Planet Zoo Deluxe Edition: Exclusive Animal Reveals

Joël

Volunteer Moderator
Wow, thanks for revealing the Pygmy Hippopotamus, Thomson’s Gazelle and Komodo Dragon! I wasn’t expecting them so soon.

All three animals look stunning! I think my personal favourite of these three will be the Thomson’s Gazelle. :)

Will these animals be in beta?

You can add add the Deluxe-exclusive animals to your Planet Zoo zoos at launch, which is on 5 November 2019.

I know there's going to be an infodump on beta Soon™, but I'm wondering if the content we develop during the beta will persist into live, or will the data get wiped?

I guess franchise mode progress will be saved even after the beta. Wouldn't make any sense to wipe that and the whole market, I guess.

I guess franchise mode progress will be saved even after the beta. Wouldn't make any sense to wipe that and the whole market, I guess.

I'm starting to doubt that. It's less than 2 weeks from the start of the beta and the answer to the question of whether or not our work will be wiped after the beta ends has only been deflected by Paul saying "We'll be able to share more specific details on the Beta nearer the day." I suspect they don't want to give out any bad news until they have to. They have said we aren't getting the Deluxe animals until the official launch.

The beta is why I bought Deluxe but I thought it would be more like a 2-week head-start, not 2 weeks with an incomplete game and then cut off for a month before the official launch. If everything is getting wiped after the beta, I'm not going to bother. If franchise mode progress is saved, I will play the beta.

Joël

Volunteer Moderator
I agree but this isn't a "real" beta either. It's more part of the hype, and that's fine, I get it, I just wish that my question would get answered.
We'll just have to wait a bit longer for the answer to the question about whether our progress in Planet Zoo will be erased / preserved after the Beta has ended. :)

I'm sure that the answer to that question will be provided once the Beta goes live on 24 September. Just about 12 days to go now...

I agree but this isn't a "real" beta either. It's more part of the hype, and that's fine, I get it, I just wish that my question would get answered.
They'll answer once they know if any bugs will need a wipe of customer data. Which will be .. after the beta.

• Like (+1)
Reactions: LN

WingardiumLevicoaster

Volunteer Moderator
We got to keep things in Planet Coaster Beta ( and alpha) but with the alpha at least, many things were broken. Beta was very close to release, so I had no issues. Planet Zoo is more like the timescale of alpha 3.. so it's up in the air I think.

They'll answer once they know if any bugs will need a wipe of customer data. Which will be .. after the beta.

I suspect there will be some seriously upset people if they don't tell us before the beta whether or not data will be wiped and then it gets wiped. I don't think Frontier wants to deal with that mess.

I don't expect to keep anything past the beta. I'm just thrilled that I get to try out the game. That being said, IF we do get to keep something past the beta, I'll have reason to rejoice. If not, I'll still have been rewarded.

I really just want to know one way or the other. To be honest, I won't be upset either way. If it's going to be wiped I don't want to bother with it. I'll just wait. But if progress is saved, I very much want to play beta - hence my really wanting to know.

I expect the Beta progress to be wiped. Version progress usually does this to saves and there are probably many internal versions between the end of the Beta and the official game launch.

I still hope, we will be able to keep blueprints created during the beta. Those shouldn't be impacted that much by changes of the game code. The implementation of additional building parts could screw things up, of course. Nevertheless it would be great, if the developers manage to make this possible.

I think that if they get Steam Workshop running for beta then builds might be saved but otherwise, I kinda doubt it.

I expect the Beta progress to be wiped. Version progress usually does this to saves and there are probably many internal versions between the end of the Beta and the official game launch.

I still hope, we will be able to keep blueprints created during the beta. Those shouldn't be impacted that much by changes of the game code. The implementation of additional building parts could screw things up, of course. Nevertheless it would be great, if the developers manage to make this possible.

I think that if they get Steam Workshop running for beta then builds might be saved but otherwise, I kinda doubt it.

I asked this in a separate thread and actually don't want to deepen it here again. Anyway, what I've learned there is that blueprints are stored locally and only require the WS, if they are meant to be shared. I only want my Beta blueprints stored for my later personal use in my own zoos.

Bo Marit

Lead Community Manager
Frontier
I suspect there will be some seriously upset people if they don't tell us before the beta whether or not data will be wiped and then it gets wiped. I don't think Frontier wants to deal with that mess.

Of course we will tell you; we're just waiting on some final information from different teams before we have all the details, but next week you should get all the Beta information you need.

Can you tell if ever, when you were able to carry over Beta to main game (in any game).

that will give you your answer.

Reasons are obvious.
Changes will be made to the programming that may or may not be compatible with the general release
Making such a claim as carry over will be preempting no issues, at which point its not a beta, its an early release.
Carry over from Beta be will too restrictive for FDev (or any Developer)

Last edited:
Can you tell if ever, when you were able to carry over Beta to main game (in any game).

that will give you your answer.

I didn't play it myself but some have said that beta progress was carried over in Planet Coaster, another Frontier game. I don't expect it will be in PZ, and I honestly won't be upset either way, I just want to know. Bo has said we will find out next week, which is before the beta starts, I'm happy with that.

Top Bottom