🐨 Planet Zoo: Update 1.3 and Australia Pack out now! 🐨

Just a quick question. Is it even possible to save a habitat-blueprint that has modified terrain and covers half or more of the map?

Hello Luuknoord, so my dragon is very very big, but not half of the map.

I don't know what it looks like with half of the site and more. I also hardly have any objects in the blueprint.

Maybe you just try it out to see if it works. I would be happy to hear from you.

To the dear employees.

I said I would be very happy if the costs of the site cultivation are NOT calculated, provided that they are included in a construction plan.
Then you have more opportunities to work on the zoo from the site at the beginning.

I don't know if Google just translated it wrongly before, or if I forgot something.

But the right price should simply be stated.

Do you need the save again?

Love from
Gabi

• Like (+1)
Reactions: LN
You might want to consider adding Indian Rhinos to that category, as wetlands are an important part of their ecology.
Perhaps even both categories, as they are known to sleep in wallows and shallow ponds. Since all animals have their respective water depth limits for sleeping with this new mechanic, Indian rhinos too can use it.

Back to some more positivity:

I LOVE THESE CUTE KOALAS!!!

Made my first habitat with them now. Havent seen an animal in PZ yet that id climbing as much as these cuties. Sometimes im switching into the heatmap just to find them in the habitat. And then some of them are high up in the trees. Thats so awesome.

Theres a little pond in that exhibit: and all the time they are swimming in it. Just great.

This is, in my opinion, the most beautiful dlc they have released 😍 I'm in love with the decorations and building materials! And the animals! So adorable!!😍😍😍

Sooo, finally I take the time to post here.

As I already mentioned in the launch stream: In my opinion this is by far the best DLC so far. Frontier managed to integrate pretty unique animals with pretty unique behavior. I don't have had kangaroos and a joey yet, but I saw videos and it is overly cute.

The building pieces are everything that I have dreamed of! I have my rustic outback theme - I can die in peace now. I also absolutely appreciate Frontier worked with an aboriginal artist for the game. In my opinion, it makes the pieces less "what Europeans think aboriginal art is". And they are beautiful!

I experience a lot of bugs with this pack, but poop happens and I never had bugs before. I guess it was just my turn and I know the team is working their butts of to give us a fix - as always.

But my dear Devs, I have really bad news for you: It will be incredible hard to ever beat this pack for me. You put the bar pretty high! (Is that even the right saying in English? I hope you get what I mean.)

And yes, I openly admit it: I was so annoyed by all the Australia discussion and weren't really missing the animals in my zoo, that I just wanted to get over with this pack and move on. But here I am, fangirling hard once again.This might actually be the first DLC for me, that is even better than the free update - and the poor mods and users who have to read all my posts know how much I wanted the color variations.

I never realized just how SLOWLY I played zoo before last night. I decided to try the Australia timed scenario, and time slipped away very quickly without me having succeeded with a single goal. ONe thing that took time that I hadn't planned on spending was the Koalas. Not a bug, just my non-thinking. I was trying to figure out ways of saving money wile adding animals and saw that YES! Koalas and Kangaroos can share an exhibit. So in went the koalas with the kangaroos. Then I was getting alerts of "dangerous animal escape: koalas" Huh?

Then hand slap to head. Ooops! when I put the kangaroos in, I used one of the chainy, climbable fences. So of course the koalas were going to climb the fence to explore. They did look cute while climbing the fence. And even sillier when I changed the fence to glass while one was climbing and watched it continue its climb over the glass fence so that it could leave the zoo boundaries.

Next timed scenario may go quicker for me. I am determined!

I never realized just how SLOWLY I played zoo before last night. I decided to try the Australia timed scenario, and time slipped away very quickly without me having succeeded with a single goal. ONe thing that took time that I hadn't planned on spending was the Koalas. Not a bug, just my non-thinking. I was trying to figure out ways of saving money wile adding animals and saw that YES! Koalas and Kangaroos can share an exhibit. So in went the koalas with the kangaroos. Then I was getting alerts of "dangerous animal escape: koalas" Huh?

Then hand slap to head. Ooops! when I put the kangaroos in, I used one of the chainy, climbable fences. So of course the koalas were going to climb the fence to explore. They did look cute while climbing the fence. And even sillier when I changed the fence to glass while one was climbing and watched it continue its climb over the glass fence so that it could leave the zoo boundaries.

Next timed scenario may go quicker for me. I am determined!

Haha, yeah, the timed scenarios are another challenge all together but lots of fun and I'd love to see more of them in the future (or the scenario editor for that matter hinthint ;P) I actually completed the Estonian one earlier today with gold and had a whole 3 seconds left to spare on the gold medal timer lol

Thanks a lot for including small Versions of Trees in the Game. It's even possible to decorate the Exhibits with them. I do have the small Eucalyptus Tree in the Blue Tongued Skink Exhibit and planted a bit of the Australian Grass around it. It would be absolutely great if we would also get small Versions of other Trees. I really hoped for a small Kapok Tree to be included

Thanks a lot for including small Versions of Trees in the Game. It's even possible to decorate the Exhibits with them. I do have the small Eucalyptus Tree in the Blue Tongued Skink Exhibit and planted a bit of the Australian Grass around it. It would be absolutely great if we would also get small Versions of other Trees. I really hoped for a small Kapok Tree to be included
I wish there were less massive kapoks as well. If you don't zoom alll the way out, it just looks like a big trunk.

The Cassowary Chicks seem to have the complete Opposite of the Hitbox Problem of many other Animals. They run trough Metal Bars where they shouldn't be able to fit trough

The Cassowary Chicks seem to have the complete Opposite of the Hitbox Problem of many other Animals. They run trough Metal Bars where they shouldn't be able to fit trough

Pfft, my Dingos can do way better than that. They walk through their 3m high, double climb proof metal fence to visit their Roo neighbours all the time and send my guests running in the process 🤪

Really though, I thought one of the main reasons we have to put up with those huge hitboxes now is because they were supposed to fix this stuff, and yet, it seems to happen even more often than before.

Pfft, my Dingos can do way better than that. They walk through their 3m high, double climb proof metal fence to visit their Roo neighbours all the time and send my guests running in the process 🤪

Really though, I thought one of the main reasons we have to put up with those huge hitboxes now is because they were supposed to fix this stuff, and yet, it seems to happen even more often than before.
I really hope that you didn't loose any Kangaroos because of this. I'm also currently building a Dingo Enclosure, so I really hope it won't happen in my Zoo.

One Question about Dingos. Aren't they also living in Rainforests or do I just confuse them with the closely related New Guinea Singing Dog?

Top Bottom