Planet Coaster: Ghostbusters Coming Soon!

Looking at the video: So will peeps now use smartphones and take selfies? Or is that just animated trailer-content?
I´m actually surprised at all the positive reactions right now. Since when are PlanCo players so happy about heavily themed and branded content?

It's Ghostbusters... What's NOT to like?

Personaly I just love the 80's Ghostbusters,
I am definetly gonna use this, not sure how?
Hmmm! Da Da da daa, Da daa Daa! Who ya gonna call?
Great call Frontier!
Take my money. 🦄:love::eek:,
not only it's just so fab to get another quality licenced DLC....... It's GHOSTBUSTERS!
Da Da Daa, de Daa Da DAA!
and as an extra bonus, i have another great reason to use my goo-slime effects! (y)

Last edited:
I was hoping for a ride like Sally Ghost Blasters. A bunch of those and others were built in parks and other places. Sally breathed new life into the dark ride genre. In the 60’s the big dark ride makers were Pretzel and Bill Tracy. Pretzel made rides back in the 30’s as well, up to the 70’s. They went out of business in 1979. Tracy passed Aug 1974 and his company continued on as This Is, Inc. for a little while and eventually became JMM Studios by Jim Melonic. One of Jim’s projects was the Haunted Mansion at Funland, Rehoboth Beach, DE which has suspended cars. It was built around 1977-1978. It still exists.

Well, I hope we have some ghost animatronics, and not just Slimer. The Ghostbusters themselves need to stay out of my parks which are all post-living friendly.

I'm a bit confused to be honest. What are we paying for here? The scenario? Because the coaster is a reskin of a coaster we already have, and the dark ride is a reskin of the one we're getting for free... so what exactly is the new content in this pack?

Not really trying to be negative, just wondering what justifies the $12.99 price tag for this when it currently looks more like the $5.99 packs we got early on.

Last edited:
I´m actually surprised at all the positive reactions right now. Since when are PlanCo players so happy about heavily themed and branded content?
I don't know how I feel about PlanCo having mini games and a story-based scenario. It doesn't sit with the creator in me very well.. I'd need to see how it pans out. I'd rather be expanding a ghostbuster theme park than chasing around ghosts and hitting mini-objectives.. But I guess that's just me. It's an odd strategy for the game and I'm sure it is part of a bigger plan

Bo Marit

Lead Community Manager
Frontier
I don't know how I feel about PlanCo having mini games and a story-based scenario. It doesn't sit with the creator in me very well.. I'd need to see how it pans out. I'd rather be expanding a ghostbuster theme park than chasing around ghosts and hitting mini-objectives.. But I guess that's just me. It's an odd strategy for the game and I'm sure it is part of a bigger plan

The beauty of PlanCo is that there's always a way for you to play how you want to play :) be creative, build the most amazing things! Or gold star all the Scenarios.

Or you can be like me and just sit in Sandbox mode, staring at an empty park, listening to the music and having no clue how to ever make something as amazing as our community :ROFLMAO:!

(Point is, there will always be something for different types of players!)

You who like to create, you have had your game for long while now, with 100% attention.The game part of the game has been sorely neglected. So please let us have some fun too. You can just simply not buy it if you do not like it.

I haven't been playing PlanCo for months, in fact not this year, because I feel the game part is missing, and I miss official made scenarios, and I feel the scenario logistic and parts is very lacking compared with RCT1-3 so even if people made their own scenarios it is still lacking because of lack of mechanics. It is sad, but it is a fact. I still gush over the game and the creations, but I do not play the game.

If the rumors of sequel is true, then I REALLY hope they will make it more of actual game! HOPE HOPE HOPE HOPE.

I haven't been playing PlanCo for months, in fact not this year, because I feel the game part is missing, and I miss official made scenarios, and I feel the scenario logistic and parts is very lacking compared with RCT1-3 so even if people made their own scenarios it is still lacking because of lack of mechanics. It is sad, but it is a fact. I still gush over the game and the creations, but I do not play the game.

If the rumors of sequel is true, then I REALLY hope they will make it more of actual game! HOPE HOPE HOPE HOPE.

I think absolutely the same. PlanCo is per se a wonderful game with lots of possibilities for the user. But I'm still missing a few things that would make PlanCo even better: More (offical) scenerios, a more extensive park management, weather ( even if I know that this is currently too complicated to program for the game), more (tricky) challenges and so on. ;)

But now I'm looking forward to the new Ghostbusters Pack ... even I will have now 14,99€ less for my Paris tour in the summer. And Paris is veeery expensive. But what is Paris compared to this great Ghostbusters Pack. 😜

Joël

Volunteer Moderator
Hey everyone. The Planet Coaster website now features some more (exciting) snippets of information about...

