🐨 Planet Zoo: Update 1.3 and Australia Pack out now! 🐨

I got several cases of kangaroos completly ignore the concrete barrier and just go through it to escape.
Also had a bug when zooming at dingo while it is using the new pool enrichment, when zoomed in, the dingo dissapear. Zoomed out a bit and it appeared again.

Other than that I have not encounter any bugs yet. Loving the new vending machines but as many others said, they broke too much and too quickly.

I got several cases of kangaroos completly ignore the concrete barrier and just go through it to escape.
Are they all male Adults? I use a different Barrier for them and the grown males do sometimes turn their Back to the Fence which causes them to somehow clip enough trough it to escape. It didn't happen with Females or Juvenile Kangaroos so far

Are they all male Adults? I use a different Barrier for them and the grown males do sometimes turn their Back to the Fence which causes them to somehow clip enough trough it to escape. It didn't happen with Females or Juvenile Kangaroos so far

Yes it was always a male.

I really hope that you didn't loose any Kangaroos because of this. I'm also currently building a Dingo Enclosure, so I really hope it won't happen in my Zoo.

Thankfully not, did cost me a ton of money and a chunk of my zoo rep, though.

The Dingos seem to be pretty bugged in general. I already lost count of all the headless Dingo pics I've seen by now, they sure do loose their heads a lot.

Last edited:
Was the Plant Need for Koalas really changed? Just discovered that there aren't enough Plants. Also why aren't my Koalas climbing on Trees anymore? They are on the Ground most of the Time. Even the Climbing Structures seem to be only rarely used. When I've built the Enclosure I've put the biggest Eucalyptus Tree in the Game in the Middle of it and they climbed all the Time. Do the Koalas of someone also only rarely climb since some Time and never on the Trees?

I’ve got to say now that I’ve had time to play with the update and Australian dlc the building sets are amazing and very versatile I can use them with any animal in any type of zoo and it blends right in and really looks at home. Also the variants are great as well. Frontier did a heck of a job with this pack. Definitely looking forward to the future dlc content of this game as it gets better and better.

I’ve got to say now that I’ve had time to play with the update and Australian dlc the building sets are amazing and very versatile I can use them with any animal in any type of zoo and it blends right in and really looks at home. Also the variants are great as well. Frontier did a heck of a job with this pack. Definitely looking forward to the future dlc content of this game as it gets better and better.

I was actually looking forward to your feedback. I totally agree with it. In fact, in terms of building and also in terms of animal uniqueness this pack really feels like a strong level-up, compared to the previous once (which I did enjoy, but the SA or the arctic pack didn't make me as happy as this does).

With regards to the new lighting system - I tried to build a faux nocturnal house for my Chinese pangolins, but discovered that even if the whole habitat is completely sealed in by walls and a roof, it doesn't get dark enough to properly simulate night time. It's like light is leaking in through solid concrete. I'm hoping that this is a feature that can be changed in a future update. I had designed the whole thing really nicely, too, so I was disappointed when it didn't work as intended (it looked great at night time, but during the day everything looked kind of greyish and the red, green, and blue lights I'd set up hidden in the plants weren't even perceptible).

With regards to the new lighting system - I tried to build a faux nocturnal house for my Chinese pangolins, but discovered that even if the whole habitat is completely sealed in by walls and a roof, it doesn't get dark enough to properly simulate night time. It's like light is leaking in through solid concrete. I'm hoping that this is a feature that can be changed in a future update. I had designed the whole thing really nicely, too, so I was disappointed when it didn't work as intended (it looked great at night time, but during the day everything looked kind of greyish and the red, green, and blue lights I'd set up hidden in the plants weren't even perceptible).

This has been a thing since PC as well, so I don't think that's ever gonna change, much like the paths sadly...

You have to work around it by putting it in a cave around which you then build your house, at least that's how we made actual dark rides in PC work.

This has been a thing since PC as well, so I don't think that's ever gonna change, much like the paths sadly...

You have to work around it by putting it in a cave around which you then build your house, at least that's how we made actual dark rides in PC work.

Gah, terrain work is so damn finnicky though! That's a damn shame.

This bothers me so much that I just have to adress it here too, anything to increase the chance of anyone from Frontier seeing this!

Please oh Please revert the absolutly horrible change you made to heaters/coolers and exibit temperature!!! It's is impossible now to see what temperature you are setting them to, wich makes it impossible to change it in pause mode and even when unpaused, you just have to guess. I absolutly hate this change, it's horrible! :( Why would you do this??

I am a little sad springboks didn't get any change as there is at least four distinct colours you can get through captive breeding which would be great fun to play around with in a zoo especially if you can only breed for them or something. Only having the white/albino once you start getting lots of white ones it's fun but gets a little boring. Same goes for the wolves, black wolves would be great as they do occur naturally, look at Yellowstone. I adore the llama colour/markings features and the variety in them. Something like that for the other animals like springboks that have variants that can be bred for in captivity would really make the game more playable for me as I play it for the animals, not the building. I really hope you can include these at some point but I love the game, thank you so much for creating it in the first place.

Attachments

• springbok.jpg
    springbok.jpg
    22.9 KB · Views: 199
I am a little sad springboks didn't get any change as there is at least four distinct colours you can get through captive breeding which would be great fun to play around with in a zoo especially if you can only breed for them or something. Only having the white/albino once you start getting lots of white ones it's fun but gets a little boring. Same goes for the wolves, black wolves would be great as they do occur naturally, look at Yellowstone. I adore the llama colour/markings features and the variety in them. Something like that for the other animals like springboks that have variants that can be bred for in captivity would really make the game more playable for me as I play it for the animals, not the building. I really hope you can include these at some point but I love the game, thank you so much for creating it in the first place.
These Springboks look awesome. But are these Colors that also occur in wild Populations? The Fact that they are taxidermied and look so different gives me the Thought that they might be Variations that are sadly only bred for Hunters on Farms

Edit: found out that at least the dark brown Springbok (that is born with black Fur) seems to only appear on Farms and not in the Nature

Last edited:
Top Bottom