🦙 Planet Zoo: South America Pack coming 7 April, 2020! 🦙

Status
Thread Closed: Not open for further replies.
People complaining about people complaining about the small number of animals or worrying this is just how future dlcs are going to be, no expansions packs etc.
"You can't be surprised, it was the same with the last one" does that mean lie down and take it? Well no, I won't, never, it's just not in my nature. Some pointing out "you wouldn't in real life" oh yes I would, I constantly do it nicely but the person hearing it wouldn't shrug it off like they can over the internet. You often get an explination and find out what's planned for the future or get a discount. It's great, some human interaction and answers.
Why even have a forum if you don't intend on getting the vibe from the people and how they react to what you put out. And that includes "I'd like to see X and Y, I don't really care about Z". And those wants/wishes/concerns etc. aren't just one person saying "I want aliens, I'd like to make an alien zoo that's in a big bubble and guests float around in tubes while the aliens are in bubble exhibits". That would be an insanely unique thing to want or expect. But "I'd like more animals in a pack, don't care that much about new themes" - those are VERY frequent and doable. Also "I really hope they make an expansion pack for aquatic/flying/whatever animals" and "I'm just concerned this is all the game will ever expand, that there will be no more arctic/whatever animals in the game since the arctic pack is done with" is also very common and reasonable. People aren't asking for a lot. If they announced "there's an aquatic expansion pack planned for 2021" or whenever I'm sure people would be calmer and just be happy with these little taste packs. Or "we plan on making a 100% animal packs after we go through the continents" that would be awesome, also calming people that are scared they're never going to have a penguin. I mean "diving is an issue" well then they can swim on the surface. But what's confusing me with "they're never going to make underwater swimming" then why make underwater viewing areas a thing?
On thew topic of free updates... the free updates are huge quality of life improvements, really awesome, people obviously love them and it makes no sense not to include them in the base game. They release it for the base game because it would make no sense that you need a dlc to get those features. Older games did it because they couldn't update it like they can now that everything is digital and on the internet. The only feature that could be pack specific could be an expansion pack feature that is truly new and adds nothing to the other parts of the game - you get an aviary, you can't use it without the birds the pack would come with - makes sense. But I'm not going to fall over backward with gratitude that they didn't put out UI updates with the SA pack. I'll say "great additions, thanks, I hope you give me lots of things to spend my cash on and look forward to future content". With 4 animals per pack with the focus on themes, I just can't see a long future. I don't want this game to die, that's why I "complain".
PS. I'm wondering when we get those traits they were talking about, people seemed to have forgotten.

So great the pack is already coming today🥳

All animals look incredible😻 I cant even say which one I am more looking forward too, at first I thought it was the anteater, but all others are also very beautiful and their animations so far looked awesome. (okay, I can only say its not the frog, it looks nice aswell, but personally I do not care so much about the exhibit animals)

In my opinion the animals are all well chosen and for me are also more or less unique in the game so far (sure, you could argue about the monkey and aswell about the Jaguar, but still😅) Sure, there are some South American animals I would have loved in the game aswell, but so far I would not say its impossible for them to ever come into PZ and if they wont, well I could still live with that as long as we got more awesome animals in the future^^

I sure would wish for bigger packs aswell, but it is how it is, I guess. And maybe they might treat us with one or two in the future😇 Or who knows, maybe even free animals sometimes (not that I would expect or demand it, just so no one gets me wrong)

Anyways, I am really happy about the animals coming later today - now I just have to try and make some space in my trade center😅

