Planet Surface Scan bugged or broken?

I actually found this bug in the "issue tracker" and it would seem that it did not get enough votes to stay alive and thus has been ignored...

After completing a planetary surface scan, it yields targets on your radar. On console ps4 horizons this worked flawlessly. However since I have moved from console to PC, every target shows up as before EXCEPT Geological. Kinda makes SRV surface blasting for resources a crap shoot.

I tried the "issue tracker" thing but all I could find was how to see what had been reported, not voted on and expired... But NOT how to submit the bug.

What I want to know is if this is some sort of bug for my machine... or does EVERYONE deal with this and just not enough people cared to vote on it?

After completing a planetary surface scan, it yields targets on your radar. On console ps4 horizons this worked flawlessly. However since I have moved from console to PC, every target shows up as before EXCEPT Geological. Kinda makes SRV surface blasting for resources a crap shoot.

We talking Odyssey? Because they changed the way they show up in the FSS and these changes haven't yet been passed on to consoles. Geo don't show POI's in Odyssey anymore, you need to use the location map like bio's.

Such a horrible system to report FD’s bugs to them. If YOU don’t lobby to get enough votes on your bug report submission, they consider your time and report to be worthless and it is automatically “retired”. I refuse to use this bug reporting system for this reason. Gone are the days of professionalism, where companies exhibit pride and ownership, and ensure their own quality by promptly finding and fixing their own mistakes.

Such a horrible system to report FD’s bugs to them. If YOU don’t lobby to get enough votes on your bug report submission, they consider your time and report to be worthless and it is automatically “retired”. I refuse to use this bug reporting system for this reason. Gone are the days of professionalism, where companies exhibit pride and ownership, and ensure their own quality by promptly finding and fixing their own mistakes.

Maybe it's to discourage bug reports that aren't actually bugs filling up the bug report forum. If someone puts up a bug report that isn't actually a bug then no-one will vote for it and it will vanish, entirely correct, and if it is a bug, well other people will encounter it and look for bug reports to upvote, seems to be working as intended.

If you don't get enough votes on your bug report then that's probably because it's not a bug!

Just as well this isn't bugged or broken then ;)

is for me. I see now that they changed the function of it it so that you see differing color patches with filters that do not show up on my screen. Planet just turns blue when Its at 100% scanned. They basically made a great system, stupid and next to impossible for people with color blindness, like me. Combine that with an older graphic card, and the surface scan game is pointless to me as it tells me nothing in the way of material gathering.

is for me. I see now that they changed the function of it it so that you see differing color patches with filters that do not show up on my screen. Planet just turns blue when Its at 100% scanned. They basically made a great system, stupid and next to impossible for people with color blindness, like me. Combine that with an older graphic card, and the surface scan game is pointless to me as it tells me nothing in the way of material gathering.

If they turn all blue it means vulcanism either is spread right across the planet, or you have left it on show all and not changed the filters using the keys assigned to do that, either way it is working as intended and designed, just because you think it's broken doesn't mean it is, maybe you haven't worked out how to properly use the new system yet. There are a number of threads around explaining how to do this.

Top Bottom