Update 1.12 - Planet Coaster: Ghostbusters

Taken from the website;

Featuring an all new story-driven scenario, novel gameplay mechanics, plus original rides, characters and scenery straight from the 1984 classic movie, this new Planet Coaster content pack provides everything players need to create the most authentic Ghostbusters entertainment park seen in a game.

Planet Coaster: Ghostbusters also sees Dan Aykroyd voice his original role as the iconic Raymond Stantz, mentoring players throughout their campaign as they build their park and take care of the ghostly issues that besiege their rides. Joining Aykroyd, William Atherton will also voice his role as Ghostbusters antagonist Walter Peck.

A host of other fan-favourite ghosts and characters will also make appearances as the story progresses, including Slimer, the Stay Puft Marshmallow Man and even the legendary ECTO-1 car. A new interactive dark ride, The Ghostbusters Experience, will allow players to engage in a whole new way as they take on the role of a Ghostbuster to bust ghosts with their particle throwers and log their high score.

Keep an eye on the Planet Coaster social channels for regular updates and further details.

The most ambitious content pack for Planet Coaster to date, Planet Coaster: Ghostbusters includes:

● A fully-voiced, narrative campaign featuring the voice talents of Dan Aykroyd and William Atherton.
● A new interactive ghostbusting ride, The Ghostbusters Experience.
● A new, Slimer-themed kiddie coaster, the RollerGhoster.
● Classic Ghostbusters characters such as Raymond Stantz, Slimer, the Stay Puft Marshmallow Man and a few surprises!
● Authentic scenery pieces and sounds straight from the 1984 original movie, including the Ghostbusters HQ, Spook Central, ECTO-1 and Ray Parker Jr’s classic Ghostbusters theme.

Planet Coaster: Ghostbusters* will be available to purchase from Steam or the Frontier Store for £12.99 ($14.99, €14.99)

Hey everyone. The Planet Coaster website now features some more (exciting) snippets of information about...

Update 1.12 - Planet Coaster: Ghostbusters

Taken from the website;

Featuring an all new story-driven scenario, novel gameplay mechanics, plus original rides, characters and scenery straight from the 1984 classic movie, this new Planet Coaster content pack provides everything players need to create the most authentic Ghostbusters entertainment park seen in a game.

Planet Coaster: Ghostbusters also sees Dan Aykroyd voice his original role as the iconic Raymond Stantz, mentoring players throughout their campaign as they build their park and take care of the ghostly issues that besiege their rides. Joining Aykroyd, William Atherton will also voice his role as Ghostbusters antagonist Walter Peck.

A host of other fan-favourite ghosts and characters will also make appearances as the story progresses, including Slimer, the Stay Puft Marshmallow Man and even the legendary ECTO-1 car. A new interactive dark ride, The Ghostbusters Experience, will allow players to engage in a whole new way as they take on the role of a Ghostbuster to bust ghosts with their particle throwers and log their high score.

Keep an eye on the Planet Coaster social channels for regular updates and further details.

The most ambitious content pack for Planet Coaster to date, Planet Coaster: Ghostbusters includes:

● A fully-voiced, narrative campaign featuring the voice talents of Dan Aykroyd and William Atherton.
● A new interactive ghostbusting ride, The Ghostbusters Experience.
● A new, Slimer-themed kiddie coaster, the RollerGhoster.
● Classic Ghostbusters characters such as Raymond Stantz, Slimer, the Stay Puft Marshmallow Man and a few surprises!
● Authentic scenery pieces and sounds straight from the 1984 original movie, including the Ghostbusters HQ, Spook Central, ECTO-1 and Ray Parker Jr’s classic Ghostbusters theme.

Planet Coaster: Ghostbusters* will be available to purchase from Steam or the Frontier Store for £12.99 ($14.99, €14.99)
Since i'm really not that much into scenarios and all into the creative aspect and since there are only two rides,both reskins,in the pack i really hope that the ghostbusters experience(probably a reskin of the new free ride) is as good as they advertise it and that the scenery is really worth it. I love ghostbusters. I just hope it's nothing like the other licensed packs 😕

You who like to create, you have had your game for long while now, with 100% attention.The game part of the game has been sorely neglected. So please let us have some fun too. You can just simply not buy it if you do not like it.

Exactly my point, at least with the new scenario there is some inspiration to utilise other DLC such as Movie and Spooky pack.

Top Bottom