Planet Coaster's Future? Planet Zoo!

We’ve supported Planet Coaster with free and premium content since its launch in November 2016 and we’re very proud of how the game has grown and developed over time. Planet Coaster remains an important game to us.
This is an INSULT to all fans of Planet Coaster that have spent some more than thousand hours in the game, and have bought all the DLC's.
This should have been a Full-priced-Expansion-pack to Planet Coaster of course.
Planet Zoo IS Planet Coaster, just with the Rides and coasters removed.... And maybe with different building-materials.

It would have been great with all the animals in Planco.... But it is all about the MONEY, so screw you planco fans(n)

This is an INSULT to all fans of Planet Coaster that have spent some more than thousand hours in the game, and have bought all the DLC's.
Planet Zoo IS Planet Coaster, just with the Rides and coasters removed.... And maybe with different building-materials.

It would have been great with all the animals in Planco.... But it is all about the MONEY, so screw you planco fans(n)

Animal behavior looks to be very deep in PZ, so we don't know that PC could have handled that large additional layer of computing.

I don't find it an 'insult' at all personally. But then I had no expectations that it should have been an expansion pack, I'm thinking probably people who liked zoo sims might not care about coasters either so it's impossible to please everyone. Would it be great if both games could be linked somehow? Absolutely agree! But it doesn't sound like that is possible. I don't think it's necessarily just about the money, it's probably also about what they can get the game engine to do...

You might know by now, i can be very critical when i see the need for it, and i get your position on this clearly.

But here's the but, sure the game builds on the same structure as PlanCo does, but firstly, if you bought all dlc and such for PlanCo,
why would that take away from the experience, if a different but very similar game is being released?
Because, probably you would have liked to have it all in one game. Of course that would be the perfect scenario, but given that PlanCo is already on the verge of its performance capabilities, it's wiser to "make a fresh start". It's either that or a new PlanCo, which from any point of view wouldn't be a good corporate decision to make. Maybe in 2 years, but now, just wouldn't make much sense. If PlanetZoo had DX11 and DX12 parallel, which has been a critique point on PlanCo for some time now. Last time it was brought up was at the end of last year, plus them being separate games won't ultimately mean they won't be connected in some shape or form.

If Planet Coaster 2 has everything from the start that Planet Coaster has and more. I welcome PC2! More as in better graphics, better running performance. Hopefully have all steam blueprints crossover. Paths that save with blueprints. An improved fireworks sequencer! I honestly forget it’s there and I used it all the time in RCT3. Better water features not necessarily for water parks. But more interactive. So we can have moving steams and connect body’s of water together at different levels with waterfalls. And maybe a land generator for us peeps that don’t have the patience to build from scratch and need inspiration other than a flat map! Suggestion for the zoo give us zoo animals aniamatronics! Nothing makes me happier than playing an hour or two of Planet Coaster! PC2 bring it on Frontier!
I get why you would the same rides and coasters seing ported over but the same blueprints? Seems too much and wouldn't make much sense.

I get why you would the same rides and coasters seing ported over but the same blueprints? Seems too much and wouldn't make much sense.
If it’s impractical I understand! But if it’s possible who wouldn’t want their steam blueprint creations in PC2.

As much as I would love this, Planet Coaster is cpu heavy as is and merging the two games would probably crash the game or give us very little fps. Plus, with Planet Zoo being a separate game, they can go more in depth, and make it the best Zoo game out there. If they merge the two games together we would have less from Planet Zoo and some things that are already in the game wouldn't be possible in Planet Coaster like better water physics, weather, and etc. Besides, it would be hard to focus trying to build a theme park and try to take care of animals all at the same time.

If they make Planet Splash as a separate game rather than as an add-on to Planet Coaster, I might be mad. They said that water parks weren't possible in Planet
Coaster for some reason. Maybe in Planet Coaster 2. Planet Splash would be an excellent choice for the title of a water park game though. I would rather though have the ability to have water parks in Planet Coaster like RCT3. And with the toolkit, we can fake zoos, there have been animals made already.

