Planet Zoo: Conservation Pack and Update 1.10 Out Now! 🌻

Has anyone else found that grids are behaving weirdly since the update? My grids keep changing size mid-build so suddenly the pieces don't fit together anymore (and the sliders to change the sizes haven't moved.)

I've heard black leopards and jaguars called black panthers in the UK too. I'm tempted to make a zoo revolving around the big cat myths in the UK using, leopards and jaguars... we have a lot of stories about 'black panthers' roaming wild here.
Here in Italy we also have a lot of similar stories... Every summer it's the same thing over and over. Sometimes they turned out to be kind of true (two years ago they caught a melanistic Serval that was roaming the countryside in the South)

I'm noticing something weird with the grass roof panels. They show up under the general section for props, but there are not in any of the subsections (where theme props, general props, signs etc are listed).

I am in sandbox, so it's definitely not an issue with research (plus the fact I can see it in the main section for props) - it does have a tag for non-grid props, but for some reason just isn't showing up. Not sure if it's just my files or if anyone else has noticed it.

Now that I know it's not showing up correctly I've favorited it and should be able to locate easily, but just thought I'd mention it.

In the same thread, I noticed there isn't a subsection for the new education items (giraffe height etc.). They are under sound and screens, but not under any of the subsections.
Noticed this too, I think the problem here is that they need a new subcstegory there, something like “interactive education” or something. Same thing for the podiums for animal talks and their parts, they are not in any subcategory.

W
Here in Italy we also have a lot of similar stories... Every summer it's the same thing over and over. Sometimes they turned out to be kind of true (two years ago they caught a melanistic Serval that was roaming the countryside in the South)
we Get those in Australia too (if you can believe it). Generally it’s a biggish feral cat next to a bush that looks bigger than it is.

oh uh i saw him just as he ran out on the list so i didnt get him lol but its nice that theyre back. Do you know if the albino dall sheep are too?
Seems like they've removed it completely and it probably won't come back. Didn't work at all in the Game. Just showed the Icon on the Market. Another cool Thing is that Icon for a special not implemented Grey Seal Variation I found on the Market once. I think I've posted about it somewhere on the Forum once. Hope they'll implement that one someday. The Icon looked so nice

W

we Get those in Australia too (if you can believe it). Generally it’s a biggish feral cat next to a bush that looks bigger than it is.
I've heard though that a australian feral Cat was killed once that was as big as a Big Cat. Don't know though if it was really true. I can't remember seeing any Photos. Seems like there was also at least one Thylacoleo Sighting (of course I know it's no Cat but relatively Cat like)

Seems like they've removed it completely and it probably won't come back. Didn't work at all in the Game. Just showed the Icon on the Market. Another cool Thing is that Icon for a special not implemented Grey Seal Variation I found on the Market once. I think I've posted about it somewhere on the Forum once. Hope they'll implement that one someday. The Icon looked so nice

I've heard though that a australian feral Cat was killed once that was as big as a Big Cat. Don't know though if it was really true. I can't remember seeing any Photos. Seems like there was also at least one Thylacoleo Sighting (of course I know it's no Cat but relatively Cat like)
Makes me sad they do that haha

Confirmation (in case anyone interested hasn't experimented themselves yet) that it is possible with the current animation to completely disguise the Gorilla measuring education station if we want to. I just used a random custom billboard image I had in the game so it's obviously not appropriate but shows at least that they are far enough away for it not to look too odd. Trick is going to be working out sensible sizes for the images!

Edit: Just tried a quick proof of concept image (none is my own art, just a quick mash up of images). I think the polar bear is too big but it's not totally unreasonable...

20220624205607_1.jpg

Last edited:
Sneaky sneaky Frontier! You've been improving herding behaviors, haven't you? Because this is a test herd on my testing sandbox map, and prior to this update in 1.9 I used to only get around 3-5 of the wildebeest herding at any given time. Now it's all 8, which is the full herd I have in there right now. Very nice!

I am noticing significantly more interaction between individual animals and what seems in some cases to be herding. I was just watching my ibex and there was some nice interaction I have never seen before.

I am noticing significantly more interaction between individual animals and what seems in some cases to be herding. I was just watching my ibex and there was some nice interaction I have never seen before.
Yea I noticed in my giraffe, zebra and scimitar oryx habitat the oryx and zebra tended to stick around each other more… I have to test this with my huge savanna habitats

Absolutely loving the improved multi-select. So much easier!
I thought I was crazy because I didn't see it mentioned anywhere, but I could swear something has been improved.
It's great and easily one of the best Quality-of-Life changes any update has brought so far.

While I'm at it: I think another change has been done to the barrier system (but correct if I'm just stupid and this is no change at all). To better explain it: consider that you have two barriers right next to each other, one of them is a null barrier and the other one a visible fenced barrier. Now the visible barrier is selected and changed into a null barrier. Previously, the post between both barriers would stay visible and would have to be changed manually into a null-post. Now it's automatically changed to a null post too though when the adjacent barrier is changed. Since I usually put in a mesh barrier first with my habitat builds and then cover it all up and change it into null barriers, this change is pretty great for me.

I've been playing for a while and the animals look very good. Also the new plants are fantastic. These two things are the most important for me, so the pack is totally worthy. 👍

However, I'm disappointed that we don't get any new enrichment item. The tree for leopards or more scratching trees would have been very welcome 😢. Also I wanted the burrows added to the foxes. Hopefully next time.

The puff adder still needs the Asia tag ☹️

I wish we had the railing of the new path as a building piece. It's one of the best railings so far. ❤️

I'm a bit sad that despite all the conservation efforts and the importance given to education in this pack the poor educators still don't have their icon on the main information window of your zoo unlike all other staff members.

I don't like the new statues, but the new signs are good. I wish we had a full set in that style for all animals. 🙏

I'm going to save my opinion on the new building pieces because I have mixed feelings about them and I want to pay a bit longer before judging them.
After having played more time with the new DLC I can finally talk about the pieces and unfortunately they are not for me. I understand that some people create very detailed backstage areas and the new pieces are great for them, but that's not my case. There aren't many pieces and if you are not interested in building gutters or air vents the choice is even more limited. Besides, I don't like the idea of having all pieces split in parts without having a full made version. I already expressed that with the European signs and this new DLC does the same with some pieces, like the new ceiling lamps. I play on a limited computer and having to use three different pieces instead of just one to make a ceiling lamp is annoying. Same with non gridded pieces. They are very useful, but having also a gridded version would make the game easier for more casual players. The new wall set is good, but not as important as the wall set we got with the Europe DLC.

Despite not enjoying the new pieces, I still think the pack is good because of the animals and plants.

Instead of having to click on the multi-select tool in the bottom right corner, you can know shift-select multiple items freely and it automatically uses the multi-select.
What? This was the most necessary thing in ages. As great as it is to have multi-select (I always use 'I' to close all building tabs I have open), it always bothered me that you needed to open an extra function to select multiple items. So glad they changed it!!

• NEW - Scenery/Paths
    • Natural Grass Path
Thank you for this update. I love the animals and the new path and the little doors which are very useful. Thank you for the efforts you are making.
And thank you also if you have a problem you are always there to help us so thank you very much.

Top Bottom