Planet Coaster - Update 1.13

Paul_Crowther

Community Manager
Frontier
Hello Coaster friends!

Thank you for all of your support last week when we announced that we're bringing Planet Coaster to consoles! It was a big step for us and we loved seeing all the community reactions from both existing and prospective players. We've also enjoyed celebrating our THIRD anniversary with you this past Sunday, during which we quizzed our most knowledgeable PlanCoFam members and gave away a bunch of fun prizes! Again, we absolutely love having you on this rollercoaster ride with us, so thank you for three years of Wonderful Memories.

Today we are releasing Update 1.13 - a Quality of Life update with fixes that we've been working on during the development of Planet Coaster: Console Edition, as well as some issues that have been raised by the Community.

We'll be doing a livestream today at 12PM UTC with Producer Lloyd Morgan-Moore about Planet Coaster: Console Edition and the QoL update, so do check it out when you can!

Here are the full Update Notes:

Performance Improvements
  • Guest physic and Crowd optimisations to help improve frame rate on large Parks
  • Audio code performance improvements
  • Ride placement improvements
General Fixes
  • Crash fix when saving game
  • Fix for recent colours not showing after updating the Staff uniform
  • Fix for Blueprints not appearing in recent items
  • Toolkit recent items list persistent after restart
  • DLC Items defaults to off for new players
  • Placement improvements for Track piece with a lot of join-points
Ride fixes
  • Fix for silent guests on RollerCoaster
  • Fix for Armada Boats moving backwards at the Station
  • Fix for min departure time when testing a ride
  • Custom rides added to recent list
  • Crash fix when deleting the main path for the first placed ride in a park
Localisation fixes
  • Localisation fixes for Ghostbusters scenario

Nice, but i still don't see the audio fix.

When you use a trigged speaker, and use your one sound or music in the music folder.

After a few times the sound is gone, the coaster activate the trigger but there is no sound. When i try i sound test from the speaker i cant here the sound.

When i restart Planet Coaster, then it works again for a few times. After a few minuts the sound is again gone. When i restart planet coaster, then it works again?

When you use a trigged speaker, and use your one sound or music in the music folder.

After a few times the sound is gone, the coaster activate the trigger but there is no sound. When i try i sound test from the speaker i cant here the sound.

When i restart Planet Coaster, then it works again for a few times. After a few minuts the sound is again gone. When i restart planet coaster, then it works again?
I had the Same problem but i found a way that works.

Way 1 put the speakers in a trigger box

Way 2 use display speakers and put a lamp or someting that stay on as long as you whant th

Paul_Crowther

Community Manager
Frontier
I sent email.

If you are still seeing audio issues after this update please can you report them on our Issue Tracker.

Thanks Frontier! Although I do welcome these bug fixes I wish we got a new DLC as well. I hope more Rides DLC’s are in the works.

Last edited:
Oh I like that minimum departure time in test mode fix! That was annoying. My biggest complaint now is how long save and autosave take even in empty parks. I wonder if that has changed. :unsure:

Last edited:

Bo Marit

Lead Community Manager
Frontier
Very interested in having a little bit more clarification on this subject.
What does this mean?

From the ever lovely Mr Chisholm:
So there's certain special pieces in the game that have multiple ends. A good example is the Hubs, Junctions and Dual Sections on the Polarity. Before there were some issues where the 'Connect' widget would struggle to connect properly with these pieces, and would get confused as to which end it was connecting to. Hopefully that's all been fixed in this update!

Hope that clarifies that :D

• Like (+1)
Reactions: LN
From the ever lovely Mr Chisholm:
So there's certain special pieces in the game that have multiple ends. A good example is the Hubs, Junctions and Dual Sections on the Polarity. Before there were some issues where the 'Connect' widget would struggle to connect properly with these pieces, and would get confused as to which end it was connecting to. Hopefully that's all been fixed in this update!

Hope that clarifies that :D

Thank you Bo!
That clarifies it for me!

(y)
Keep up the fantastic work!

The real question is: When are you going official to say that production on Planet Coaster has halted because right now you are basically letting the game freefall into it's demise by not releasing any new content anymore.

The real question is: When are you going official to say that production on Planet Coaster has halted because right now you are basically letting the game freefall into it's demise by not releasing any new content anymore.

Where do you draw the conclusion we aren't getting anything in the future?

Serious problem after this update none of my Sandbox parks can load anymore, when I click resume nothing happens. What is going on and will this be fixed. Parks worked fine last night now the resume button wont do a thing anymore.

Top Bottom