As much as I would love this, Planet Coaster is cpu heavy as is and merging the two games would probably crash the game or give us very little fps. Plus, with Planet Zoo being a separate game, they can go more in depth, and make it the best Zoo game out there. If they merge the two games together we would have less from Planet Zoo and some things that are already in the game wouldn't be possible in Planet Coaster like better water physics, weather, and etc. Besides, it would be hard to focus trying to build a theme park and try to take care of animals all at the same time.
I think they should make Planet Coaster a DX-11, and DX-12 Game... that would make it run much better right? I am no computer-expert though.
It would have been really cool to combine the 2. We could have had a LOT of fun.....
Taking care of the Animals is the least of the problems i am guessing. I think the STAFF can handle that all by them self (?)

Paul_Crowther

Community Manager
Frontier

Planet Zoo is a fundamentally different experience to Planet Coaster, with a whole game’s worth of content. While Planet Coaster and Planet Zoo live in a similar universe they are different games.

Planet Zoo is a fundamentally different experience to Planet Coaster, with a whole game’s worth of content. While Planet Coaster and Planet Zoo live in a similar universe they are different games.

I'll actually have to agree, i see no point in it being a DLC instead. This would severely limit the development of a possibly very addicitve and atmospheric game.
It's also been a few years since the development of PlanCo and there are a lot of lessons learned from it i'm sure. PZ's development will benefit from that.

I will for example NOT buy it.
BUT i would have bought it if it was an expansion to PC though, so maybe they will lose money on it... Lets hope so.
Frontier should have improved the performance of planco FIRST instead of spending time on other products. I bought a new PC with a RTX 2080 Card just to run the game better. Runs like a snail in glue with a broken shell, in some big parks.. Or if there is to many guests. I wanted to cry.

A Frontier Meeting= Making PLANCO run better will EARN us, hmm let see now....0 Dollars. What, ZERO dollars!!?....ok Screw them then.

BUT i would have bought it if it was an expansion to PC though, so maybe they will lose money on it... Lets hope so.
Frontier should have improved the performance of planco FIRST instead of spending time on other products. I bought a new PC with a RTX 2080 Card just to run the game better. Runs like a snail in glue with a broken shell, in some big parks.. Or if there is to many guests. I wanted to cry.

A Frontier Meeting= Making PLANCO run better will EARN us, hmm let see now....0 Dollars. What, ZERO dollars!!?....ok Screw them then.

Wow, they will lose 1 whole sale.....

I have a i5-6500 and a GTX1050, probably cost half of what you paid, but the game runs perfectly.

Do you think this kind of posts will help you get what you want?

I get it, but there is a lot to the performance issues that PlanCo has at times. The TMTK items do play into the mix as well. If you run a park with some of the heavier TMTK items your performance WILL suffer big time.
What Frontier COULD do here would be to either implement some kind of QA check for TMTK assets or something of the like to at least take SOME drain away.
But PlanCo is really running at the pinnacle of its capabilities with DX11 (and no you can't just switch it to DX12, would have to reprog the whole game and engine, which i assume they are doing for PZ)

Wow, they will lose 1 whole sale.....

I have a i5-6500 and a GTX1050, probably cost half of what you paid, but the game runs perfectly.

Do you think this kind of posts will help you get what you want?
<not really needed is it?>
You pc does NOT run the game perfectly on BIG steam-parks with 5000-10 000guests. Or if they Built to much stuff. Tell that to someone who also believes in Santa Claus

I have a i7 -8700 With the RTX 2080 card.....Hmm. i think i made a mistake!!!! i should have bough a i5-6500!...damn. That would have made the game run Great..

Last edited by a moderator:
You pc does NOT run the game perfectly on BIG steam-parks with 5000-10 000guests. Or if they Built to much stuff. Tell that to someone who also believes in Santa Claus

I have a i7 -8700 With the RTX 2080 card.....Hmm. i think i made a mistake!!!! i should have bough a i5-6500!...damn. That wpild have made the game run Great..-

Keep in mind, there might be other processes slowing down your PC, it's not a simple matter.

I have a i7 -8700 With the RTX 2080 card.....Hmm. i think i made a mistake!!!! i should have bough a i5-6500!...damn. That would have made the game run Great..

How do you know?
You haven't been there when I run the game.

I think it runs EXCELLENT.

Top Bottom