Planet Zoo - 1.0.2 Update Notes

Chante Goodman

Community Manager
Frontier
Hayo zookeepers!

Thank you for all of your wonderfully useful feedback regarding Planet Zoo so far! Thanks to all the reports our community have made, we've been able to implement a wide variety of fixes. We hope that Update 1.0.2 improves your Planet Zoo experience, but please continue to talk to us on the forums and file reports in the Issue Tracker if you feel you're experiencing an issue that has not been addressed.

Here's the Update Notes:

Animals
  • Fixed a number of cases where animals might ignore food placed in their habitat.
  • Fix for animal shake behaviour which could lead to them temporarily getting stuck.
  • Fixed issue where going from water to climbing frames could get animals stuck in a loop.
  • Fix for boxed animals reporting that they are escaped incorrectly.
  • Fix for animals walking on water when using climbing frames in water.
  • Fix for animals jumping incorrectly, which could lead to them becoming stuck on shelter roofs.
  • Animals group together more often to encourage herding.
  • Improvements to animals boxing unexpectedly.
  • Increased population and sex limits of Timber Wolf and African Wild Dog allowing for larger, relatively peaceful packs that still Alpha fight infrequently.
  • Fix for some animals being pushed through the floor when being tranquilised.
  • Fixed discrepancy in how Exhibit Animal welfare was being reported.
Staff
  • Fix for Staff getting stuck when navigating.
  • Fix for Vet getting stuck when Vet and Caretaker were both sent to do the same job.
  • Fix for Mechanics navigating to vandalised objects they shouldn't be able to reach.
  • Fix for Mechanic sliding whilst repairing objects.
  • Vendors will now leave newly placed shops if they are unpowered.
Guests
  • Fix for guests getting stuck when navigating.
  • Guest thoughts about ticket prices should now update more quickly.
  • Reduced loss of guest happiness from bad education sources.
  • Fix for guest thoughts reporting animal visibility incorrectly; guests will report good views!
Sandbox Mode
  • Added option to limit guest numbers; you can find this setting under Settings - Game - Current Save Settings (as a tick box).
Stability
  • Multiple crash and stability fixes.
Franchise Mode
  • Better notifications for failed connections.
  • Fix for guest avatars showing no name.
  • Seriously injured animals can't now be traded.
  • Locked the entrance gates so they can't accidentally be deleted.
  • Fixed issue with friend list sometimes populating incorrectly.
  • Added an icon to the Animal Exchange which will mark animals with albinism/leucism.
  • Optimisations on server load.
Career Mode
  • Stars should now show correctly on Career Mode saves.
  • Fixed an issue causing the 'raise barrier height' objective in Scenario 1 to not complete when multi-selecting barriers.
  • Added hint for Scenario 3 to locate workshop objective.
  • Fixed Scenario 3 objective logic to include Giant Pandas that have already been sent to Quarantine.
  • Stopped Scenario 3 Giant Pandas being able to be released to the wild.
  • Changed Scenario 5 bronze education objective to use star rating.
  • Updated time of day in Scenario 8.
  • Fixed issue with tutorial hint tips disappearing.
Building and Editing
  • Fixed case where pressing X would stop toggling between rotate and movement in advanced movement mode.
  • Fix for placement options not showing for duplicated objects
  • Enable setting flexicolour for multiple items in group edit mode.
  • Copy and pasting education objects now retains the assigned education topic.
  • Fixed issue where deleting and undoing deletion of facilities and power sources could cause the facilities to be incorrectly unpowered.
UI
  • The Trade Centre should now report animals' correct 'source' information.
  • Fixed some errors in the Zoopedia regarding age of maturity.
  • Y axis on finance graph now reports figures above £100,000 correctly.
  • Fix for sorting Exhibit Animals by species.
  • Fixed issue when saving a blueprint with quotation marks in the name would cause them not to show up in game.
  • Added bar to transport ride UI to show wear and tear.
  • Fixed unresponsive UI elements when clicking off Zoopedia.
  • When locating an animal in the animal management menu it will now open the animal's information panel.
  • Animal information panel enrichment bar now shows correct value.
  • Switched the position of Staff thoughts and Staff needs in their info panel.
  • Notifications for Staff not being able to find Staff Centre or Keeper Huts are now red and pop out.
  • Fix for animal information panel not updating to dead animal information panel.
  • Added alerts for inaccessible Power and Water Treatment Facilities.
  • Fixed discrepancy in loan repayments being reported incorrectly.
Barriers
  • Animals can now escape via climbable chain link fences.
  • Fix for animals pouncing through walls.
Feeders
  • Increased the capacity of the Forage Pool Enrichment Feeder to help with feeding issues.
Scenery & Foliage
  • We solved the case of the mysterious missing D alphabet letter!
  • Adjusted which branches can be climbed on the large pines.
Achievements
  • The 'Welcome to Planet Zoo' achievement should now unlock correctly for people who played the Beta.
Audio
  • Fix for audio occasionally briefly cutting out.

We are now working on Sandbox Mode additions, and have more fixes in progress for issues which you’ve raised which we hope to release in the next Planet Zoo update. Thank you again for all of your kind support!
Chanté 🥳🦁

thank you 😸

question, could this update cause a problem with bengal tigers fighting due to overpopulation? I moved the grown ups to the trade center ( like I always did) and the parents still fight. I removed the parents and put in a new couple and they also fighting . I never had this problem untill today, it started about 15-20 minutes ago.
I used the heatmap, only 2 tigers in the enclosure and I breed them since the tiger challenge :oops:

Bo Marit

Lead Community Manager
Frontier
So no slower time progression? No better optimization for FPS or guest control for Challange Mode?

Don't worry Sparky, this is one update and like we said in the post, it doesn't mean we are not also looking at other feedback. The team have done a brilliant job doing so many fixes in so little time, so please be patient while we prioritise issues to get as many things sorted as possible. After that we will continue doing updates and looking at more long-term improvements. Thanks for understanding!

Increased population and sex limits of Timber Wolf and African Wild Dog allowing for larger, relatively peaceful packs that still Alpha fight infrequently.
Please fix other Animals too. I've made a list with Animals that have a unrealistic Group-Size https://forums.frontier.co.uk/threads/animals-with-too-small-group-size.528677/

Sandbox Mode
  • Added option to limit guest numbers; you can find this setting under Settings - Game - Current Save Settings (as a tick box).
Please add this also for Franchise-Mode. My Game crashes when there are to many Guests. I have more than 3000 Guests in my first Zoo and because of that I can't play anymore in this Zoo

Thank you devs for working on this. I appreciate you taking the time and listening to feedback as well. I saw you had over 3,000 tickets in that you were investigating and understand that takes up a lot of time (along with reading these forums and other social sites). Thanks again for the hard work to continue to make the game better.

While not all fixes are out there for what everyone wants... taking a small step forward is better than not taking any step at all!

Keep up the good work!

After being a bit disenfranchised post-launch (pun only partially intended), it's pleasing to see this update - it's not a complete list of everything I would want but there are only so many hours in the day and this is a solid starting point! I particularly like the changes to the wild dog and wolf social groups. Nice work Frontier.

Nice too see the bugfixes.

Id suggest taking a look at the bug that in career mode water treatment does not work for large bodies of water that already come with the scenario, like the river in the 4th scenario (1st non-tutorial) or the middle lake in the 5th scenario. All my animals that used those got sick and independent of how many water treatment facilities I added it did not solve the problem, that makes finishing scenario 05 almost impossible.

Top Bottom