🐾 Planet Zoo: Southeast Asia Animal Pack arriving 30 March 🐾

I am really looking forward to tommorow now. Great work. The binturong now looks really binturong like now. The other species were amazing already before in my opinion. And in fact the old model really can be used for a racoon or so.

Btw: Where can I find the new malayan tapir picture which has been posted here?

They posted the new and improved Bingturong:

View attachment 215326
Bearcat, does this look like a Bingturong?
Lmao, ofc this dropped when I stepped out to get lunch. I saw it about half an hour ago on twitter and I've had this silly grin on my face that won't go away haha. I had to wait until I got back in to post about it.

It looks fantastic. They addressed everything I listed. I mean when you see that, there's no doubt whatsoever what animal it is. I originally planned to make a sandbox zoo with like 3-4 different bearcat habitats and upload them to the workshop. I'm thinking I'll have to do at least 6 now lol. And I conveniently have nothing important to do tomorrow hehehe.

Shoutout to Chante and all the other CMs, shoutout to the dev team, shoutout to everyone who gave respectful CC and shoutout to Binturongs in general. This made my day :)

Lmao, ofc this dropped when I stepped out to get lunch. I saw it about half an hour ago on twitter and I've had this silly grin on my face that won't go away haha. I had to wait until I got back in to post about it.

It looks fantastic. They addressed everything I listed. I mean when you see that, there's no doubt whatsoever what animal it is. I originally planned to make a sandbox zoo with like 3-4 different bearcat habitats and upload them to the workshop. I'm thinking I'll have to do at least 6 now lol. And I conveniently have nothing important to do tomorrow hehehe.

Shoutout to Chante and all the other CMs, shoutout to the dev team, shoutout to everyone who gave respectful CC and shoutout to Binturongs in general. This made my day :)

Happy to see @Bearcat9948 so relieved! :)

They posted the new and improved Bingturong:

View attachment 215326
Bearcat9948, does this look like a Bingturong?
Oh god, I love it 😍😍😍 THIS is a binturong, wow. Thank you PZ team, this is really amazing. 😍😀
Oh wow... they got that out pretty quickly, didn't they? Makes you wonder why other animals (coughmalelioncough) haven't seen any visual updates yet...
Maybe they are waiting to fix the lion with an African pack, I mean, the gharial is getting the deep-swimming mechanics with the SE Asia pack (kind of a "fix", but to their behaviour, not the way they look in game), maybe with an African pack they work on the lion. :unsure:

Omg, the new model is perfect!!!! So well done, Frontier! Great and fast reaction and stunning improvements. Maybe even the best model of the pack now, but it's a hard choice next to the perfect clouded leopard and the sun bear. (The monkey is also perfect, just not my animal).

With the reaction and the improvement I thank you with an instant buy.

Last edited:
Just saw the new binturong and I had to come here and say this since I was one of those who vocally didn't like what was previously shown. The guys knocked it out of the park. I'm blown away not just by how much better it looks, but how quickly the changes were made. Well done Frontier, you guys are awesome! Can't wait for the release tomorrow.

The new binturong is absolutely incredible. I was one of those people who didn't actually expect Frontier to adjust the model in the first place, and then didn't expect it to happen for probably 3+ months even after they announced it was getting fixed. I'm so happy to be wrong, and can't believe how quickly Frontier managed to make sure our expectations were exceeded. It's beautiful, and now it just might be the best looking animal in the entire pack... which says a lot when it has the sun bear, clouded leopard, proboscis monkey, and leaf insect to compete with (but babirusa and dhole look outstanding, too!)

Top Bottom