Planet Zoo Beta live NOW!

Hello. First of all: beautiful game and thank you for this beta!

But i can't seem to adopt anything.. Are your servers melting or? :D ..

Best regards
Nicklas

All working fine since download.

My biggest problem has been building a fence. The lead-in tutorial doesnt help much with learning all the controls, you're pretty much left to find them yourself.
The fence building menu is very large and obscures the compound , so it is difficult to select the whole fence in one go.

Also, I bought this game just to watch the animals, but can't get a full screen without menus etc.

Hello,

I have an issue regarding the launch of the game, it doesn't do anything. When I click play the game seems to launch only to crash 5 seconds afterwards. Nothing happens just the cursor changes shape. After that I get the crash reporter with no information at all.

Can somebody help me please.

Also, I bought this game just to watch the animals, but can't get a full screen without menus etc.

Double-clicking an animal, or highlighting them and pressing the small camera button (button left of their info box) will give you a full-screen orbiting camera with very minimal menu clutter. 😊

My hippo escaped and now it’s stuck boxed outside of the habitat and it won’t let me unbox it or move it. And in the animal menu it won’t let me send it to the trade center because it’s escaped. It won’t let me move it because it “could not locate animal.”

Genuinely loving the game so far! Looks incredible and I'm experiencing very little bugs so far. I know one thing that's sort of goofing me up is that the amount of enrichment items in the "franchise" section is very limited, and the only ones that seem to load are Lemur and Mandarin toys. I checked the availability post and didn't see anything specifically about that - is that a bug or did I just miss something :p

Also! Will we be able to change any animal names in the future?

I'm having an issue where it says my Steam account isn't beta authorized when I try to launch. I just pre-ordered the game. Has anyone else had this issue? I tripple checked and I definitely bought the Deluxe Edition.

I had a quick play last night. Wow!
I had a big goofy grin as the opening cinematics introduced the career level. It all looks so gorgeous and runs so well.
I finished the scenario in a couple of hours and have already learned loads about the game and have discovered some tips and tricks along the way just by playing around.
And yes, there are a couple of gripes and things I'd tweak, but then this is Beta. I know the good folk of Team Frontier will listen to everyone's feedback and do their magic.

Paul_Crowther

Community Manager
Frontier
Hey all! If you have any Beta feedback please post it in our Beta Feedback forum here so our developers can check it out. Also if you have any crashes or if things don't work like they are supposed to please let out investigation team know here.

So do I just install the game on Steam to play the beta? I bought the deluxe edition for the extra animals and the beta access. It would be nice if someone would explain how I can get the beta.

HeatherG

Volunteer Moderator
So do I just install the game on Steam to play the beta? I bought the deluxe edition for the extra animals and the beta access. It would be nice if someone would explain how I can get the beta.
Click on Planet Zoo in the Library and it should automatically start installing.

Robert Maynard

Volunteer Moderator
Did you buy it on Steam or the Frontier Store?

If the latter then log on to the store; go to https://www.frontierstore.net/customerkeys/ and redeem the key - which will cause the game to auto-populate in your Steam library.

I'm having an issue where it says my Steam account isn't beta authorized when I try to launch. I just pre-ordered the game. Has anyone else had this issue? I tripple checked and I definitely bought the Deluxe Edition.
If anyone else has this issue, it was because my anti-virus was blocking Planet Zoo from launching. I allowed it, and now it runs great! :)

Top Bottom