❄️ Planet Zoo: Europe Pack arriving 14 December ❄️

Wait wait wait... I skipped most of the middle of this thread so I probably missed it, but we're getting food trucks?

l2t1d397q4481.jpg

I assume this is a shell for the new shop counters. What a great addition, it makes the counters make way more sense.
Fallow deer spotted
Now we successfully have a picture of every habitat animal

I hope the Dall sheep can use the new goat rocks!

Im still sad we don’t have Wolverines but the badger is so cute I can’t stay mad at them! Happy to have a land mustelid. (Badgers still don’t replace wolverines or Ratels for me though! We still need them!)

Frontier if you’re watching please add more guest activities! Kiosks, Playgrounds, museum exhibits, rides, touch pools (could be a new exhibit type)

Last edited:
I hope the Dall sheep can use the new goat rocks!

Im still sad we don’t have Wolverines but the badger is so cute I can’t stay mad at them! Happy to have a land mustelid. (Badgers still don’t replace wolverines or Ratels for me though! We still need them!)

Frontier if you’re watching please add more guest activities! Kiosks, Playgrounds, museum exhibits, rides, touch pools (could be a new exhibit type)
Which "new goat rocks" are you talking about please ?

All I want are even more shops and carousels
Yes, we need to get all of those amazing Food Shops from Planet Coaster. It's a Shame that they aren't in the Game. They wouldn't just add way more Variety but they would also allow us to theme our Zoos/Areas better (Sushi in a Japanese Zoo or in a Park that focuses on semiaquatic Animals, BBQ in a Zoo in Texas, Tikichiki on Hawaii... Just think about all the Possibilities) also please fitting Shops for the new Christmas Theme

touch pools (could be a new exhibit type)
I need those. I prefer normal Tanks but I'll take every Opportunity to display aquatic Animals

They’re adding three new enrichment items: Goat rocks (ibex), scarecrow feeder (ibex, deer) and tree bark scratcher (badger, lynx).
I still wonder what a Scarecrow Feeder is. Can't really imagine anything from that Name

I don't think I've given my thoughts yet. I am excited for this pack, if not quite as much so for the last couple of packs. But that was to be expected; I think for me Europe's appeal has been more towards the building set side than animal side, which is opposite of every other time. That said, I think it's a really good set of animals, two very classic and highly requested animals (specific sub/species notwithstanding) and I'm really happy that my stoutboy (TM) the badger made it in.

To be fair, despite how much I hated the idea of a European Pack at first, now I love it. This was a really pleasant surprise!

The animal choice is good, one of the best in my opinion: Fallow Deer, a great animal for petting zoos or walkthrough habitats but also for Temperate/Mediterranean areas; Eurasian Lynx, which looks absolutely fantastic; European Badger, one of the most iconic animals in this continent and definitely the most European thing I can think about; Alpine Ibex, kind of a local animal to me (I live near the Alps) so it's great to see my country being represented as well; Fire Salamander, the best pick for an European exhibit animal.
(and, to be fair, I would have had nothing wrong with another Otter even if it was added instead of the deer)

The building set is incredible, the pieces look stunning and some of them will be really useful! From what we could see in the trailer, this new set will basically "expand" some pre-existing building sets: boats, buoys and bridges go well with the Aquatic theme; the Christmas market pieces are a good addition to the "festive" theme in the Arctic Pack; lots of new classic-ish pieces of course, and then there are some new interesting features such as the food trucks and the neon signs!

II've also heard of new foliage such as the plane tree, cork oak, grape vines even! Amazing Mediterranean foliage, love it.

In conclusion, despite what everyone thinks about this, I have to say: I wasn't so hyped about a new DLC since the good ol' days of Australia Pack, in August 2020! And I know this is gonna be controversial but... I already love this way more than Africa Pack (sorry everyone, never been a fan of that DLC)

Last edited:
I feel so nostalgic. Being from the Netherlands, all the Dutch architecture makes me feel right at home. Also love the animals and that Europe is finally getting a representation in the game. We really didn't have any species from here. Some animals could be used in a European section, but they could as easily (if not more easily) be used in other zoo sections so I never made a European zoo section. Classical yes, but not European.

