🐧 Planet Zoo: Aquatic Pack arriving 8 December! 🐧

Chante Goodman

Community Manager
Frontier
Hayo Zookeepers!

Since we launched Planet Zoo over a year ago, we've visited various landscapes: we've trekked through the freezing tundra; hiked around the lush, dense jungle; journeyed across the Australian Outback, all to meet the various species in those regions and learn more about them! But, there was something we just couldn't get out of our minds, somewhere we wanted to explore further, but just weren't quite able to. Until now.

It is our absolute pleasure to announce the Planet Zoo: Aquatic Pack, which will be making a splash alongside free Update 1.4 on 8 December, 2020!

In the Planet Zoo: Aquatic Pack, you'll meet five stunning, iconic animals, including four deep swimming animals and one exhibit animal which will arrive with a new exhibit landscape! Get ready to meet the wonderful Diamondback Terrapin, charming Giant Otter, beautiful Cuvier's Dwarf Caiman, brilliant Grey Seal and adventurous King Penguin. With the introduction of deep swimming, which we will be sharing more on very soon, these animals will come with their own challenges, as they have specific needs you'll need to keep in mind when building their habitats, to keep them happy and safe.

PZ_Aquatic_Paid_Screenshots_Watermarked_Foliage&Scenery_05_960x540.jpg

Alongside the animals, the Planet Zoo: Aquatic Pack will bring 170+ scenery, building and foliage assets, which will enable you to build a water wonderland your animals will thrive in. These assets in this pack have a more 'modern' look, meaning they have a lot of versatility and can be used in a wide range of zoos - something that a lot of community members shared that they were looking for!

That's not all! We're also bringing you a brand new timed scenario! You'll be travelling over to Oregon, USA, to take on the task of managing a zoo that's set around a drained riverbed. This zoo will test your abilities, thanks to its tight space restrictions, and you'll need to think outside the box of how to make the best of the space you have - but don't worry! What this zoo lacks in space, it makes up for in elevation.

PZ_Aquatic_Paid_Screenshots_Watermarked_Foliage&Scenery_06_960x540.jpg

Planet Zoo: Aquatic Pack will be available to purchase for £7.99 ($9.99, €9.99) on Steam and the Frontier Store from 8 December. Until then, you can wishlist it on Steam to be notified as soon as it's available. Please note you will need to have the Planet Zoo base game in order to download and play this extra content.

Thank you, fellow Zookeepers, for all of your support! We're excited to bring this highly requested content to you, and we can't wait to see you play it! Keep an eye on our forums and social channels for all the news and announcements.

This is like Christmas comming early this year!! Thank you very much for the extra work I am sure it was to deliver us truly diving mechanism and able to get these awesome animals! I also love the look of these pieces, exactly what I was missing in PZ, more artificial looking rocks are awesome!

Although I have to admit I do not know how to feel without a sea lion, such icon and my favourite animal :(

Awesome! :love:
I always believed the team could make diving work, if they wanted(y) And you always just proof what amazing devs you are with each DLC/Update:giggle:

I am really, really looking forward to the 8th and cant wait to see the other animals - especially the seal🥰

I love the scenery and the building pieces. The mechanics are the game changing element that we so deperatley needed and that will hopefully bring a lot of players back to the game - which in returns would mean more income for Frontier and maybe a longer lifespan for the game. Seals and otters were some species I desperately longed for (though I would have prefered other subspecies). So I'm looking forward to this pack and I'm sure the devs had worked hard to make diving etc. possible. I appreciate the work that has been put into this.

But... only 5 animals. Again. That was the ONE pack that definately needed more and where more animals could, in my opinion, easily implemented. Other types of penguins, the (in zoos)more common small clawed otter, the harbour seal. The small amount of animals simply do not fit the game and if it goes on like this, we have a wonderful and rich base game, but everything that is added does just scratch the surface. For me personally that reduces the overall excitement and I hope we get stronger packs in the future and that every pack we had so far gets added to. Australia isn't represented propperly. South America isn't represented propperly. And now aquatic animals are not represented enough. And since it's a small pack as usual, for me personally, it doesn't make up for the non-anniversary update.

Top Bottom