than I was expecting. I LOVE the idea of a story driven scenario. And having Dan Aykroyd and William Atherton on board is pure awesome sauce. And Ecto 1 looks gorgeous. Massive thumbs up to the amazing artists at Frontier.
And I'm guessing the new ride will be a tracked shoot up dark ride. I can't wait to see this in game.
Awesome work Team Frontier💙

WingardiumLevicoaster

Volunteer Moderator
Woah!!! This is so much more than I was expecting. I LOVE the idea of a story driven scenario. And having Dan Aykroyd and William Atherton on board is pure awesome sauce. And Ecto 1 looks gorgeous. Massive thumbs up to the amazing artists at Frontier.
And I'm guessing the new ride will be a tracked shoot up dark ride. I can't wait to see this in game.
Awesome work Team Frontier💙
I love Dan

Hmmm... Reading between the lines... looks like that "leak" is turning out to be true... So, PlanCo2 is in the works....

Until then, glad to have the QuickDraw... Not so sure about this pack though.. It may be the first one I skip - unless it has something attractive in it..

I said Ghostbusters didn't really appeal to me, but this... Well played Frontier, well played.

I never thought we'd get a completely new ride mechanic anymore, but this sounds like Buzz Lightyear Laser Blast (Disneyland Paris) and I'm all in for it!

I'll reserve judgement on the DLC until I've seen what it contains, as I'm not really a scenario player and I'm not into "real" supernatural elements, but this certainly is interesting and unexpected.

Thank you for continuing to support this game!

I sure hope not. Frontier can add so much more to Planet Coaster.
If the "leaked" document and PlanetZoo is anything to go by, I'd say that PlanCo is reaching the end of its supported life and most of the fancy new stuff would be reserved for Planco2.. I think the packs will now get smaller and few & far between... but... if PlanCo2 does happen to build on PlanCo in the same way that RCT2 did with 1, then I'd have thought that the base of PlanCo2 would be where 1 left off with new features. Slowing down the packs will give them the space they need to implement stuff from PlanCo1 and PlanZoo too..

Top Bottom