Planet Coaster - Winter Update - Update notes

WELL TKX for the update :) i just have 1 complaint lol i'm trying to do a Fairy X-mas Themed Park in the arctic map... WHY their's only 2 tree with snow!!! i mean...alll the Forest bush should have at least 1 version with snow, cause you know...a park with snow AND flowers when you live like me in Canada, it's not realistic at all ;) and i don't know if it's possible, but it would be so cool to have ski track as a transport ride ;) and a last lol a collection of Ice wall and all the stufff that goes with it ;) i want to build an ice castle :) i luv you guys! your the greatest team of all :)

Last edited:
I was stationed in Alaska with the US Army for 15 months and during the winter snow goggles were a necessity to prevent snow blindness and since this is an Arctic biome sunglasses make sense.

Completely agreed, except for the guy's sandals and swimming trunks. Maybe he is going for frost burn to get some color to those pale legs? :):)

❤︎❤︎❤︎❤︎ me, I just increased all my user custom music tracks by 12 Db with audicity before this patch, LMAO [haha]

Same here, I can hear "Hips Don't Lie" by Shakira all the way from the other side of my park now! [wacky]

Did the audio on the coasters change?

Upto now only the Top Spin sounded like a toy (my opinion), but i get the feeling that the sound of closing the restrains was changed with an unpleasent sound or am i wrong there?
And also the new lift sound, when i am not wrong, seems strange to me.

Last edited:
I have noticed on the lifts of the wooden coaster (haven't checked the steel ones yet) that there seems to be a periodic thump like sound.

Great content you guys have made for us, but things are currently so buggy I think I may have to take a break from the game unfortunately. It's crashing after alt-tabbing out (constantly), guests are flocking to souvenir shops instead of riding rides or getting food, and the new prestige system has caused only one ride to be insanely popular. Other rides that once were popular are getting much less attention since the update along with newer rides.

Edit: I forgot to mention the "flocking" is causing complete path blockage and guests almost completely migrating to one side of the park.

Last edited:
It's an issue not to be able to paint anything that looks like snow on terrain. Having all the snow scenery but not being able to create a snow themed area is a bit annoying. I understand why it isn't happening right now, but if a theme is released, perhaps being able to build that particular theme in its entirety should be considered before release?
All in all. Loving the game. Only other issue I have is that it crashes after about 45 minutes for no reason. Usually when I'm just panning from one side of the park to the other. And I don't have very much.
I think what I'll need to do is uninstall the game(for the second time), delete all related files, the reinstall. I have to manually save the game after I do anything just so I don't lose my progress right now.

I don't know if anyone had post it yet, but I'm a bit upset that the last patch made new items available in challenges parks and not with the last update. So I played a good challenge park and switched to sandbox mode because of missing items. NowI couldn't return and have to build my nice park further in sandbox mode or have to save everything as a blueprint and start a new challenge park. Why couldn't we load a sandbox park in challenge mode? :( #nothappy

I don't know if anyone had post it yet, but I'm a bit upset that the last patch made new items available in challenges parks and not with the last update.

Never play in challenge mode but isn't the whole idea of chalenge mode that you research for the new items?
Personally I prefer to play in sandbox mode because you get everything and there's no time or money limit.

This might not be the best place to post this, but on the website and social media pages it says Planet Coaster is 15% off for the winter sale. And it was indeed 15% off yesterday. However, I just checked and it's full price right now, even though it's still the winter sale, the website and social media say it's still on sale, and it wasn't a daily deal or anything. What's up with that? Also, if you scroll down on the website it says that the game is 25.49 pounds, which is a little more than $30, which it definitely isn't.

Thanks for reading.

Joël

Volunteer Moderator
This might not be the best place to post this, but on the website and social media pages it says Planet Coaster is 15% off for the winter sale. And it was indeed 15% off yesterday. However, I just checked and it's full price right now, even though it's still the winter sale, the website and social media say it's still on sale, and it wasn't a daily deal or anything. What's up with that? Also, if you scroll down on the website it says that the game is 25.49 pounds, which is a little more than $30, which it definitely isn't.

Thanks for reading.

The Steam Winter Sale ended on January 2nd, 2017 (which was yesterday at the time of this post).

Top Bottom