🤔 Doesn't Planet Coaster have a Bratwurst Shop? (still find it silly that the German Word is used in English even though it should be something like Roast Sausage). Not completely sure because for some Reason there's nowhere a complete List of Planet Coaster Shops online, but this would be the perfect Opportunity to port it over to Planet Zoo. I love Hotdogs but sometimes a Bratwurst is just way better 🤤

🤔 Doesn't Planet Coaster have a Bratwurst Shop? (still find it silly that the German Word is used in English even though it should be something like Roast Sausage). Not completely sure because for some Reason there's nowhere a complete List of Planet Coaster Shops online, but this would be the perfect Opportunity to port it over to Planet Zoo. I love Hotdogs but sometimes a Bratwurst is just way better 🤤
There is, but as part of a paid DLC. I'm not sure Frontier wants to give in a free update something for which you have to pay in the other game. If we ever get these shops, I think they will be part of a paid DLC too.

After all the joy and hype from the announcement, I've had time to think about the animals and I love the choices. This is the first pack in which I wouldn't change anything (I would add more things of course).

Eurasian lynx: this was a must, and it looks great. As a Spaniard, I would have loved the Iberian lynx too, but I understand that this one is more common and offers more options for everybody. I have said it before on the forum: I want both. Let's hope the Iberian lynx is the "reskin" animal of a future endangered species pack. Since I live in Finland now, the Eurasian lynx is also good for me, and I will call the first one Lumi, of course, which means snow in Finnish,

Alpine ibex: another must-have. Yes, it might not be the most common one outside Central Europe, but it's the most iconic goat. It's somehow like giant pandas: not the most common bears in zoos, but so iconic that they deserve to be included in any zoo game.

European badger: an excellent choice, not only for the new burrows, but also because it's the first land mustelid and it has a unique face like no other animal in the game so far. That makes them very unique and I think that's why it was chosen over the wolverine: they look more unique, and cute. I think they will be the new plushies that Frontier is going to make.

European fallow deer: the big surprise, yet an obvious choice. I always knew that there would be a deer in a Europe pack, even in the darkest moments where the otter caused nightmares on the forum. It had to. As many, I was leaning towards the red deer, but I also had the fallow deer in my wishlist. I think it was chosen over the red deer because it looks more different to reindeer and moose and their range is also more different to the range of those two deer. Besides, Frontier has insisted that the new restaurants can be placed inside habitats, and what better animal for this than a fallow deer?

I'm not sure, but maybe badgers, fallow deer and ibex will be able to share an enclosure?

Fire salamander: I think this is the first time that Frontier has chosen the exhibit animal that most people wanted. After the precedents of the Asian snake, the chameleon and the axolotl, I was fearing another weird decission, but no. This time Frontier listened and delivered. I'm looking forward to see the new temperate design for the box. This is also our 30th exhibit animal, and it's a brand new one, since we didn't have any salamanders yet.

Basically, this pack is what me and many of the supporters of a European pack always asked for a standard pack: a lynx, a goat, a deer and a small animal with a big range in Europe. Some people say this pack is focused in Central-Europe, but it doesn't. It covers all Europe. 4 of the 5 animals are found in the Mediterranean. The badger also lives in Scandinavia, adding so another animal to an already more than decent line-up of animals from Northern Europe. This pack has no intruders, this pack is what it had to be. The only "but" is that 4 habitat animals has never been enough for any Planet Zoo DLC, but no worries, the red fox, the red deer and the wild boar are joining forces with the raccoon and the wolverine to make campaign for a Forest DLC, but for now, let's focus on the present and enjoy this amazing new pack.

Last edited:
Top Bottom