Planet Coaster's Future? Planet Zoo!

I really like that there doing more games with the "Planet" thing. I think the most of the games, are racings, shooting and something about killing each other! I was super glad that froniter development Planet Coaster and I'm happpy that there still support the game! And lets see what there doing more for us! Better and New DLC´s for Planet Coaster or a Planter Coaster 2 or more Planet Stuff! Still happy! Keep Going Frotintier u doing amazing work! =)

Will we still get Planet Coaster DLC every 3-5 months? Will it continue to grow?....
So what does everyone else think? :cool:
Hmmm ... because of the similar look and style of both games, we will maybe get some DLC, that we can use in both games. So we could have Ride-DLC's for PlanCo, Animal-DLC's for PlanZo and Scenery, Building Tools, Foliage for both games. Sound like a nice idea.

Thanks Paul for confirming that Planet Coaster will continue with new content. Planet Coaster is my favorite game.

That's not what Paul said. His post is basically a political statement that neither confirms nor denies that the game is end of life. It just states that they are proud of how the game evolved and that the game is still important to them (read: still making some money and being a great learning experience for future titles).

There was this leaked Frontier roadmap that doesn't bode too well for PlanCo 1. But since we apparently don't talk about that here, I'll just happily play along and pretend it doesn't exist. Although that roadmap did mention some Elite stuff and Planet Zoo that just turned out to be for real, so it probably wasn't so fake after all. But hey, who you gonna call? ;)

I (personally) think it's safe to assume that we can expect a few more DLC's like we've already had, most probably some rides, and that's it. I don't expect fundamentally changing stuff and new features. We're past that stage of development, as you can tell from the toned down free updates we've been getting.

If that's bad or disappointing is up to everyone themselves to decide. Everyone has their own wishlist of things they'd want in the game, but it's just not realistic to fulfill everyone's wishes. Who knows, maybe PC2 is in early stages of development already. Time will tell. However, I don't think Planet Zoo changes anything in regards to PC's development cycle. As Bitter Jeweler said, they've been working on this for a long time, even in the time when we did have bigger PC updates.

What Bitter Jeweler said is right. They've been working on Planet Zoo 2 years ago at the same time they were giving us new content for Planet Coaster. So I wouldn't say Frontier is done giving us DLC's for Planet Coaster just because they announced a new game. Time will tell. I feel that we will get some DLC's for Planet Zoo but I think we will get more for Planet Coaster.

That's not what Paul said. His post is basically a political statement that neither confirms nor denies that the game is end of life. It just states that they are proud of how the game evolved and that the game is still important to them (read: still making some money and being a great learning experience for future titles).

There was this leaked Frontier roadmap that doesn't bode too well for PlanCo 1. But since we apparently don't talk about that here, I'll just happily play along and pretend it doesn't exist. Although that roadmap did mention some Elite stuff and Planet Zoo that just turned out to be for real, so it probably wasn't so fake after all. But hey, who you gonna call? ;)

Where is that roadmap?

The original topics have since been removed from both 4Chan and Reddit, wich can either mean it was too close to the fire or total nonesense. Anyway, plenty of Youtube movies and game media have since reported on it, including our neighbours on the Elite forums. This thread on Frontier's own server is still very active and was not locked or removed:
https://forums.frontier.co.uk/threads/roadmap-leaked.509196/

TLDNR; Planet Coaster is out of active development and will only get milked with a few more low hanging fruit DLC packs, including one about Ghostbusters for some reason. Planet Coaster 2, aka project Einstein is in very early stages and may or may not be a collaboration with Disney. Planet Zoo is a thing now of course, and the newly acquired license that was hyped some time back, seems to be just a sequel to Jurassic World Evolution.

• Like (+1)
Reactions: LN
The original topics have since been removed from both 4Chan and Reddit, wich can either mean it was too close to the fire or total nonesense. Anyway, plenty of Youtube movies and game media have since reported on it, including our neighbours on the Elite forums. This thread on Frontier's own server is still very active and was not locked or removed:
https://forums.frontier.co.uk/threads/roadmap-leaked.509196/

TLDNR; Planet Coaster is out of active development and will only get milked with a few more low hanging fruit DLC packs, including one about Ghostbusters for some reason. Planet Coaster 2, aka project Einstein is in very early stages and may or may not be a collaboration with Disney. Planet Zoo is a thing now of course, and the newly acquired license that was hyped some time back, seems to be just a sequel to Jurassic World Evolution.

Ah thanks. Just to be clear, I wasn't saying you were talking . I wasn't demanding proof, I was more interested in the how and where. I will dive deeper into that thread. Thanks

What does maintenance mode mean? That's what the leaked roadmap said on a video. The roadmap leak was posted on the Frontier forums. It said Planet Coaster is currently in maintenance mode, so only a few small ride packs to come. Currently working on a Ghostbusters pack. What I'm guessing is that Planet Coaster will not receive the RCT3 treatment with waterparks and zoos especially since they're making a separate zoo game, they will release a few more coaster/flat ride packs but not make any changes to the core code to allow non-ride attractions like 3D cinema, mini golf, etc. like the first 3 RCT's had if any changes to the code are required for those attractions. Which is a bit disappointing. The initial water rides like log flume and rapids feel as if they were hastily thrown together just to appease the whiners who wanted them. They are nice, but the RCT3 rapids both versions had waterfall sections and all, and the Planet flume has those drop pieces which must be used for steep drops and the angle of the drops and lifts cannot be changed.

Last edited:
Maybe Frontier should change their new slogan "simulation runs wild" into "speculations runs wild".

A big request from me to Robert K. Please finally give up hope that Planet Coaster will eventually become RCT3 2. 0. Even in many real parks time has not stood still and there are now far more interesting rides than those offered to us over 10 years ago in RCT3 and the expansion packs. Rides in which you can see the guests from the outside, experience their reactions, are simply more fun while watching than rides in which an object simply moves in several directions or simply turns. And Frontier has explained more than once that there will be no water parks or animal parks within PlanCo. But of course, you can always post here and anywhere whatever you want. I just post here my own opinion (but I think, Im not alone).

I have absolutely no problem that Planet Coaster and Planet Zoo are independent of each other. I just hope that they both compliment each other with more content and improvements etc.

I have absolutely no problem that Planet Coaster and Planet Zoo are independent of each other. I just hope that they both compliment each other with more content and improvements etc.
Yes I do hope that Planet Coaster and Planet Zoo will compliment each other at some point. I hope Frontier will keep giving us more content for Planet Coaster. I feel that Planet Coaster still has some room to grown.

While I think Planet Zoo will look great in the graphical sense, I haven't decided yet if I will buy it. Mainly because it looks like it will have a lot of management type duties. Again, I'm not knocking it. Just saying that the game play may be an issue for me.

Last edited:
What I'm guessing is that Planet Coaster will not receive the RCT3 treatment with waterparks and zoos

ehhh, This was obvious from the beginning.
I know you wanted this to be RCT3++ but it's not happening.

At least you left the G-word out of this respond......

Top Bottom