Horizons Planet showcase - post your most beautiful shots that you are really proud of

Found myself back at Skardee today while looking for an Interstellar Factor. Only one thing to do while I'm here ..

Owww, hot hot hot ...

AQKh3XE.png

.. and where the hell is my escape vector? (oh ... right into the star!)

CkVfN5F.png
Impressive ! 😓

First ever screenshot I took in Elite. 7th of May, 2015. Perfectly encapsulates the sense of awe, wonder, and adventure waiting ahead that I had when I was starting to play this game. From time to time I look through my first screenshots and they bring the feeling back. Making me return to the game again and again. Screenshot itself is nothing special to anybody, but me. Reminder of a great moment, having great time with one of my hobbies :) I know it's not from Horizons. It wasn't even out then yet. It's a planet though :D

h70j2Ro.jpg

Last edited:
Im sorry if this is a bit off topic, as there are no planets, but I have just been to The Devil's Dancefloor and this system is too amazing, not to post the pictures....
The main star is a 10 SM BH.

That is a binary, with this Neutron Star

Then 2 more Neutron stars orbit each other

And close up...

And here, 3 of the 4 neutron stars can be seen warping through the BH....Incredible!

Where are the planet pics?
Yeah, if you read my original post, I did apologise for slightly off topic, but I didn't think anybody would mind me sharing the best set of pics I've ever shared on this thread. You didn't complain about somebody sharing a screenshot of the galaxy map, above :p
I'll delete the post if you want, but it's a shame?

Yeah, if you read my original post, I did apologise for slightly off topic, but I didn't think anybody would mind me sharing the best set of pics I've ever shared on this thread. You didn't complain about somebody sharing a screenshot of the galaxy map, above :p
I'll delete the post if you want, but it's a shame?
Nah, those are stunning pics, and the complaint goes to anyone who didn't post a planet pic in this particular thread for pics of planets.
But there's a sticky screenies thread right besides this one, and a few suitable ones in the Exploration subforum too. ;)

Nah, those are stunning pics, and the complaint goes to anyone who didn't post a planet pic in this particular thread for pics of planets.
But there's a sticky screenies thread right besides this one, and a few suitable ones in the Exploration subforum too. ;)
Yeah. Fair enough. I just specifically wanted to share it with the people on this thread, to be honest. Everyone on here posts incredible stuff, and I was just a little proud of this particular set and thought some of you might appreciate it, even if it is slightly off topic

Yeah. Fair enough. I just specifically wanted to share it with the people on this thread, to be honest. Everyone on here posts incredible stuff, and I was just a little proud of this particular set and thought some of you might appreciate it, even if it is slightly off topic

I imagine there is a lot of overlap between the set of people who browse the general screenshot thread and the set of those who browse this thread.

So, I usually don't post screenshots, but since I am on my way to the heart and soul nebula, and then to the rift I figured I might.
Screenshot #1: Planet right outside of the Witch Head Nebula Science Center.
Screenshot#2: A planet in the GCRV 2234 system.
Screeshot#3: An ice planet in the veil west nebula.

Enjoy!

Attachments

• 20190410165326_1.jpg
    20190410165326_1.jpg
    132.2 KB · Views: 284
  • 20190828164814_1.jpg
    20190828164814_1.jpg
    89.2 KB · Views: 287
  • 20190513233149_1.jpg
    20190513233149_1.jpg
    99.6 KB · Views: 276
Top Bottom