Planet Zoo 2 or very long support for this beauty?

Don't really think so. I for one am mostly interested in building videos and although I try to keep my piece count reasonable, I enjoy watching these videos with 1000ds of pieces nevertheless. There are always inspiring twists and tips and tricks to be seen.

Just to be clear, your personal experience isn't evidence one way or the other, it's just your personal experience. Since we don't have access to YouTube data, we can only make guesses as to why views are diminishing. I think it's reasonable to say that the videos are simply getting kind of boring and repetitive.

I am not an expert on engines. i know it doesnt work and it's not following the "create the zoo of your dreams" moto. no i cant create it if its moving as slow as a snail and when im hovering over crowds its like getting a slow motioned seizure.
Also dont "recommend" 4770K/Ryzen 5 1600 and 1070/580 when it wont be stable even with much better hardware than that. Either dont "recommend" anything or actually say something like "yeah we recommend these until you reach 2.5-3k guests.. if you exceed that number good night and good luck."
No company ever does that anywhere in the gaming world. They recommend the minimum to get the minimum out of the game, like everyone else.

I definitely don't think we can measure the success of a DLC or interest in the game in general with views of one person's YouTube videos.

No company ever does that anywhere in the gaming world. They recommend the minimum to get the minimum out of the game, like everyone else.
yeah but sadly (obviously) these werent the minimum. minimum were something along the lines of gtx 770 and fx 6350 lmao

Depends. Do we get diving animations and new features.
If so a very long support would be great. If we only get DLC's like the past 3 dlc's than I rather see a new planet zoo in 2 -3 years.

Just because you want some game changer. And there are still some cool zoo features to be added. The diving mechanics being the most important. However, also being able to build (some kind) of avaries for example. Or simply peacocks and other bird laying eggs would also be a cool feature.

So yeah, I dont mind either. As long was new features/game changers will be part of it. Which we do not yet see in the DLC (even though the last free update was pretty sweet).

Just to be clear, your personal experience isn't evidence one way or the other, it's just your personal experience. Since we don't have access to YouTube data, we can only make guesses as to why views are diminishing. I think it's reasonable to say that the videos are simply getting kind of boring and repetitive.

Yes, it is my personal opinion and yes, it is no evidence (never claimed that though).
And that the videos are boring is your personal opinion (and no evidence either).

My argument (you forgot to mention) is, that there are more youtube-creators now than there were a few months ago, when the game was new. And nobody has so much time as to watch every video, therefore the views are spread between them, making in sum less for each creator. (Or less for some and more for some others.)

Edit:
So I don't see, why the complains of some creators about less views should be an argument for players getting bored with the game and the game beeing abandoned by Frontier soon
What I see (when I look on my growing list of youtube-channels-abos and looking on the steam workshop) is a thriving community.

Last edited:
As someone who interacts a lot with the YouTube Community, I can say that I shift whom I watch. Can only speak for me, but my views on some of the big ones are missing, because of personal reasons and conflicting personalities. Wouldn't call the content boring though. Actually, I easily watch PZ content two to three hours a day. But I began to prefer a mixture of well-knowen channels and smaller ones.

In general I find it boring to watch other people play games, where is the fun in that I would ask.
It's great for getting new ideas, but I don't necessarely need to watch entire video's for that.

I prefer very long support, unless birds and aquatic features are somehow possible on a different equipment set and not the current one, then, scratch the whole game and roll out the next one.

In general I find it boring to watch other people play games, where is the fun in that I would ask.
It's great for getting new ideas, but I don't necessarely need to watch entire video's for that.

I ask the same thing about people watching sports, to be honest.

I tend to enjoy the builds that look like 'real zoos'. It gets me pumped up to play and it really does make it feel like I'm watching an actual zoo be designed. One of the things I don't like about DeLady, as the proffered example, is that her builds are frequently pure fantasy (which is great for a game like Coaster). Rudi is usually my go-to, especially his Yosemite Valley Zoo. I wasn't a big fan of Koali by the middle of it because they started turning it into a sort of resort rather than a zoo.

I watch no other lets play videos than PZ and Planco, because I find it boring. But the creativity of these people inspire me and calm me and give me a goal in my gaming life. One day, I want to look at pieces and see them as abstract as they do. I love projects that are totally not what Frontier meant with this game (The dutch farm builds from Jurre and Zoofluencer come to my mind), recreations from existing zoos that show greatly how you can solve problems when recreating (BeyondDrews recreation series of Brookfield Zoo and the Pairi Daiza recreation of CharPaca) or simply zoos that make me wonder if we even play the same game (Tharmachati from @Iben / ZWED and Suyana from @sdanwolf ).

Last but not least I love story telling zoos. BestInSlot is great for it with all his zoos, as is Jonti / Geekism with Nuna Kanata, but unfortunately this series is discontinued. (I'm still wheeping)

Plus, I love a good part of this community, because most of them are very kind people I love to chat with. Lets say I made kind of friends among them. And being mentioned in the last twitter action to hilight creators as a content creator even though I do close to nothing meant a lot to me and kicked my currently depressive poopmachine to work on myself and my building skills even more. And it sowed me that to some people my support, my creativity and my passion to fangirl :D actually means something. So yeah, next to the obvious reasons to watch Planet Zoo content, I also have emotional ones.

Last edited:
Depends. Do we get diving animations and new features.
If so a very long support would be great. If we only get DLC's like the past 3 dlc's than I rather see a new planet zoo in 2 -3 years.

Just because you want some game changer. And there are still some cool zoo features to be added. The diving mechanics being the most important. However, also being able to build (some kind) of avaries for example. Or simply peacocks and other bird laying eggs would also be a cool feature.

So yeah, I dont mind either. As long was new features/game changers will be part of it. Which we do not yet see in the DLC (even though the last free update was pretty sweet).
Of course this was my thought as well. Longer support means new features :)

Top Bottom