People complaining about people complaining about the small number of animals or worrying this is just how future dlcs are going to be, no expansions packs etc.
"You can't be surprised, it was the same with the last one" does that mean lie down and take it? Well no, I won't, never, it's just not in my nature. Some pointing out "you wouldn't in real life" oh yes I would, I constantly do it nicely but the person hearing it wouldn't shrug it off like they can over the internet. You often get an explination and find out what's planned for the future or get a discount. It's great, some human interaction and answers.
Why even have a forum if you don't intend on getting the vibe from the people and how they react to what you put out. And that includes "I'd like to see X and Y, I don't really care about Z". And those wants/wishes/concerns etc. aren't just one person saying "I want aliens, I'd like to make an alien zoo that's in a big bubble and guests float around in tubes while the aliens are in bubble exhibits". That would be an insanely unique thing to want or expect. But "I'd like more animals in a pack, don't care that much about new themes" - those are VERY frequent and doable. Also "I really hope they make an expansion pack for aquatic/flying/whatever animals" and "I'm just concerned this is all the game will ever expand, that there will be no more arctic/whatever animals in the game since the arctic pack is done with" is also very common and reasonable. People aren't asking for a lot. If they announced "there's an aquatic expansion pack planned for 2021" or whenever I'm sure people would be calmer and just be happy with these little taste packs. Or "we plan on making a 100% animal packs after we go through the continents" that would be awesome, also calming people that are scared they're never going to have a penguin. I mean "diving is an issue" well then they can swim on the surface. But what's confusing me with "they're never going to make underwater swimming" then why make underwater viewing areas a thing?
On thew topic of free updates... the free updates are huge quality of life improvements, really awesome, people obviously love them and it makes no sense not to include them in the base game. They release it for the base game because it would make no sense that you need a dlc to get those features. Older games did it because they couldn't update it like they can now that everything is digital and on the internet. The only feature that could be pack specific could be an expansion pack feature that is truly new and adds nothing to the other parts of the game - you get an aviary, you can't use it without the birds the pack would come with - makes sense. But I'm not going to fall over backward with gratitude that they didn't put out UI updates with the SA pack. I'll say "great additions, thanks, I hope you give me lots of things to spend my cash on and look forward to future content". With 4 animals per pack with the focus on themes, I just can't see a long future. I don't want this game to die, that's why I "complain".
PS. I'm wondering when we get those traits they were talking about, people seemed to have forgotten.
Amen

At what time will this DLC + the update be released? It's half past 12pm here. Normally they release at around 1pm. But my steam says: Releasing in approx. 7 hours?

Argh! No... I won't watch them, I won't, I'll be patient... But please don't let us wait for SEVEN hours from now :eek:
No Problem when they get a early hands on and release their vids when the update/dlc is going live at the same time. But seeing they play the dlc (and update) in their vids and we must still wait for the release is pretty dumb

No Problem when they get a early hands on and release their vids when the update/dlc is going live at the same time. But seeing they play the dlc (and update) in their vids and we must still wait for the release is pretty dumb

Sure, I rather meant the "argh" as "this adds to my impatience" :) I don't mind them getting early access, I just don't want to know the content in detail before I can explore it on my own.

1586255000376.png

Just copied this pic.
Here in Australia, 7 hours away, it will be 3 or 4 in the morning on the 8th.

Well, the good news according to Rudi is we can breed Black Panthers, with effort. The bad news is it won't be turning up untill 4 or 5pm UK time. Come on frontier, we're all at home... pleeeeese hurry up.

View attachment 168136

Just copied this pic.
Here in Australia, 7 hours away, it will be 3 or 4 in the morning on the 8th.
Must been a placeholder. Here in Germany its planned for 8PM.

But content creators are live with their stuff know, so the DLC wont be that far away anymore. I also think it'll come at 12 BST.

Edit: ok, doesnt seem to be a placeholder at all.

But this politics is kinda stupid. Let the Content creators and their videos now some hours for their own - and weve to wait..

"Everything new" - yeah, cool that its new, but i dont wanna see it in your video, i wanna also have the experience and explore it for myself...

Well, the good news according to Rudi is we can breed Black Panthers, with effort. The bad news is it won't be turning up untill 4 or 5pm UK time. Come on frontier, we're all at home... pleeeeese hurry up.

Damn really? That's... a bummer. All the last updates and DLC was available at 12pm UK time (1pm my time)
Really hope it is not true....

There is that, but it does say due in 7 hours, hence what I said. So I hope you will be right. Really weird iff the influencers get that much of a head start on us

Youtube suddenly exploded with DLC videos - very reassuring to see that none of us has access to download yet.

So freakin excited for the black jaguar!! I felt like we would get one, and I'm so grateful that Frontier surprised us with them. Thank you Frontier! Also, the foliage pieces are stunning, and my favourite thing in this pack besides the new animals. Looking forward to looking through the build pieces. Thank you for making the bamboo and wood items recolourable, and the awnings and colourful pieces look fun. Can't wait until release!

Edit: just saw on Rudi's video that the gold items also come in wood/stone as well. Super appreciative of that! Gold highlights might be fun, but I love that we have less gaudy options too.

Last edited:
Status
Thread Closed: Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom